Sports Events in Provincia de Guanacaste

• Sports & Outdoors
    by blueskyjohn
  • There is a gate to the parking are on the left
    There is a gate to the parking are on...
    by blueskyjohn
  • Pablo giving instruction to a member of our group
    Pablo giving instruction to a member of...

Most Viewed Sports & Outdoors in Provincia de Guanacaste

• Canadian_Traveler's Profile Photo

Zip Lining at Borinquen - Rincon de la Vieja

by Canadian_Traveler Updated Apr 28, 2005

From what I understand (and I believe it!), this is one of the 'wildest' canopy / zip lines in all of Costa Rica. I'm ashamed to admit, but I did back out of this. I was harnessed, clipped to the line and ready to go and backed out because of fear. This zip line is hundreds of feet above the bottom of a very deep canyon (not your typical 'canopy' tour since you're really not gliding over trees) and zips back and forth across it several times.

The thing that scared me the most is when our guide told us my options if I were to brake too hard and get stuck in the middle. (Get stuck in the middle?!?! The line was so long you could barely see to the other side!). The thought of being stranded hundreds of feet above a canyon floor and a couple hundred from the other side freaked me out when my options were to push myself hand over hand to the other end or wait until someone came to get me!

Well, I shouldn't scare you too much. My husband was the brave one and actually took the plunge. He loved it and said it was no where near as scary as it looked. I'm still a bit jealous that I didn't do it and am a little embarrassed of how scared I was. It really must be a great experience...wish I knew for sure!

Equipment: Bring comfy shoes / hiking boots and you'll be provided with the rest. If you chicken out you'll end up riding one of the horses back down like I did...which was still a pretty fun experience.

• Adventure Travel

Santa Ana Hotels
2 Hotels
San Juanillo Hotels

Instant Answers: Provincia de Guanacaste

Comments

Provincia de Guanacaste Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Provincia de Guanacaste sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Provincia de Guanacaste sightseeing.
Map of Provincia de Guanacaste