Jacó Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Jacó

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

TacoBar: affordable breakfast and great tacos

by blueskyjohn Updated Jan 26, 2015

I have been to this place before but and had great tacos. This visit, our hotel had a deal with TacoBar to provide free breakfast as part of our hotel stay. There is no indoor seating but the tables have large umbrellas and the bar area is covered. All the seating around the bar is swings hanging from a rafter. Unique and fun way to eat.

I ate breakfast here twice. The first day I had the pancakes which comes with assorted fruit. The second day I had the French Toast, again comes with assorted fruit. Both were good but I would choose the French Toast again. They do not give enough syrup but will gladly provide more upon request.

Hours:

Saturday 7:00 am – 10:00 pm
    Sunday 7:00 am – 10:00 pm

Graffiti Restro Cafe and Wine Bar: Great dining experience

by blueskyjohn Updated Jan 26, 2015

This is a great little restaurant that is very popular. It is tucked away in the corner of a small strip mall with private parking. The interior is painted with different graffiti art using mostly earth tones. Modern Paintings hang on the walls inside. The lighting was on the dark side. Our waitress was very nice and accommodating for our large group of 10.

They have blackboard specials that she brought to our table and explained each one. From the specials I shared an appetizer order of the chicken salad which is very spicy. It is a mixture of shredded chicken, string beans, bean sprouts, cilantro and watercress. It was good but too spicy for me. The waitress did warn us.

From the menu I also shared an order of the Tuna Tar Tar Tower which is Tuna topped with Guacamole on a bed of rice surrounded by home made Plantain chips. It was also very good. For the entrée I had their Infamous Coffee and Cacao Crusted Beef Tenderloin which is Coffee and Cacao Marinated Beef Tenderloin topped with Caramelized Onions and an Aged Apple Balsamic Pinot Noir Reduction. I had it without the onions. It came with a great mix of vegetables. It was excellent and would order again. The beef was so tender an perfectly cooked.

Too full for dessert. Definitely will return.

• Wine Tasting

Cafeteria Pura Vida: Good Empanadas

by blueskyjohn Updated Jan 26, 2015

This small place was around the corner from my hotel. Wanted a small snack and stopped in. Very small inside with only 5 tables. They had a nice pastry selection and only one chicken empanadas left. Chose that and had them heat it up. It was pretty good and very cheap at only 700 Colones.

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Cafe Del Mar: Big portions and tasty!

by blueskyjohn Updated Jan 26, 2015

Every time I pass by this place it is full of people,. So I decided to check it out for lunch one day. There is plenty of outdoor seating and all shaded. Wait staff were friendly and handed me a menu right away. I was surprised to see I could order a milk smoothie with banana and chocolate! This is my favorite thing to drink. There were other choices but this is the best selection for me.

For lunch I had the chicken burrito. It was full of chicken, beans and cheese as stated on the menu. As you can see from the photo it is very large. What was not on the menu is that it also has peppers and onion inside. Peppers I can deal with but I am not an onion fan.

Overall I would definitely go again and try some other dishes. And of course the banana and chocolate smoothie!

The cat that joined me for lunch

Pops: Pretty good ice cream

by blueskyjohn Updated Jan 26, 2015

This brightly light ice cream parlor has been around for a long time. Over the years I have had consistently good ice cream. However, I only order the same thing each time. The chocolate brownie fudge ice cream. It is very satisfying on a hot day but I usually stop in the evening after dinner.

Pajara Pinta: Tico, Delicious and Healthy

by blueskyjohn Updated Jan 26, 2015

This is a new place for me and popped up since the last time I was here two years ago. It's a great find. Stopped in for a late dinner. I was looking at the menu and thought I might try this place for lunch since they have wraps. But the main course options looked good so tried it out.

I recall this location being a souvenir shop but now it is nicely decorated with a "sustainability" vibe to it. There motto is "We believe in sharing a delicious experience of health sustainability and peace in a creative and honest way." So lets see if that is true.

I was seated right away by very friendly staff. The menu covers breakfast, lunch and dinner. I ordered a banana smoothie and for dinner the Pestostada. This is fresh spinach and ricotta cheese ravioli with toasted almonds, diced grilled veggies with their home made nut and basil pesto. All this is served in and artisan bread bowl. I had a special request to bring out my smoothie with the meal.

This meal was great! So delicious! The pesto comes on the side and it is great to spread onto the sides of the bread bowl and eat. Now that's sustainable! Also, they brought out my smoothie with the meal. I was surprised because I asked this of places often and they rarely pull it off.

So they definitely lived up to their motto. I can't wait to stop in again.

Hours:
    Friday to Monday 8:30am to 10:00pm
    Tuesday closed
    Wednesday 5:00pm to 10:00pm
    Thursday 11:30am to 10:00pm

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Paraderia Artesanal: French pasteries!

by blueskyjohn Updated Jan 26, 2015

Another location recommended by hotel staff. The locals know where to go. They open early around 7am. Nice selection of pastries and lunch items. Open air facility with colorful seating. I had a pastry filled with creme de leche and some type of cake which was very moist with chocolate swirled into the batter. Reasonably priced.

My new morning place in Jaco.

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Rancho Santana Bar and Restaurant: Great value!

by blueskyjohn Updated Jan 26, 2015

Recommended to me by our hotel staff. Rancho is off the main road and was a little difficult to find. It is big place, open air style with a dance floor. They easily accommodated my large group. Our waiter was very attentive and drinks and food came out quick.

