Tamarindo Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Tamarindo

• Falafel Bar - tamarindo: Dont miss the Israeli food

by kerenponi123 Written Mar 22, 2014

Me ans my family invite who ever is in tamarindo to experience a real Mediterranean /Israeli real food !! we cook all the traditional food everything from scratch and fresh every day even the pitas we bake ourselves we serve humus , falafel, kabab, babaganush, shawarma, chopped salad, and much more
    this is a really good place for veterinarians and gluten free( if you give up the pita)
    worth a visit !! this place is for TASTES TO SHARE MOMENTS TO REMEMBER....
    Hope to see you soon , keren

• Surfing
    • School Holidays

• Langosta Beach Club: Looks great but they're so RUDE!

by b_in_vt Written Mar 27, 2012

The Langosta Beach Club in Tamarindo has a bright cheerful sign on the beach advertising “Beach Bistro!” “Pool!” “Happy Hour!”
    It looked great, so we went inside and ordered a delicious poolside dinner, served by friendly, attentive French chefs. It was an expensive but lovely meal in a beautiful setting looking out over Tamarindo Beach.
    BUT…
    Having had such a good time, we came back to the Langosta Beach Club a couple of days later with our beach towels and bathing suits, intending to order a tasty lunch and plenty of alcohol-free fruity drinks and take a refreshing dip after our meal.
    We came, located a shady spot to sit, and went to the bar and ordered our lunch. We asked the nice French guys if they wanted us to eat at the bar or if we could have it brought over to where we were sitting. They said they’d be happy to bring it to our seats, but then a woman who had been sitting at the bar wearing a bathing suit and towel – whom I’d taken as another patron but who must be one of the managers of the Langosta Beach Club – came over and told us that our seats were “reserved for members” and so was the pool. If we wanted to sit at a members’ table or use the pool we’d have to pay for a $25 Langosta Beach Club day pass, thank you very much. Otherwise, we were limited to certain tables – all of which, I might add, were baking in the midday sun.
    We’re pretty easy-going, but the whole thing really got our backs up. The policy was fine – we wouldn’t have minded paying for the day pass, had we known about it in advance – but the signs luring us in explicitly mentioned the pool as an amenity (“Langosta Beach Club! Restaurant! Pool!”) and never said a thing about the membership fee. Nor was anything mentioned in the menu or posted anywhere in the seating area. There was no “reserved” sign on the table we chose – it looked like it was fine to sit anywhere. It was quite a small seating area overall and certainly nothing about the layout suggested that some areas were all right and some were “off limits”.
    We believed that were fairly paying for a nice lunch and swim at the Langosta Beach Club, but instead – after having already ordered the expensive lunch – we were made to feel like interlopers for wanting to sit at a table in the shade and eat our food. The unpleasant, sourpuss expression on the woman’s face as she told us where we could and could not sit – like we were something nasty – made it feel all the more rude, too.
    So, I’d skip the Langosta Beach Club if I were you.

Favorite Dish: The food I had was great - a tomato/avocado/mozzarella salad to die for. Maybe the nice French guys who run the restaurant will set up shop in a friendlier venue - I hope so!

• Restaurant Las Brasas: The best Steakhouse and Pasta in Tamarindo

by tulumix70 Written Jan 2, 2012

I spend the Christmas with my family in Tamarindo and we descovered a new restaurant Las Brasas, it's a rustic style whit wood-grill in a natural enviroments.

They have a lot of cut of meat and chiken, the chef is Italian and his Pasta is fantastic.

We hate here some time,becouse the meat is good and the pasta is perfet, with all Italian ingredients.

The staff and friendly and courteous, good service, you agree to all of you feel satisfied, you can enjod your dinner with your family in relax and a familiar ambient.

I recommend Las Brasas for the good food and where you can feel at home.

Favorite Dish: Of course the Fiorentina is incredible, T-Bon of 46oz. and you can finish to cook it in your table on the hot stone, it's seasoned with Parmesan and Arugola and is served with grilled vegetable and a ”Baked Potato” more Bruschetta.

