Places to eat in Cayman Islands

Most Viewed Restaurants in Cayman Islands

• travelman2013's Profile Photo

Rackams Waterfront: Dining by the Ocean delicious food at good prices

by travelman2013 Written Oct 18, 2013

We came to this place a number of times on our tip. Its ideal for the family as its not too expensive and there is a ladder for snorkeling. they have huge tarpon fish and a shipwreck too.
    The restaurant its is a 2 minutes from george town center so most times we stopped by after shopping in the town. The food is mostly grill style and fresh fish. the tuna is to die for, and the kids loved the fish and chips. Most of the restaurant is open and there are palms and greenery dotted about. The staff were very friendly and gave us lots of travel tips.
    We found the best time to go was just before sunset around 6:30 so we could take in the views.

Favorite Dish: I loved the Tuna. its fresh sesame crusted with a good sauce (sorry I'm not such a good food critic lol) but it was good value for money. most places we visited in the Cayman island were pretty expensive.

Rackams snorkeling at rackams
    • Cruise

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

The Breeze: Carribean fusion

by joiwatani Written Oct 3, 2011

This restaurant is located at the second floor of a house right across the main Georgetown Street. There is a statue of a pirate outside and a huge wooden stairway that leads you to the restaurant. The restaurant is breezy- maybe, that's where they got it's name. It has a beautiful view of the ocean and the port in Georgetown.

The restaurant is decorated with seashells, nets on the walls and has a clean-feel of it. The waiters and waitresses are very friendly.

Favorite Dish: I like the fusion of their beans, corn and rice. Their chips are very good with a side dish of spicy salsa.

My husband ordered a mixture of black beans, red beans with chicken on it. On the side of the plate were colorful chips.

My daughter Sierra ordered hamburgers and when she got her order, she was pleasantly surprised as her order came with four small burgers with French fries on the middle of her plate.

My daughter Rainier had fish and chips but her order came with fried fish, spicy chicken wings, baby back rib, and two meatballs with a handful of French fries on the side.

For drinks, my husband ordered his pink lemonade and he was happy about it because they did a great job making it. My children ordered Coke.

I didn't order any food since I was scared of eating out while I am travelling. I had a glass of Coke with ice and took some bites of the French frieds of my daughters.

My husband My daughter Rainier Sierra
    • Beaches

• Rubidia's Profile Photo

Great Food: So Many Options

by Rubidia Written May 4, 2011

For a small Island Grand Cayman has a great selection.

Some of my favs:

Macabuca Bar and Grill - Excellent conch platter
    Morgans Harbour Seafood Restaurant - Great experience
    Vivine's Kitchen - Authentic Caymanian food

And the list goes on!

You can not go hungry on this little Island

Macabuca Bar and Grill Mini Ice Cream at the Sunshine Grill
    • Luxury Travel

• THE LIGHTHOUSE AT BREAKERS: SIMPLY THE BEST

by THUTTOCK Written Oct 3, 2008

Captain G, Chef Reme and the Team ensure that your meal will be one of your favourite memories of Cayman. Surely the best food, wine and service on all of the Islands.

Favorite Dish: Coguille St. Jacques for starters, Rack of Lamb I(with real freshly made mint SAUCE - not jelly) for main course and bennyese for desert...

• diver-x's Profile Photo

Hammerheads: Casual Dining on the Waterfront

by diver-x Written Aug 2, 2008

Hammerheads is right on the harbor in George Town with indoor and outdoor patio seating. The view on the water is great! It's very casual with a kind of sports bar atmosphere. They had 3 of their very own brews on tap when we were there. I had the blueberry brew. The menu is heavy on the appetizers & finger food with the obligatory conch fritters & chowder plus the standard bar fare of chicken wings & quesadillas along with various greens. The dinner entrees range from burgers & ribs to the catch of the day & steak. Dinner for 2 with 3 beers totalled $65 USD (2008 prices).

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed the burger and the blueberry brew. The fries were very good as well.

