Jacó Restaurants

• RusbellM's Profile Photo

SurfDogs Bar Jaco: The best Bar in Jaco

by RusbellM Written Apr 26, 2013
    Great! place

Where you go with friends jaco beach? in jaco beach there are a variety of places to go, one of these places, the bar and restaurant, Surf Dogs which is a great option to have fun, hang out and try some delicious daiquiris, Jaco restaurants are an excellent choice and Surf Dogs is one of these, the bar is modeled and in the heart of the city, so it is very accessible to reach.

Favorite Dish: Monday drinks
    The Monday is a day to not work (I’m kidding) but you can go go drink a drink and have fun, why not?
    Crown Beer only $3 dollars (this is what I call a local price) there are a variety of drinks and a variety of meals to enjoy, which is why the bar and restaurant is # 1 in Jaco Beach.

• Surfing
    • Beaches

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Paraderia Artesanal: French pasteries!

by blueskyjohn Written Jan 20, 2013

Another location recommended by hotel staff. The locals know where to go. They open early around 7am. Nice selection of pastries and lunch items. Open air facility with colorful seating. I had a pastry filled with creme de leche and some type of cake which was very moist with chocolate swirled into the batter. Reasonbly priced.

My new morning place in Jaco

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Rancho Santana Bar and Restaurant: Great value!

by blueskyjohn Written Jan 20, 2013

Recommended to me by our hotel staff. Rancho is off the main road and was a little difficult to find. It is big place, open air style with a dance floor. They easily accommodated my large group. Our waiter was very attentive and drinks and food came out quick.

Their appetizer menu is small but they have a lunch/bar menu that we ordered from for starters. I had the chicken fajita and it was excellent. It came with rice and a great value which amounted to $3.00 usd. For the main course I had the Filet Mignon again, very reasonably prices at about $12 usd. The draw back was I ordered the Filet medium rare and it came out borderline well. Still tender because it was a good cut of meat. I brought this to the attention of my waiter. He was very apologetic and offered a new meal. I stayed with what I had because I was pretty hungry.

At the end of the meal the waiter brought me a drink on the house to apologize for the meal. Great customer service.

Favorite Dish: The chicken fajita was great. Would order it as a main course.

• EI Hicaco seafood restaurant: Purse got stolen

by xdcynthia Updated Feb 24, 2010

I had my rehearsal dinner with my family of over 40 people in EI Hicaco seafood restaurant on Feb. 13th, 2010. At the end of dinner, my husband and I were standing at the entrance, seeing everybody off to get on a taxi. When we walked back inside after 5 minutes, my purse on the chair was GONE!!!!

There was only one last table of guests in the restaurant. We were sure that nobody walked out of the restaurant in that 5 minutes could carry my big yellow purse without being noticed. It must STILL be in the restaurant.

I had all my credit cards, cash, travel documents in the purse, so I was desperately asking each waiter whether he saw anything. When I mentioned I had my passport in the purse, one waiter finally said he saw it couple of minutes ago. Then the waiters started surrounding us in the middle and communicating in Spanish. I knew that the restaurant has cameras at the corner, but the manager refused to review the tape. He ensured me that he will review it tomorrow and let me know.

When I left the restaurant, I had a feeling that I will never see my purse again. Yes, they never called me. When I finally talked to the owner of the restaurant Francisco Gonzalez, he told me the tape was too dark to see anything.

Keep an eye on your belongs if you want to have dinner in EI Hicaco, that is my advice.

• Ocean Waves: Great Food!!!!

by pamsurf Written May 10, 2009
    Parmesan Scallops

Ocean Waves is located on the beach at The Copacabana Hotel, great ambience.
    You can find Fresh Seafood, Intenational Food & BBQ
    Have a great dinner while you are listening to the sound of the Ocean.
    Excellent wine selection.

Favorite Dish: My favorite for appetizer Parmesan Scallops - Entree Macho Mahi Mahi ( Mahi Mahi Filet covered with seafood) Dessert The banana Tempura or the Crepes

• richienyc's Profile Photo

Los Amigos Bar and Grill: This place has the best food in town!

by richienyc Written Feb 22, 2009

The food is awesome, Try the jaco wrap, MMMMMM Yummmy and they have these fruit smoohies.... called Big Ass smoothies... Just great on a hot day....

They have steak, chicken and sea food....

Favorite Dish: Jaco wrap

• Casino and Gambling
    • Luxury Travel

• CaptHookUp's Profile Photo

El Picaro: Great Pizza in Jaco

by CaptHookUp Written Jul 17, 2008

El Picaro is a quaint little Pizzeria and Restaurant located in the center of Main St, Jaco, in the back courtyard where the Mexican Joe's Internet center is located. The Pizza there is great! It's a thin crust Pizza that can be made with your favorite toppings. While we have never been big fans of thin crust Pizza, theirs is addicting!

