Places to eat in Grand Cayman

Most Viewed Restaurants in Grand Cayman

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

Calico Jack: Excellent seafood (fish&chips style)

by call_me_rhia Written Oct 19, 2013

Calico Jack's is a simple beach bar located on public beach, with blue and green wooden shaded tables. Not cheap though - 50 UDS for the food (for 1) and the drinks.

Favorite Dish: The food is simple - fast-food type... we had a most delicious fish and chips - I'm not sure what fish they served us but it was truly great and the portion generous (enough for two).
    With that we had a soft drink and a glass of rum - then walked a bit along the beach and found a lady which sold coconuts that she opened right in front of you for four dollars: a cocoloco was made!

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe Cayman Islands: Hard Rock Cafe Cayman Islands

by TravellerMel Written Nov 7, 2012

Another awesome Hard Rock location! You can see the Cafe as you tender in from your cruise ship. I've been here a couple of times and it is great! The Rock Shop has loads of cool merchandise - pins, shirts, hats, shots, etc - and it is all Island themed. My favorite pins from here are my pirate pin, and a hurricane pin which is a guitar in the shape of the island, and a hurricane symbol which moves over it. :-)

Hard Rock Cafe Cayman Islands

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville: Wasting Away Again in Margaritaville....

by cjg1 Updated May 10, 2011

Margaritaville is a chain of restaurants scattered across the US, Caribbean and Mexico. Yes, it's a chain but I do enjoy the good Margaritas and tasty snacks. My wife and I make Margaritaville a stop whenever we encounter one in our travels.

Grand Cayman's Margaritaville is located admist the main drag of shopping. We decided to stop here for some drinks and a snack during our visit to the island. This Margaritaville is quite large with two levels; the gift shop is on the first floor and the bars/restaurant is on the top floor. Upstairs they have a pool with a waterslide as well as a large outdoor patio.

Since the weather was nice and there were shaded seats; we decided to have a seat at one of the outdoor tables. It didn't take long at all for our waiter to take our drink order and bring us some frosty Margaritas. We weren't too hungry but decided to share an appetizer potion of fried calamari as a snack. As always the Margaritas are delicious. I like the souvenir glasses so we always order a Margarita that comes in their souvenir glass; a Big Rita for me and a License to Chill Margarita for my wife.

It was nice that the place wasn't too crowded and we were able to relax on the patio with a nice water view. After our drink and tasty snack we were able to takle some more shopping.

Favorite Dish: The calamari is always a good choice. The breading is not heavy and the calamari is sweet tasting.

Our Loving my Big 'Rita Calamari My wife enjoying Margaritaville (April 2011) Yes, she matches her Margarita

• TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo

Surfside Restaurant: Local cuisine, tropical drinks & an ocean view!

by TheTravelSlut Updated Apr 4, 2011

Surfside Restaurant just opened as a new dining establishment in Grand Cayman but it should not take long for it to become a favorite among locals and tourists alike.

The full menu covers all the expected items for breakfast, lunch and dinner with a flair and flavor of the Caymans. The restaurant accepts cash and checks.

This waterfront restaurant is family-friendly and children can play on the attached beach while you relax on the open air back patio and enjoy the blue Caribbean waters.

The food I had along with my group was wonderful in both quality and quantity. The spicing of the food is just right.

Prices are excellent with the most expensive dish being $12 (C.I.)

If you don't see what you are looking for, ask a staff member or Chef Norman about specials of the day.

For a quiet, relaxed meal on the East End of Grand Cayman, while overlooking the tempting Caribbean waters, you will be very pleased with the service, food and ambiance of the Surfside Restaurant.

Favorite Dish: On Sundays the restaurant serves up its fabulous Fish & Fritters special.

The menu is varied with almost 8 differenty appetizers, 8 different chicken dishes, almost 10 beef & meat dishes, 5 different fish dishes, sandwiches, burgers, soups and vegetarian dishes also.

Chef Norman Walker creates wonderful cuisine Surfside Restaurant is within this shopping center One of Chef Norman's culinary creations Staff from the Surf Side on the patio dining deck The view from the Surfside Restaurant-waterfront

• TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo

Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville-Georgetown GC: You have a choice-Margaritaville or Senor Frogs

by TheTravelSlut Updated Apr 4, 2011

This is one of several franchises of Margaritaville found throughout the U.S. and Caribbean. It opened in September, 2006.

