Turrialba Things to Do

• I don't know, it's easier to see when you're there
    I don't know, it's easier to see when...
    by mrotsmit
  • Talk about a
    Talk about a "bad hair day"
    by mrotsmit
    Snowcap Hummingbird
    by kyoub

Best Rated Things to Do in Turrialba

Birdwatching

Snowcap Hummingbird

More than 345 birds have been seen within 2 miles of the lodge.
    Four main trails are on this ranch. They are well maintained and not difficult to walk. You will find shelters and benches along the way.
    The guides are very helpful and knowledgeable.
    My favorite humminbird was the tiny snowcap.
    I am sorry to say that I did not take this picture.

• Birdwatching

• peggydaly's Profile Photo

Rafting the Pacquare - Tico's River Co

by peggydaly Written Apr 25, 2006

Ok - This ROCKED. About 3-4 class Vs and a few more class IVs. Even one of my fellow travelers that is not a big water fan loved this. We were served a great lunch on the river.

Definitely go with Roberto at Tico's River Outfitters. They had a guy come along with a camera in a kayak and we got awesome pics on CD (mailed to us later). Roberto is a top-notch guide and knows the river so well!

• mrotsmit's Profile Photo

Into the volcano

by mrotsmit Updated May 20, 2007
    Talk about a

You could walk, the two Swiss guys did, but you shoulda seen the sunburn they got. No, I'm afraid you're gonna have to ride the horse, do you know the difference between an English saddle and an American saddle? Unfortunately, I do - talk about excruciating - somewhere down there is about a 2 centimeter area that doesn't hurt too bad - how many times do you think I actually managed to find that spot while my horse was galloping along wildly? By the time we reached the volcano I was virtually crippled but somehow managed to hobble down to the rim of the smoking, blurbling volcano - very other-worldly and very wet (in the clouds). Yeah, in spite of the pain, you will want to do this (maybe my ass is too bony?)

• mrotsmit's Profile Photo

Hike cloud forest

by mrotsmit Updated May 20, 2007
    Is that a dinosaur over there? Right behind that..

After the "English saddle" I looked forward to good, old-fashioned walking. The guide (from the lodge) will take you down the country roads into the cloud forest which is kind-of a jungle in the mountains. It's dark and ancient looking, ooooh... saw a coati and a quetzal on the way too.

Hang out on the balcony

balcony

There is a balcony the full length of the lodge.
    From there you can birdwatch, look at the beautiful flowers, watch them plant crops on the hillsides with a mule, or just rock.

• Adventure Travel

Horseback riding

Horse grazing

After a morning of walking the trails you may want to go for a horseback ride.
    Horses are available here.

• Horse Riding

Instant Answers: Turrialba

Comments

Turrialba Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Turrialba things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Turrialba sightseeing.