You might find this on the menu at Hammerheads
    • Beaches

• diver-x's Profile Photo

Cracked Conch By the Sea: Cracked Conch By the Sea

by diver-x Updated Apr 14, 2008

The Cracked Conch restaurant is located in the same building as Sun Divers at Turtle Reef, right next door to the Tortuga Rum shop in West Bay. The dive shop is at ground level and the restaurant is upstairs. We enjoy the convenience of the location and the wonderful ocean view. The atmosphere has changed substantially since our previous visit. Before Ivan, the atmosphere was casual with a pirate-treasure theme, paper menus in plastic sleeves and local ladies waiting tables. Now they are trying to be much more upscale, with leather-bound menus, white table-cloths, very expensive imported mineral water and white-aproned, male, European wait-staff. But they still offer burgers, conch fritters & fries for lunch. The prices have increased geometrically! Jeez, Burt Wolf pays a visit to a place and look what happens! Not that it was bad, but I preferred the place when it was more relaxed and casual. Seems a little pretentious now.

But all is not lost. The outdoor bar that was previously barely used and unnamed, is now called Macabuca, and it's hopping, with a down-to-earth menu and friendly staff. We stopped in for dinner and/or drinks a few times and were very pleased.

Favorite Dish: The restaurant serves turtle meat and of course, conch. We don't eat seafood, but we tried the conch fritters and they weren't bad, especially with the spicy sauce. I thought my burger and fries were pretty yummy. Sadly, cole slaw is no longer on the menu, which I recall was nearly as yummy as my Mom's. I give the restaurant an overall B+.

At Macabuca, I enjoyed the chicken quesadilla & the nachos.

View from the entrance

• Seaside Lunch

by mellawella Written Feb 27, 2008

If you're arriving by ship like I did , there are plenty of shops and restaurants within walking distance along the main street that lines the waterfront. There is fare for every appetite. From sit down restaurants to quick fixins. The waterfront views from any outdoor or window seat from most shoreline restaurants is magnificent and well worth any price spend for your plate.

• starship's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe - Grand Cayman: Hard Rock Cafe ~ They're Everywhere!

by starship Updated Feb 27, 2008

Favorite Dish: I enjoy a good ol' American Hamburger now and then even when traveling abroad and if you're craving one too, stop here! The food is not gourmet, but tasty and substantial. The Hard Rock's menu is fairly consistent throughout its many locations around the world. There are always a number of tasty Appetizers, Salads, and Entrees and the portions are a good size.

The decor, although varying from place to place, is centrally focused on the music industry and its stars. All types of memorabilia from famous people are displayed such as signed guitars, photos, clothes, personal items, posters and even records. It's very interesting and makes for a great back drop while you're eating and don't forget there's always music playing.

Service is not what I'd call good, but it was acceptable. Then again, I didn't find too many people in Grand Cayman that were overly friendly, but they were pleasant enough.

Many tourists come to the Hard Rock Cafe just to purchase souvenir T-shirts, etc., to let others know that they've been to Grand Cayman. There were alot of customers near the cash register causing a sort of traffic jam in the entrance area which was a little annoying. But since I collect Hark Rock Cafe pins I was one of the people adding to the jam; but, we opted for lunch and then I bought the pin!!

All in all, the food is standardly very good, portions are more than enough for one person and you can enjoy a fun atmosphere at Hard Rock. If you have a AAA card (American Automobile Association), you can receive a discount of about 10% on both your meal and merchandise purchases!

Hard Rock Cafe ~ Grand Cayman Island

• american_tourister's Profile Photo

Breezes by the Bay: Relax until you get the check

by american_tourister Written Aug 25, 2007

After a hot day of chasing Stingrays and wanting to relax before we headed back to the crsuise ship we decided to try this place. We chose outside seating facing the water and it was a good choice. being that I ahd been in Kuwait and my family in Texas the temperature in the high 80s did not affect us at all like it did some other tourists.

Greta location, great menu, island speed service (slow as to be expected) but way expensive. Lunch the day before in Jamaica for 7 of us was $85.00 US. This was $143.00 US for three of us!

Favorite Dish: The Conch Gazpacho. We had jerk pork aand conch fritters also but the Gazpacho was just a treat. Rich and smooth without being a tomoato puree. Lots of flavors and copious amounts of Conch made this a dish to remember.