I highly reccommend you try it while in Jaco. They gave some other great Italian dishes as well on their diverse menu, and their prices are very reasonable. They offer dine-in and takeout service. The service and staff there are all very friendly and accommodating as well.

Favorite Dish: The El Picaro special Pizza, loaded with all the toppings! It's a winner for lunch or dinner.

• Water Sports
    • Fishing

• Hammerhead68's Profile Photo

Aberdeen Angus: Great Steaks

by Hammerhead68 Written Apr 4, 2008

Being Argentine I love a great steak and Aberdeen Angus did not disappoint. During my 10 day stay in Jaco, I ate at the restaurant 4 times including a breakfast, which was good.

The restaurant is located in about the middle of town. The employees were very helpful and friendly. They have a sister restaurant a little further south with an italian menu, which we tried as well. I had one of the pizzas and empanadas. I enjoyed all my meals at these locations.

Favorite Dish: The argentine cut steaks, although more expensive, are also larger, and I thought better. I had the rib-eye. I like steak cooked simply and over a fire, just salt and place it on the grill.

• Jungle and Rain Forest
    • Adventure Travel
    • Eco-Tourism

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Restaurante Colonial: Good people watching and food

by easterntrekker Written Feb 26, 2007

This is our favorite place. You get a real sense of being in a Central America here. There is beautiful wooden bar , huge fans above and high back chairs. It's nice for sipping on a cold drink and watching the passerbys. There's always a trio of guitarists on hand .

Favorite Dish: The seasame crusted tuna is wonderful and only about $11.00 tax in.

• Women's Travel
    • Seniors

• sharon36605's Profile Photo

Tsunami Sushi/Bar: Sushi

by sharon36605 Written Jun 19, 2006

It's real, with real Japanses workers as sushi chefs. Authentic, all fresh seafood, made to order items, friendly service, big screen TV's, no smoking inside (but outside on the deck) and it''s air conditioned (rare in Costa Rica) . Great food!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Dish: Spicy Tuna, Seared Ahi, Tempura (shrimp & Veggies Deep fried), Crunch Roll and if you get creative make your own roll!!

• School Holidays

• Suzanne123's Profile Photo

El Charran: Peruvian restaurant on the beach

by Suzanne123 Updated Nov 1, 2005

This very clean restaurant is directly on the beach in the centre of town. It is perfect for watching sunsets. The seafood meals for lunch or dinner are around $10. My routine was to order the gallo pinto for breakfast. This meal included coffee, orange juice, a fruit buffet, two eggs, cheese, rice and beans, bread, delicious marmalade or jam for 1800 colones. About $4.00 What a bargain.

• happyhourkid's Profile Photo

Pollos Krispy: The Best Chicken Outside Joliet, IL.

by happyhourkid Written Sep 6, 2005

Pollos Krispy, Jaco, Costa Rica

When you are super-hung over, all you want is some nice good old fashioned fried chicken to help get you through. When we found Pollos Krispy, only 3 blocks from our condo, it was like God smiled down on us.

I will put the Pollos Krispy up against ANY chicken joint anywhere. And that includes Popeye's and KFC.

Favorite Dish: The chicken. The pieces are huge, especially the breast pieces, and you can get like a half a chicken, fries, and a drink for like $4.00.

• happyhourkid's Profile Photo

Tsunami Sushi: As Fresh as it Gets...

by happyhourkid Written Sep 6, 2005

Excellent sushi with a lot of variety. It is located in the center of Jaco, on the second floor of the El Galeone Mall.

This is, by far, the best sushi in Jaco, and most likely better than you will ever find in the US as well, from what the other guys said.

We ate here probably 4 times during the week.

• BEETLE_VERTE's Profile Photo

El Flor: Local flavor

by BEETLE_VERTE Written Mar 10, 2005

El Flor

A beautiful little soda, with some thought toward decoration and design. Generous menu, snack-bar efficiency, local flavor. Nothing to be disapointed about! The staff was great. Just forgot the sugar in the limonade. ouch!

Favorite Dish: Fish in garlic butter sauce. Generous and tasty plate!

• BEETLE_VERTE's Profile Photo

Wishbone: American feeling and mexican food

by BEETLE_VERTE Written Mar 10, 2005

Sunset on the ocean in Jaco

Right there on Pastor Diaz, main street in Jaco Beach, Wishbone terrace and restaurant is well design and inviting. I appreciated the wood furniture, stoned fences, sport cafe decoration, surf memorabilia and entertaining music. The food was quite good, a delicious and consciencious menu of well thought mexican food. Good quality ingredient, it shows. Only the service left me a little disapointed.

Favorite Dish: Carne burritos if I remember correctly, including big slices of beef and tasty salsa, and generous enchilada.

Instant Answers: Jacó

Comments

Jacó Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Jacó restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Jacó sightseeing.