Their appetizer menu is small but they have a lunch/bar menu that we ordered from for starters. I had the chicken fajita and it was excellent. It came with rice and a great value which amounted to $3.00 usd. For the main course I had the Filet Mignon again, very reasonably prices at about $12 usd. The draw back was I ordered the Filet medium rare and it came out borderline well. Still tender because it was a good cut of meat. I brought this to the attention of my waiter. He was very apologetic and offered a new meal. I stayed with what I had because I was pretty hungry.

At the end of the meal the waiter brought me a drink on the house to apologize for the meal. Great customer service.

Favorite Dish: The chicken fajita was great. Would order it as a main course.

• RusbellM's Profile Photo

SurfDogs Bar Jaco: The best Bar in Jaco

by RusbellM Written Apr 26, 2013

Where you go with friends jaco beach? in jaco beach there are a variety of places to go, one of these places, the bar and restaurant, Surf Dogs which is a great option to have fun, hang out and try some delicious daiquiris, Jaco restaurants are an excellent choice and Surf Dogs is one of these, the bar is modeled and in the heart of the city, so it is very accessible to reach.

Favorite Dish: Monday drinks
    The Monday is a day to not work (I’m kidding) but you can go go drink a drink and have fun, why not?
    Crown Beer only $3 dollars (this is what I call a local price) there are a variety of drinks and a variety of meals to enjoy, which is why the bar and restaurant is # 1 in Jaco Beach.

Great! place Best place in town
    • Surfing

• EI Hicaco seafood restaurant: Purse got stolen

by xdcynthia Updated Feb 24, 2010

I had my rehearsal dinner with my family of over 40 people in EI Hicaco seafood restaurant on Feb. 13th, 2010. At the end of dinner, my husband and I were standing at the entrance, seeing everybody off to get on a taxi. When we walked back inside after 5 minutes, my purse on the chair was GONE!!!!

There was only one last table of guests in the restaurant. We were sure that nobody walked out of the restaurant in that 5 minutes could carry my big yellow purse without being noticed. It must STILL be in the restaurant.

I had all my credit cards, cash, travel documents in the purse, so I was desperately asking each waiter whether he saw anything. When I mentioned I had my passport in the purse, one waiter finally said he saw it couple of minutes ago. Then the waiters started surrounding us in the middle and communicating in Spanish. I knew that the restaurant has cameras at the corner, but the manager refused to review the tape. He ensured me that he will review it tomorrow and let me know.

When I left the restaurant, I had a feeling that I will never see my purse again. Yes, they never called me. When I finally talked to the owner of the restaurant Francisco Gonzalez, he told me the tape was too dark to see anything.

Keep an eye on your belongs if you want to have dinner in EI Hicaco, that is my advice.

• Ocean Waves: Great Food!!!!

by pamsurf Written May 10, 2009

Ocean Waves is located on the beach at The Copacabana Hotel, great ambience.
    You can find Fresh Seafood, Intenational Food & BBQ
    Have a great dinner while you are listening to the sound of the Ocean.
    Excellent wine selection.

Favorite Dish: My favorite for appetizer Parmesan Scallops - Entree Macho Mahi Mahi ( Mahi Mahi Filet covered with seafood) Dessert The banana Tempura or the Crepes

Parmesan Scallops Macho Mahi Mahi

• richienyc's Profile Photo

Los Amigos Bar and Grill: This place has the best food in town!

by richienyc Written Feb 22, 2009

The food is awesome, Try the jaco wrap, MMMMMM Yummmy and they have these fruit smoohies.... called Big Ass smoothies... Just great on a hot day....

They have steak, chicken and sea food....

Favorite Dish: Jaco wrap

• Casino and Gambling
    • Luxury Travel
    • Singles

• CaptHookUp's Profile Photo

El Picaro: Great Pizza in Jaco

by CaptHookUp Written Jul 17, 2008

El Picaro is a quaint little Pizzeria and Restaurant located in the center of Main St, Jaco, in the back courtyard where the Mexican Joe's Internet center is located. The Pizza there is great! It's a thin crust Pizza that can be made with your favorite toppings. While we have never been big fans of thin crust Pizza, theirs is addicting!

I highly reccommend you try it while in Jaco. They gave some other great Italian dishes as well on their diverse menu, and their prices are very reasonable. They offer dine-in and takeout service. The service and staff there are all very friendly and accommodating as well.

Favorite Dish: The El Picaro special Pizza, loaded with all the toppings! It's a winner for lunch or dinner.

• Fishing
    • Water Sports

• Hammerhead68's Profile Photo

Aberdeen Angus: Great Steaks

by Hammerhead68 Written Apr 4, 2008

Being Argentine I love a great steak and Aberdeen Angus did not disappoint. During my 10 day stay in Jaco, I ate at the restaurant 4 times including a breakfast, which was good.

The restaurant is located in about the middle of town. The employees were very helpful and friendly. They have a sister restaurant a little further south with an italian menu, which we tried as well. I had one of the pizzas and empanadas. I enjoyed all my meals at these locations.

Favorite Dish: The argentine cut steaks, although more expensive, are also larger, and I thought better. I had the rib-eye. I like steak cooked simply and over a fire, just salt and place it on the grill.

• Adventure Travel
    • Jungle and Rain Forest
    • Eco-Tourism

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Restaurante Colonial: Good people watching and food

by easterntrekker Written Feb 26, 2007

This is our favorite place. You get a real sense of being in a Central America here. There is beautiful wooden bar , huge fans above and high back chairs. It's nice for sipping on a cold drink and watching the passerbys. There's always a trio of guitarists on hand .

Favorite Dish: The seasame crusted tuna is wonderful and only about $11.00 tax in.

• Singles
    • Women's Travel
    • Seniors

Instant Answers: Jacó

Comments

Jacó Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Jacó restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Jacó sightseeing.