Fortuna Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Fortuna

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Rancho La Cascada: Thin crust pizza, yum!

by blueskyjohn Updated Jan 25, 2015

A nice open air restaurant across from the park in the town center. Seated right away with menus. Fast service by Costa Rican standards. I ordered the pizza that had pepperoni, ham and meat sauce. It was excellent. MIT was a personal size pie so I was able to eat the entire pie.

I also order a small dish of fried pork that was not very good. It came with fries but the pork was so dry it was inedible. Probably would not eat here again as there are many other options in La Fortuna.

• Jungle and Rain Forest

Nanko: expensive for lunch

by blueskyjohn Updated Jan 25, 2015

This place offers typical Costa Rican food. Nothing special jumped out as far as the menu. This is the former location of Plato De Chancho. Great decor now, but the food is not as good. They actually still had the same wait staff though.

I had a chicken burrito. This came with four pieces of fried Yucca. A rather sparse looking plate. I asked for lime which helped liven up the plate.

Would not eat here again. Just average food.

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Rain Forest Cafe and Restaurant: Good food and awesome desserts!

by blueskyjohn Updated Jan 25, 2015

This is my new favorite place to eat in La Fortuna. It is a small place with less than 10 tables. It is best to make a reservation. It is a very casual place. We almost did not eat here as the focus on some reviews seem to be geared towards a coffee and dessert shop. It is much more with a full menu of breakfast, lunch and dinner items.

For starters, I had a side of Guacamole and chips. This was excellent! I also ordered a banana milkshake. this was also very good. Onto the main course which was just a chicken burrito. It came with a salad. Again, very tasty although a bit smaller than I expected.

For dessert I had a chocolate brownie, heated with vanilla ice cream on top. This was the highlight of the meal. An all around great dining experience.

Hours: everyday from 7:00am to 10:00pm

This Rain Forest Cafe has no association with the American franchise by the same name.

Favorite Dish: The chocolate brownie and ice cream!

• Jungle and Rain Forest

• Nene's Restaurant: Great Food

by aliang9 Written Jun 5, 2003

The staff were very nice. The ceviche is the best I had in Costa Rica. Very affordable as well. The fish cassado was very good. I don't remember the exact address, but if you ask any local cab driver and they will know.

Favorite Dish: Ceviche and cassado.

• SumTingWong's Profile Photo

Buffet Restaurant at the Arenal Hot Spring: Buffet at the Arenal Hot Spring

by SumTingWong Written May 19, 2003

This Costa Rican / Western buffet restaurant has some excellent food. It is cheap and all you can eat. The quality of the food, bith the Costa Rican food and the western food was excellent. I went back for more three times, and I normally don't eat that much, very good, well reccomended. You should definately take a night to go here, eat, take a swim in the hot spring's naturally heated pools, and have a drink. Nice night in Fortuna.

Volcano Arenal

• BLewJay's Profile Photo

Las Ventanas: Room with a view

by BLewJay Updated Apr 5, 2013

This trip to Costa Rica was the culmination of my surprise 50th birthday. Part of that surprise was dinner at fabulous Las Ventanas (The Windows), located at The Springs Resort and Spa, with a view of Volcán Arenal. This is truly a first class facility and they really make you feel welcomed and part of the family. Our reservations were at night, so didn't get to see the volcano but the experience we had there (service, food, recommendations, etc.) make us want to return as soon as possible.

Favorite Dish: As soon as we were seated, we ordered our drinks...the Laughing Toucan for LJ and the Bushwalker for myself. Next up, dinner. We started off with the Wild Mushroom Bruschetta Appetizer (Caramelized Leeks, Pancetta, Rosemary and a Sherry Cream Sauce served on Crostini). For dinner, LJ had the Blackened Mahi Mahi Entrée (with a Jalapeño Beurre Blanc sauce and served with Pearl Potatoes and Sautéed Vegetables) while I had the Bleu Cheese Ribeye Entrée (Certified Angus Choice Rib Eye with a Bleu Cheese Compound Butter served with Potato Au Gratin, Green Beans and Oregano Oil). To end the evening, we selected the Caramelized Apple Dessert (a very delicate combination with a Confit Sweet Potato Quenelle, Basil Sorbet, Cream of Flan and Mixed Candied Nuts) and Caffè Corretto.

