Places to eat in Cayman Islands

Most Viewed Restaurants in Cayman Islands

• bluewilldo's Profile Photo

The Lighthouse: The Lighthouse

by bluewilldo Updated Jul 29, 2003

This is a marvelous restaurant is right on the waters edge (yes it really is a lighthouse) with an extensive selection of wine and delicious Italian food with a Caribbean twist.

Favorite Dish: That's difficult, almost everything is good, but I'm partial to the gnocchi... And they have great deserts.
    As for wine, I was raised on reds and the Lighthouse has my favourite... 1998 Caymus. In fact, there are very few wines that this restaurant doesn't have. If you can't make up your mind simply walk into the wine cellar and play 'innie-mennie-minnie-mo'.

• Wine Tasting

• paulapes's Profile Photo

The Edge: Green Sea Turtle? Yum!

by paulapes Updated Jul 11, 2003

The Edge in Bodentown was also very good....located on the water on the main road through Bodentown.
    One of the local favorites and right on the water.

Favorite Dish: Mine was green sea turtle! It was spicey, but very good. And the rum punch was great too.

• paulapes's Profile Photo

My favorite was the Lobster...

by paulapes Updated Jul 11, 2003

My favorite was the Lobster Pot, on the main road in Georgetown.
    The dining room is at the back of the building, facing the ocean. While we were there, the sun was setting and it was gorgeous. We also watched as a school of small sharks circled below us, as the restaurant abuts the water.

UPDATE: I have been told recently that the Lobster Pot is no longer there---that's too bad, I think it was a good place to eat.

Favorite Dish: The food was great. I had fish (what else?) and for dessert I had the rum cake, which was marvelous!

• Water Sports
    • Beaches

• Hemingways: Wonderful creative cuisine

by xcheckers Written Jul 8, 2003

Right on 7 mile beach. at the Hyatt. Excellent service and terrific food. You can even have a business meeting here and some people did.

Seafood, meats, poultry or pasta... they did it all well here. Unusal combinations and wonderful flavors combined with an impressive setting and terrific service make this an all around winner.

Favorite Dish: I loved the seafood pasta. There was a lot of seafood and a delightfully delicate sauce. The pasta was top notch and fresh, cooked perfectly al dente.

Every dish we had was great. We ate most lunches here as it was very convenient to the beach (and very reasonable for lunch) and a few dinners because it was so good.

• Casanova: Surprisingly Amazing Italian

by xcheckers Written Jul 8, 2003

Wonderful casual Italian trattoria at the water's edge in Georgetown.

Feel of Italy in tropical paradise. Family friendly but service can be rushed.

Favorite Dish: Everything we had was terrific. Our son loved the Bocconcino appetizer (mozzarella with red sauce over fried polenta). The red sauces were fabulous.

• Champion House: Try local food-eat well and save money

by caymancic Written Jul 5, 2003

Good local food all the time. First place I stop off after getting out of plane. Who can eat airline food. Also try the local roadside stands. These are run by people who take pride in their cooking. Served to you as if you are family. Jerk chicken or pork. Try the caboose on Boggy Sand road on Fri/Sat nights. Fish tea and fresh fish. THE BEST

Ask the people that live on the island-they know good food. Yes there is Burger King, KFC, Wendys and Pizza Hut but you have flown how many mile? Be gutsy. Some of it is very spicy-but cooked fresh and clean.

Favorite Dish: Cowfoot and Beans but I am Caymanized. Try the Saltfish and Ackee-which is the national dish of Jamaica. Fresh Dolphin(not Flipper) and breadfruit with cooked green bananas. Have a Cayman sunset and the best is yet to come.

• Zoo

• eliowny's Profile Photo

The Crow's Nest: "Real" Cayman Style Food

by eliowny Written Jul 4, 2003

This used to be a cozy, local place down at the south end of the island. Not sure what its like now! I remember they had the best white chocolate mousse (though I guess that's not so Cayman-style) in the world. Their menu also used to change alot, but they always had great fish ... no guarentees now though!

Don't miss the talking, drinking crows!

• eliowny's Profile Photo

Lone Star Bar and Grill: Great Tex Mex

by eliowny Written Jul 4, 2003

The Fajitas used to be outstanding here -- the only place I've ever been where the *carrots* were spicy! And the best part was that some days of the week, it was all you could eat (although I seem to remember the waiters got a little reluctant/suspicious after my mum and I polished off our 3rd platter). My father and sister always got hamburgers which they also claimed were good.
    Couldn't have been as good as the fajitas though!
    Used to have tee-shirts decorating the ceiling and occasionally long lines to get in ...