On the table you have olive-oil, chimicurry, garlic-butter, fresh Italian bread and all is perfect for finish your meat. in the meantime your beef cooking taste the vegetable, are tostead on the grill and it's delicius.

• Eco-Tourism

• Canadian_Traveler's Profile Photo

Restaurant Laguna del Cocodrilo: Best Food in Tamarindo!

by Canadian_Traveler Updated Apr 4, 2011

open air garden setting

This restaurant is located in the Laguna del Cocodrilo hotel. The setting is in an open air garden lit mostly by candles. It's incredibly romantic but the music makes it fairly lively as well. The real treat here though, is the food. You will not be disappointed.

My husband and I had two main dishes, an appetizer to share, a bottle of wine and coffees after dinner and our bill came to ~$60, not cheap by Costa Rican standards but definitely worth the splurge. The service is top notch.

Favorite Dish: We actually ate here two nights in a row (and I usually like to experiment) because it was just that good. The first night we had the beef tenderloin and the mahi mahi and the second night we tried the jumbo coconut shrimp and the seared tuna. All the dishes were fantastic.

You must try the Caipirinha Gold (made with strawberries instead of lime...so yummy!)

• Canadian_Traveler's Profile Photo

Panaderia de Paris (at Hotel Laguna del Cocodrilo): Fresh Baked Goodies!

by Canadian_Traveler Updated Apr 4, 2011

A simple, little French bakery on the main street in Tamarindo with fabulous chocolate croissants and various other fresh baked goods (crescent rolls, breads, cookies, pastries)that will make you believe you're in a Parisian Bakery.

Favorite Dish: The chocolate croissants are delicious! But come early...they go quick!

• Nubbana Tamarindo Costa Rica: Disappointing

by garypersia Written Jan 16, 2010

We are in CR for a month, and the first time we went to Nibanna it was fine, I had the chicken marsella we went again last night and it was not good- one in our party had the steak
    and they loved it, I had the chicken marsella again and it was a deboned thigh, I think for the prices they are charging, and chicken isnot expensive in CR this was a bad decision on their part, it wasnot cookede enough and I do not like thigh and if they had specified this on the menul I would not have ordered it

I told the waitress I did not like it and I did not hear from the owner who was v ery visib le-
    this is poor PR
    I had the coconut pie, which was terrible, Nuggies coconut and banana pie are to die for

I rate this place as overpriced ...................................I would not go b ack

Favorite Dish: the steak was very good, get th3e wine sauce on the side

• Bruno aka Vita Bella: Not the best at all

by jkamen Written Dec 14, 2009

We went to this restaurant our first night in Tamarindo. Although many people love this place, it is apparently for its pizza only.

We asked the owner if we could share a shrimp appetizer and he said no problem. Well, two arrived. My wife did not like hers so we asked for a box. We never say it again.

Our meal was so so, the fish was fresh but very greasy. The steak was like shoe leather. I asked for a second glass of wine, but never got it.

The overall service was very poor as it was hard to even get any wait staff to help us, and I add that that includes the owner. Don't waist your time.

And by the way most of the restaurants in this section are no longer there, I'' write some reviews soon on the good ones we found,

Favorite Dish: Not any

• Snipernurse's Profile Photo

Etc.: Take a siesta at Etc.

by Snipernurse Written Jun 3, 2008

Enjoy the creations of an Australian (if memory serves correct) chef at this resteraunt near the beach. He tauts that his hamburger is award winning, and I can't find much reasons to disagree, it was delicious.

Noguis: Tico food @ tico prices

by jkirincich Written Dec 13, 2007

Easily the best prices in town with a unmatched breakfast and good dinners with very large portions. Whether you prefer tico or american you'll be satisfied. A good indicator is that all the locals eat here. many times more people at all times of the day than any other restaurant in town. They have another dining area upstairs that is more upscale and the menu is more american oriented as well.