• Spa and Resort

• LadyXoc's Profile Photo

Just Good Food: New local 'Soda'

by LadyXoc Written Dec 13, 2011

Just Good Food. Another inexpensive place to eat. Featuring the local dish, Casado, of course. I had a decent meal for $3 American. It included rice, beans, choice of meat or veggie for vegetarians, some plantain, salad, and either tea or juice. I got my money's worth. And there was a talking/singing deer! Ha. Also some locals were playing guitars. I did have better food at another Soda but this was good. And there were other things on the menu.
    I notice that the flyer I have says free delivery.

Favorite Dish: I had the chicken Casado

• BLewJay's Profile Photo

Ginger Sushi: Yum, Yum Sushi

by BLewJay Updated Apr 12, 2013

After a very busy but exciting day of fun, we decided to head back to The Springs Resort & Spa and utilize our The Hot Springs Two Day Pass. After spending a couple hours in the mineral hot springs, we decided to get something to eat. Asked for recommendations and was told that we should try the food upstairs at Ginger Sushi. Great choice as the sushi was very fresh, very tasty and of course the service was very good.

Favorite Dish: LJ ordered the Arenal Roll (spicy tuna, mango and cucumber covered with tuna) while I had the Monkey Roll (filled with fried soft shell crab, lettuce and cucumber covered with masago and sesame seeds and served with Mentiako Sauce). Simply amazing and a delight from beginning to end...could have ordered the entire menu!!!

• Beer Tasting

• Pieter11's Profile Photo

???: Junkfood in a food factory

by Pieter11 Written May 8, 2008

Directly opposite the busstop in La Fortuna you find one of the cheapest places to have dinner in town. I don't remember the name of this place, but it is easily recognisible because it is big and it has bright yellow lights all over the front of the restaurant.

The food you can get here is cheap and pretty simple. From hamburgers and french fries to a typical rice and beans place and a huge tortilla. For a tortilla that is big enough to serve as a decent dinner you pay about 4 dollars and a plate of fries is another 1 dollar.

In the morning this place is also opened as soon as the first busses start driving. Then it is very useful to buy yourself a quick breakfast and a hot coffee.

You don't have to pay to the waiters but at the -secured- counter in the front of the restaurant. This is maybe a good indication of how the service-level is here; pretty poor. The waiters to what they have to do, but it is clearly visible when your questions are not appreciated... :(

• BEETLE_VERTE's Profile Photo

El parada: More Soda!

by BEETLE_VERTE Written Feb 7, 2005

This soda was little more touristic than the El Rio, always more crowded. You have a great view on the central place and all that's going on in town! Always the local meals, but also amazing pizza and weird burger (topped with a slice of ham) and not so good fries. But since I didn't ate them, they didn't charged me for it!

Favorite Dish: Pizza were pretty good. A nice change from the rice and beans too!

Casado

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Lava Rocks: Nice Lunch Spot

by easterntrekker Written Apr 4, 2007

We stopped here for a sandwich at lunch and it was very good and big serving . Its a nice place to stop for a break , very friendly service and open air for the most part so good for people watching.

• Singles

• El Rancho: Sports Bar - Restaurant

by Srechko Written Dec 1, 2003

This restaurant is a must for soccer fans. When we were there they were showing Costa Rica - Finland friendly game on a big screen. Food is good and portions are big.

Favorite Dish: Sea Food and ceviche.

El Rancho

Instant Answers: Fortuna

Comments

Fortuna Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Fortuna restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Fortuna sightseeing.