• Courtney5882's Profile Photo

Lone Star Bar & Grill: Lone Star in the Islands

by Courtney5882 Written Feb 17, 2006

Lone Star Bar & Grill is owned by Texans. They serve a wide variety of Texas Southern homecooking as well as Mexican dishes with a seafood flair. Be sure to stop in and enjoy the decor. Feel free to bring a t-shirt for them to hang on the wall or ceiling. Be sure to arrive early because it gets crowded fast.

Favorite Dish: Mexadillas.

• Courtney5882's Profile Photo

Rackems: Dining with Fish

by Courtney5882 Updated Feb 17, 2006

This is a great little restaurant right on the beach. Enjoy your meal served on the pier. They serve everything from cheeseburgers to seafood. Once you have enjoyed your meal stroll over to the edge of the pier and feed the Tarpon.

Favorite Dish: I don't think you can go wrong with anything you choose here. Don't expect anything fancy though.

• Moxie1's Profile Photo

Jolly Roger pirate cruise: Pirate ship criuse with dinner

by Moxie1 Updated Jan 8, 2005

Onboard a real galleon, Pirate ship. Comes with dinner, and all the free rum drinks you can handle. Beautiful sunset trip. The food wasn't very good, served on paperplates and a napkin stapled to your plate (so it wouldn't blow away) LOL! They have 2 menus beef or seafood. Dessert.... Tortuga Rum cake with whipcream. It was pricey $125.00 for 2 people. The cruise was about 2 hours. No tables just seats and you are holding a paper plate and a rum drink. The ship was fun, and fast. Watching the schools of fish follow the boat after they scrapped the uneaten food into the water. The boat ride and the drinks were worth it, but the food was not very good.

Jolly Roger Dinner criuse
    • Cruise

• poidda's Profile Photo

Over the Edge: Great local food with friendly owners.

by poidda Written Oct 12, 2004

This is our favourite reasurant ont he island. It has all the charm of a caribbean getwaay and you feel like you are away from it all.

The photo is from it's sister reasturant called "The Edge", but was unfortunately completely destroyed by IVAN. Nothing but foundations are left. :(

Favorite Dish: Cayman Style Fish

• Bed: Trendy

by theresa474 Written Sep 21, 2003

This restaurant has excellent service! When you walk in, there are two sides to the restauraunt. On the right is a lounge/bar, on the left is the restaurant where the tables are made private with velves curtains, like a bedroom. It was a really cool place, and the food was awesome! I just wish that we had found the place when we got there so we could have gone back more than once.

Favorite Dish: The brie appetizer!

• bluewilldo's Profile Photo

Deckers: Convenience and Quality

by bluewilldo Written Jul 29, 2003

The inspiration for this restaurant was an authentic Double Decker bus. Out front they even have a bright red telephone booth.
    During the night local bands play and their music can be heard throughout the dinning areas. It is conveniently located on Seven Mile Beach with in walking distance of most major hotels.

Favorite Dish: Each course I went through amazed me. I kept expecting to wake up from a wondrous dream at any point. For an appetizer we had Asian Chicken Potsticker with a Wasabi Spiced Soya Sauce followed by Lobster Bisque and my main course was the Mahi Mahi in Island Sweet Potato Crust (which was cooked to perfection... you know, the crumble onto your fork and melt in your mouth kind.).

Cayman Islands Hotels

• Turtle Nest Inn

On the beach at Bodden Town, 1 bedroom, living room, kitchen with rental car costs about 60% of a...

• Northern Lights Condos

553 Old Robin Road Queens Hwy, North Side, , Grand Cayman, Caribbean

Satisfaction: Excellent

Good for: Couples

• Brac Reef Beach

Just returned from Cayman Brac on 3/2/09. Debris and destruction from November 2008 hurricane at...

Top Cayman Islands Hotels

See nearby hotels
Cayman Brac Hotels
7 Reviews - 11 Photos

Instant Answers: Cayman Islands

Comments

Cayman Islands Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Cayman Islands restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cayman Islands sightseeing.
Map of Cayman Islands