Orosí Favorites

Best Rated Favorites in Orosí

• pink banananananananas

by arasnosliw Updated Mar 31, 2006

don't eat these

Fondest memory: Shohman asked me why you shouldn't eat the pink bananas, and I told him it is because he would die a slow and very painful death. Okay, just kidding, I am mean.

Really, the answer is simple. These pink bananas are chock-full of seeds. There's no sweet meat to them at all.

• big vats of oil aren't so healthy

crawling to its death

Fondest memory: I went hiking up this mountain, and when I tried to descend I fell down and went boom.
    Not a very pretty sight, as it began to rain and I was stuck on top of a mountain alone. Okay not wise, but it wasn't a very tall mountain and I could see my house. That's my excuse.

Anyway, I slid a very long way down until I could catch myself, and let me tell you - I definitely caught myself - on a stick that is. This huge stick jammed up into my leg, near my Achilles tendon. It was not a pleasant sight. So I crawled over to this little thatched roof shelter to evade the heavy raindrops and extract this honkering thing out of my leg.

It was a gushing sight, and I became very lightheaded soon thereafter. When I looked up, all I could see were these caterpillars crawling along the rim of a vat of oil, soon thereafter plunging to their sticky deaths. I thought I was hallucinating, but my camera has the proof.

• eat some real cocoa fruit

edible, yes

Fondest memory: Have you ever had the pleasure to taste fresh cocoa fruit?

Yes, this is the same cocoa that they derive chocolate from. In fruit form, you can pick one right off the tree, chop it in half, and suck the white pulp off the seeds.

It's a very distinct, sweet flavor that I can't quite describe. Not related to the taste of chocolate at all.
    They derive chocolate from inside the seeds, and I must warn you now not to bite into the seeds as the taste is very bitter. It's like taking a mouthful of unsweetened baking cocoa. Hey, if you're into the taste of that, be my guest and eat the seeds. Otherwise, stick to the pulp.

• butterfly, flutterby.

beautiful mariposa

Fondest memory: I was truly in awe of all the beautiful, diverse, and colorful butterflies that I encountered in Orosi. There was such a variety of species flying about everywhere and landing on all the trees. You have to be observant and particularly patient to try to photograph one, so this is the best I could do with little warning.

• i want to be 3 again

by arasnosliw Updated Mar 31, 2006

play field

Fondest memory: I stayed next door to a pretty small playground. I enjoyed walking by and watching the local children having fun, enjoying life, and screaming their obnoxious little heads off.

Some day, some day, I'll have children. Please just remind me to stock up on the tranquilizers first.

Instant Answers: Orosí

Comments

Orosí Favorites

Reviews and photos of Orosí favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Orosí sightseeing.