Margaritaville in Georgetown, Grand Cayman is located right downtown across from the tender piers and has two gift shops with some unusual items I had not seen elsewhere in this chain.

A DJ was spinning music for lunch and the restaurant-bar was busy with people getting their "fun on" early in the day.

The food is sports-bar quality but there were no complaints at a table I shared with 12 others from my cruiseship and all that had a fish dish were pleased.

Unique to this restaurant is the rooftop pool just outside the bar. It even has a slide for the adventurous (or highly intoxicated).

Favorite Dish: Any of the fresh fish items on the menu can generally be considered to be best choices based on the abundance of fishing in the Cayman waters.

And of course, a margarita, on the rocks with salt....

Margaritavilles rooftop pool is a hit on a hot day If you see these, you're close to Margaritaville You have to love the sense of humor One of the two gift shops (upstairs & downstairs) If you see this, you are close to Margaritaville
    • Singles

• catalysta's Profile Photo

Ristorante Pappagallo: Fine Italian dining in a lovely north end setting

by catalysta Updated Apr 4, 2011

Known for it's fine Italian cusine, this restaurant way up on the north end near Spanish Reef Resort offers a lovely setting as well, landscaped over a pond. You can either dine outside or in, but the view is gorgeous from almost any table in the restaurant.

Favorite Dish: This entree (description clipped from their online menu, see link below) was to die for!

Lobster and shrimp sautéed with chopped tomato, mushrooms, green onions in a flaming brandy-tarragon cream sauce served with trecce dell' orto pasta and frazzled leeks

Ristorante Pappagallo Waterfall by the entry
    • Beaches

• ScubaCat's Profile Photo

Coconut Joe's: Cayman on a Budget

by ScubaCat Updated Apr 4, 2011

Coconut Joe's is a wonderful Bar & Grill with fantastic food and the price is right! Many of the restaurants we went to were very, very, expensive, but not Joes. We ate there for breakfast one morning for less than $20.00 for the 2 of us. We then came back for lunch several days later and basically snarfed their burgers. They were to die for & not at all expensive. The atmosphere is fabulous, you feel like your truly on a beach or the jungle. The restaurant is open air and under trees with their building painted a bright orange. Very tropical! The only thing missing in this fantastic restaurant were the parrots to complete image.

Favorite Dish: The Bacon Burgers. Cooked extremly well, had everything on it and I could barely fit it in my mouth. They were huge. I took 1/2 of it back to the hotel with me for dinner later that night.

• Jungle and Rain Forest

• AliasGirl's Profile Photo

The Wharf: Waterfront Seafood Restaurant

by AliasGirl Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Wharf is an excellent choice for dinner. You can eat either inside or outside, although it had just rained pretty hard for a bit and the chairs were still a bit wet, we choose to sit outside. Each table has its own umbrella, great choice because after a few minutes, it stopped raining and we had clear blue skies. Too bad for the folks who decided to stay inside, we got a prime location near the water.

We started with marinated conch '"island style" and golden fried Carribean lobster cake. Very yummy!! Then my Hubby ordered the special, the swordfish (island style) and I had shrimp diane, sauteed with garlic, mushrooms and herbs.

During our dinner, they fed the tarpon and it was fun to watch all the kids running up to the feeding area. The food was great, the ambience was wonderful and very relaxing..
    A great romantic dining experience!

After dinner, we went to the Ports of Call Beach Bar attached to the restaurant for a drink and some live music.

• catalysta's Profile Photo

The Lighthouse At The Breakers: Delicious Food, Spectacular Setting

by catalysta Updated Apr 4, 2011

For a totally memorable and romantic fine dining experience, drive on down the island, about 10 miles past Bodden Town, till you see the famous lighthouse for which the restaurant is named.

Be sure to get a lamp-lit table on their stone pier, out over the water, for the ultimate ambience.
    UPDATE: The pier was destroyed by Hurricane Ivan and has not yet been rebuilt, but you can still get water view seating in the screened outside area, with the soft surf lapping just below you while you eat.

