Tortuguero Shopping

Best Rated Shopping in Tortuguero

• BEETLE_VERTE's Profile Photo

Tortuguero

by BEETLE_VERTE Written Mar 10, 2005

Big store at the entrance of Tortuguero

Suprisingly, there are a lot of gift shop in Tortuguero. Being such a secluded and small village, it suprised me to find 4 or 5 well furnished stores. It's not the place to find good bargain. Or that special unique local pieces. But a few unique find could be worth a detour if you're not on a boat touring the park or fishing or walking the beach or climbing the mountain or... My point: do the shopping somewhere else and enjoy your stay here.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Folk Art and Coffee: Tour Stop

by grandmaR Updated Aug 15, 2009

Wooden place mats

This was a shop at the landing where the boats left for the tours. They had a nice selection, but it was a problem if you did not have cash and they would not ship anything. You had to take everything back with you and pack it home in your luggage.

What to buy: When I was in Costa Rica before, I bought a lot of native craft items, so that was what I looked for this time also. The difference was - I got them to ship the stuff home to me before and this time I had to look for relatively small light and uncrushable items.

I bought my horsey daughter a wooden trivet in the shape of a horse (photo 5) - it was kind of an awkward shape, but I think useful. They had wooden place mats which I thought were very attractive, little wooden jewelry boxes and wooden puzzle boxes which I had bought before. This time I got wooden puzzle boxes for two of my grandchildren (photo 3)

As before I got coffee for some of my children's spouses who drink coffee (photo 4). They have either the berries or ground coffee. You need to know if a grinder is available if you get the unground kind.

• Eco-Tourism
    • Jungle and Rain Forest
    • Cruise

Instant Answers: Tortuguero

Comments

Tortuguero Shopping

Reviews and photos of Tortuguero shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tortuguero sightseeing.