San José Things to Do

Most Recent Things to Do in San José

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Check Out San Jose Central Market

by GracesTrips Updated Jan 10, 2015

Most major cities have a "central market" and San Jose has a popular one. It's amazing what is sold inside this place. However, I am most intrigued with the food. You can see more pics on my travelogue.

Selling lottery tickets

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Check Out the Hard Rock Cafe

by GracesTrips Updated Jan 10, 2015

I'm not a fan of dining at the Hard Rock Café but I do collect pins and shirts. Hard Rock Café can be found at many major cities all over the world. This makes it a challenge for me to find them and collect pins and shirts. I have many of them as you can see from my collection. This one is not in the heart of town so I plan to visit it before turning our car rental in. It wasn't open yet at 11am in the morning but the staff was kind enough to let me shop anyway.

• Jase1177's Profile Photo

Teatro Nacional - Beautiful Little Theatre

by Jase1177 Written Oct 3, 2005

If you are in San Jose for at least a few hours, you are bound and should go to see the Teatro Nacional in the center of downtown (I walked around downtown for about 5 hours the night before I was to fly out). Built in 1897, it attempts to be reminiscent of the ornate grand opera houses of Europe. For such a small and modest country, the Teatro Nacional offers a pretty good national theatrical center. It has a very beautiful interior of marble and gold. I thought the lobby outshined the rest of the interior. It overflowed with beautiful dark & light marble including the walls, floors, and columns. Inside the actual theatre, the tropical wood floors are quite rich and beautiful. When going up the stairs, make sure you look up at the ceiling to gaze at the large murals depicting Costa Rican life at the time of completion. This is very worthy of the money and time.

Cost: $3 (1,450 Colones at the time)

Teatro Nacional Theatre Interior
    • Architecture
    • Theater Travel

• sery's Profile Photo

A great Experience

by sery Written Jan 1, 2004

San Jose` has a variety of things to see and do and experience. I of course didn't get to do them all, but I enjoyed the food, the culture, the night life and of course the shopping. The restaurant where I showed pics of the food was excellent, as was the one on the mountain, although that was quite a trip to get up to and also a little more expensive.

one of the restaurants

Instant Answers: San José

Comments

San José Things to Do

Reviews and photos of San José things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for San José sightseeing.