Favorite Dish: didn't have a bad meal here in 2 weeks

• Singles

Best Western Vista Villas: A taste of home

by jkirincich Written Dec 13, 2007

The secret spot restaurant had very good hamburgers and other american staples for very reasonable prices. We ate here twice when we we're ready to have a simpler home style fair. The monkey bar, attached to the restaurant has a live band on Mondays and the place goes wild that night. A pool bar is right there. It's up a small hill that affords a partial view of the beach.

• Singles

La Vita Bella: Great Tico, Italian, & Lebanese @ great prices

by jkirincich Written Dec 13, 2007

We visited this restaurant several times during our stay. Atop the Sea Tower hi-rise you're free of the insects and afforded a stunning sunset view of Tamarindo. They specialise in Tico, Italian, and Lebanese cuisine. Tony and Viviana will make you feel like valued friends. Case in point, Tony arranged for a sunset cruise at local prices and suggested activities we might not have considered other-wise. No stay in Tamarindo would be complete without visiting this delightful place.

Favorite Dish: We had lobster, filet mignon, lasagna, pizza, and tilapia (snapper) in the tico style. All superbly prepared and among the best prices in town.

• NCGabrielle's Profile Photo

La Caracola!: Great Place!!!

by NCGabrielle Written Aug 5, 2007

This place impressed me in everyway! It's down in the Town Circle/Center... the waiter was extremely nice... right there every minute we needed him... food was wonderful, owner was so welcoming... hung out with the whole crowd... they show a movie, "wedding crashers" was playing while we were there and there was a whole bunch of us out there watching it... they have two dogs that are the owners... and are SO sweet... they dont bother you at all... my friend doesnt like dogs and she was like saying "awww" about them, and lets just say... thats not normal!!! hahhaa ;) it's also open pretty late and open even on sundays!! have a 2 for 1 beer, well drinks, and i think also wine special every night from 9-12.

Favorite Dish: Mahi was great. Suprised though about the blackening.. i was thinking it was going to be with cajun not peppercorn... but it was still WONDERFUL. garlic mashed potatoes and rice were wonderful... the table beside us had some yummy looking nachos.... we were jealous... they had imperial light :) my favorite.

• NCGabrielle's Profile Photo

Joe's!: Fun place to eat!

by NCGabrielle Written Aug 5, 2007

not 100% Mexican but you know what i mean! they were recommended by the food network... the restaurant was so fun.. lots of excitement... locals all over the place and they were so nice... the owner came over and talked to us, he was eating at one of the nearby tables... GREAT place to bring your kids along to... definitely recommend it!!! :)

Favorite Dish: Nachos, Sushi, Quesadillas

Nibanna: Yummy.

by NCGabrielle Written Aug 5, 2007

Great experience... wait staff was so nice and worked with us on our spanish. my friend had a great pasta dish with lobster... and i had just plain pasta with vodka cream sauce... but it was wonderful... definitely recommend it. they bring out a little appetizer before your meal... we couldnt tell if it was tuna salad or not but its good! good ceasar salads too.. and a nice place to stop for a beer mid afternoon(they have imperial light!!! :))

a little more dressy... even though we went in shorts and tshirt... couple beside us wore a dress and sandals... and khakis...

Copacabana: Good Breakfast!

by NCGabrielle Written Aug 5, 2007

We went here two mornings in a row for breakfast... great omeletes.... didnt have Imperial Light which is our fave.. so we opted for their fruity liquor drinks... and it was awesome... when you order your omelete though... it says it comes with potatoes(which are awesome) but it doesnt mention that they also put fresh fruit on it!!! yummy. its also RIGHT on the beach, has a great view... one day we even went there just for drinks and laid out for a couple hours on their beach chairs... such a cool place!!!

Instant Answers: Tamarindo

Comments

Tamarindo Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Tamarindo restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tamarindo sightseeing.