The service is impeccable, in the grand tradition of Old World British elegance, white gloves and all. Johnny, my waiter, made each and every one of his customers feel as if we were utterly special, he was so knowledgeable and attentive!

But this one is a favorite, with good reason, so be sure you make reservations, and be sure to ask for one of the dock tables next to the water, so you can occasionally glance at the fish below while you eat.

Favorite Dish: Everything is luscious, but the menu changes to suit the season and the catch. I had a lobster bisque that was to die for, with a bottle of Due Uve Bertani that complemented the meal perfectly.

The Lighthouse At The Breakers
    • Wine Tasting

• julieuzi's Profile Photo

Grand Old House: Historic House

by julieuzi Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Grand Old House is a beautiful house previously known as the Petra Plantation in 1908. Their food was mediocre to us but our guests were thrilled with it...so worth trying.

What really made the Grand Old House special was their service. The maitre d' made my husband and I feel welcome, confident that our guests would be happy and that our wedding would be perfect...and it was! We exchanged vows under a beautiful gazebo with the ocean in the background.

Favorite Dish: The desserts were yummy!

• fuelbox's Profile Photo

Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville: Stay Away!

by fuelbox Written Jan 18, 2011

My wife, two daughters and myself visited the Margaritaville in the Cayman Islands. One of our daughters and I ordered the same thing (a turkey wrap) and we each got food poisoning. Since this was the only food we ate while there, it's pretty obvious that this was the source.
    I immediately sent them an email explaining what happened. No response. I sent several more over the next week. Still nothing. After two and a half weeks of this, I finally got a response from the manager (Chris Redlund). He did nothing but deny they had any problems and then ignored any further emails from me.
    So take my advice and stay away from this bacteria-ridden restaurant.

Favorite Dish: Not the turkey wrap!

• Beer Tasting
    • Cruise
    • Surfing

• Sunshine Grill: Best Burgers and food for the price!

by Ailate Written Jun 11, 2010

This restaurant is part of the Sunshine Resorts on 7 mile beach. The food is fantastic and you get a ton of it. The prices are very reasonable. I am talking about 8-10 Cayman dollars for a sandwich and fries/onion rings and the portions and burgers are HUGE! I would suggest this as a place to eat for anyone who enjoys casual dining!

• johnfrompalatineil's Profile Photo

Portofino Wreck View: Italian or Seafood- great decision to make

by johnfrompalatineil Written Jul 25, 2009

On the east end of Grand Cayman Island, about a mile from where we stayed at Morritt's Tortuga, sits a beautiful Italian/Caribbean/Seafood restaurant that I took the lovely Misses out. We loved it! The atmosphere and service were impeccable and the restaurant sits right on the water a few hundred feet from shipwrecks, hence the name. Although, it has been nearly 5 years since eating there, it is one of the more memorable restaurants in Cayman and we will definitely go back there.

• rstary's Profile Photo

Calypso Grill: Dining by the Water!

by rstary Written May 7, 2009

Ask any cabbie in the area where they'd suggest dining and Calypso will be at the top of their list. Excellent seafood by the water. (Get there early enough to see the water-before sunset).

Favorite Dish: The seafood is fantastic but save room for dessert! The sticky toffee pudding was suggested by the cabbie and it was wonderful! The chocolate bread pudding was a close second favorite.

• Diving and Snorkeling

• roozeyk's Profile Photo

Al La kebab: fresh, cheap and yummy!!

by roozeyk Written Jan 15, 2009

Kiosk type stand, serving fast food Mediterranean! Pita Wraps for under 7 bucks, if you are looking for something to hold you over until a bigger dinner, or don't want to do the sit down and wait thing...you just place your order at one window, go to the next window pick it up and you're good to go..can take it back to your hotel or the beach or can sit in their outdoor picnic area.

Favorite Dish: Vegetarian Pita Wrap, Hummus & Pita...fresh tasting with lots of flavor!

• Beaches

Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 6 Reviews
Grand Cayman Beach Suites
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 6 Reviews

Instant Answers: Grand Cayman

Comments

Grand Cayman Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Grand Cayman locals.
Map of Grand Cayman