Mmm.. cartoon tacos!

• seagoingJLW's Profile Photo

The Edge: Cuisine

by seagoingJLW Updated Sep 29, 2002

Check your bill since gratuities are sometimes added and sometimes not.

Favorite Dish: Cayman food is predominantly seafood. Fish is generally sauteed with tomato, onion, pepper and piquant seasoning. Conch is available as chowder, fritters, marinated, etc.

The Edge

• diver-x's Profile Photo

When we ate out, it was...

by diver-x Written Sep 8, 2002

When we ate out, it was usually fast food: Wendy's, KFC, Pizza Hut. . . Expect to pay about 25% more than what you pay at home. My favorite place to eat was around the BBQ grill back at the condo we were staying in!

• jake22's Profile Photo

BIRD OF PARADISE RESTAURANT,...

by jake22 Written Sep 7, 2002

BIRD OF PARADISE RESTAURANT, FEATURING FOUR ENTREES WITH SEVERAL FRUITS AND VEGGIES AND SINFUL DESSERTS.
    THERE IS LITTLE COMPARISON, SINCE THE ONLY OTHER PLACE WE ATE WAS AT THE AIRPORT RESTAURANT ON GRAND CAYMAN. THE BIRD OF PARADISE WAS SUPER, BOTH THE FOOD AND THE STAFF. THE WHOLE CREW AVERAGED A 5 POUND WEIGHT GAIN, EVEN WITH THE EXERCISE FROM DIVING.
    THE TRIP WAS WORTH THE PRICE.

Favorite Dish: BROILED LOBSTER COOKD JUST RIGHT WITH LOTS OF BUTTER.

• JennyA's Profile Photo

There are many to choose from....

by JennyA Written Aug 26, 2002

There are many to choose from. The cuisine in Cayman is amazing. Fresh fish, you can't go wrong. I will just list a few:
    1. Bed Restaurant and Lounge - the servers wear satin p.j's to work.
    2. Calypso Grill - in Morgans Harbour. You can watch the moon rise.
    3. Cimboco - a local fav.
    4. La Bodega - spanish.
    5. Treehouse - very casual
    6. Bamboo - located in The Hyatt. Japanese. Amazing sashimi and sushi.
    7. Chicken! Chicken! Same owners as Cimboco. Very tasty and cheap too!
    8. Ragazzi - Itailan. Great thin crust pizza.

• joshua8400's Profile Photo

The Wharf: The Wharf

by joshua8400 Written Aug 26, 2002

The hospitality and professionalism was superb. The view was also great. You sit right on the edge of the beach!

Favorite Dish: The best entree was the Sea Bass. One of the main staples on the island is fish, but this was absolutley perfect.

• jzeidman's Profile Photo

Grand Old House is superb. We...

by jzeidman Updated Aug 26, 2002

Grand Old House is superb. We went there for my birthday dinner and had a romantic evening on their ocean front patio complete with champagne and delicious dessert. Pricey, but worth it. Again, outstanding.
    Has a lit dock with famous Tarpon to feed. Ocean crashes quietly against rocks beneath patio. Romantic and lovely. Good service.

Favorite Dish: The seared tuna was wonderful as was the filet mignon. Veuve Cliquot served chilled was lovely. Chocolate mousse dessert was divine. Everything looked wonderful. Presentation very nice.

• Well, I always like to go to...

by beth122078 Written Aug 26, 2002

Well, I always like to go to Hard Rock Cafe restaurants and we went in there to look around but the wait was too long. When there are two ships stopped at the same port restaurants are kinda busy. I recommend trying one of the local places. We were so hungry we didn't want to wait to be seated so we ate at the Burger King right on the water.
    Just so you know they took US dollars but gave back loose change in Caymens.

Cayman Islands Hotels

• Turtle Nest Inn

On the beach at Bodden Town, 1 bedroom, living room, kitchen with rental car costs about 60% of a...

• Northern Lights Condos

553 Old Robin Road Queens Hwy, North Side, , Grand Cayman, Caribbean

Satisfaction: Excellent

Good for: Couples

• Brac Reef Beach

Just returned from Cayman Brac on 3/2/09. Debris and destruction from November 2008 hurricane at...

Top Cayman Islands Hotels

See nearby hotels
Cayman Brac Hotels
7 Reviews - 11 Photos

Instant Answers: Cayman Islands

Comments

Cayman Islands Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Cayman Islands restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cayman Islands sightseeing.
Map of Cayman Islands