Jacó Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Jacó

• pollon's Profile Photo

Cuzco restaurant: seafood peruvian style...

by pollon Written Jun 6, 2003

a really beautiful lady on the entrance to the patio shows you the menu but there was no need to convince anybody, the blackboard outside was already inviting: the seafood, in peruvian style, was very good and the "postre" (=dessert - remember to ask for it in CR as it's not always listed but there is) seemed not my idea of a dessert but the sauce which came with the banana flambé was really yummy!

• pollon's Profile Photo

Café... again didn't write down the name...: sweet tooth...

by pollon Written Jun 6, 2003

if you have a sweet tooth like me you cannot not notice this cakes shop-café at thesouth end of the town where you will be uncertain on which yummy cake to choose...

in the pic a view on the way back from Jacó to San José

soda Flor: breakfast...

by pollon Updated Jun 6, 2003

if you like a tica breakfast with gallo pinto (made with rice), natilla (my best liked addition: a sort of creamy cheese similar to mascarpone but with a more definite taste) and fresh jugo go to this soda :-)

in the pic the typical "carreta" (handcart) which I didn't catch in original :-( so I bought this postcard...

• pollon's Profile Photo

Roberto's: lasagne tico style...

by pollon Written Jun 11, 2003

The place itself is distinctive: a sort of canoe supported by two classical columns and lots of small unusual objects hanging from the ceiling or put here and there make it agreeably so and a straw roofing makes a plesant shadow on the tables.
    The service is excellent and the bathroom spick-and-span (I'm mentioning this because a crazy but famous italian chef judging the level of restaurants on his guide says that however good one can be, if a restaurant has not a very cleaned bathroom, it won't enter his guide)

Favorite Dish: the lasagne with cheese and chicken inbetween were not exactly Italian style but they were very pleasant in taste and their pasta not bad at all!

• happyhourkid's Profile Photo

Pollos Krispy: The Best Chicken Outside Joliet, IL.

by happyhourkid Written Sep 6, 2005

Pollos Krispy, Jaco, Costa Rica

When you are super-hung over, all you want is some nice good old fashioned fried chicken to help get you through. When we found Pollos Krispy, only 3 blocks from our condo, it was like God smiled down on us.

I will put the Pollos Krispy up against ANY chicken joint anywhere. And that includes Popeye's and KFC.

Favorite Dish: The chicken. The pieces are huge, especially the breast pieces, and you can get like a half a chicken, fries, and a drink for like $4.00.

• happyhourkid's Profile Photo

Tsunami Sushi: As Fresh as it Gets...

by happyhourkid Written Sep 6, 2005

Excellent sushi with a lot of variety. It is located in the center of Jaco, on the second floor of the El Galeone Mall.

This is, by far, the best sushi in Jaco, and most likely better than you will ever find in the US as well, from what the other guys said.

We ate here probably 4 times during the week.

Rest. Bar El Tabacon: Great sports bar & restaurant

by BEETLE_VERTE Written Feb 8, 2005

Rest. Bar El Tabacon

A great little restaurant with a sports bar touch. Open on 2 sides towrd the street. Beautiful design inside with plants and trees. Of course a tv! The ambiance is decontracted and fun.

Favorite Dish: The fishes we tried was great. But since this was our first meal in Costa Rica and we didn't speak spanish, we had to order blindly... with good results but I couldn't tell you now how it's call.

• Colonial - Marisqueria -SteakHouse: Relax and Enjoy the Restaurant

by AnjoLuci Updated Jul 10, 2004

Restaurante Colonial

The decoration is fantastic. The colors and the woods are amazing. I would say a great place for nachos and drinks. Very open and you will your private floor fan.

Favorite Dish: I loved the nachos. Different from the way americans make.
    But I was very disappointed with my main dish. I ordered a fillet of bass with rice and vegetables. I almost chock when I saw the plate. Small meal. A little peace of fish which I would never called filed. I could count the pieces of vegetables. I was so hungry... had to stop for something else later.
    and the food was very expensive.

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Restaurante Colonial: Good people watching and food

by easterntrekker Written Feb 26, 2007

This is our favorite place. You get a real sense of being in a Central America here. There is beautiful wooden bar , huge fans above and high back chairs. It's nice for sipping on a cold drink and watching the passerbys. There's always a trio of guitarists on hand .

Favorite Dish: The seasame crusted tuna is wonderful and only about $11.00 tax in.

• Seniors
    • Women's Travel
    • Singles

• BEETLE_VERTE's Profile Photo

Wahoo: Best limonada and great ambiance

Sunset on the ocean in Jaco

On the corner of a little quiet street and Pastor Diaz, the main street, the little restaurant opens to fresh air and the street ambiance, while keeping a little intimate feel. Great little setting for a diner for two after a day at the beach. Good service. Fair price. Generous and tasty plates.

Favorite Dish: The fish was perfect, cooked to our taste. Best limonade on the boardwalk.

El Flor: Local flavor

El Flor

A beautiful little soda, with some thought toward decoration and design. Generous menu, snack-bar efficiency, local flavor. Nothing to be disapointed about! The staff was great. Just forgot the sugar in the limonade. ouch!

Favorite Dish: Fish in garlic butter sauce. Generous and tasty plate!

• Hammerhead68's Profile Photo

Aberdeen Angus: Great Steaks

by Hammerhead68 Written Apr 4, 2008

Being Argentine I love a great steak and Aberdeen Angus did not disappoint. During my 10 day stay in Jaco, I ate at the restaurant 4 times including a breakfast, which was good.

The restaurant is located in about the middle of town. The employees were very helpful and friendly. They have a sister restaurant a little further south with an italian menu, which we tried as well. I had one of the pizzas and empanadas. I enjoyed all my meals at these locations.

Favorite Dish: The argentine cut steaks, although more expensive, are also larger, and I thought better. I had the rib-eye. I like steak cooked simply and over a fire, just salt and place it on the grill.

• Jungle and Rain Forest
    • Eco-Tourism

• BEETLE_VERTE's Profile Photo

Wishbone: American feeling and mexican food

Sunset on the ocean in Jaco

Right there on Pastor Diaz, main street in Jaco Beach, Wishbone terrace and restaurant is well design and inviting. I appreciated the wood furniture, stoned fences, sport cafe decoration, surf memorabilia and entertaining music. The food was quite good, a delicious and consciencious menu of well thought mexican food. Good quality ingredient, it shows. Only the service left me a little disapointed.

Favorite Dish: Carne burritos if I remember correctly, including big slices of beef and tasty salsa, and generous enchilada.

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Rancho Santana Bar and Restaurant: Great value!

by blueskyjohn Written Jan 20, 2013

Recommended to me by our hotel staff. Rancho is off the main road and was a little difficult to find. It is big place, open air style with a dance floor. They easily accommodated my large group. Our waiter was very attentive and drinks and food came out quick.

Their appetizer menu is small but they have a lunch/bar menu that we ordered from for starters. I had the chicken fajita and it was excellent. It came with rice and a great value which amounted to $3.00 usd. For the main course I had the Filet Mignon again, very reasonably prices at about $12 usd. The draw back was I ordered the Filet medium rare and it came out borderline well. Still tender because it was a good cut of meat. I brought this to the attention of my waiter. He was very apologetic and offered a new meal. I stayed with what I had because I was pretty hungry.

At the end of the meal the waiter brought me a drink on the house to apologize for the meal. Great customer service.

Favorite Dish: The chicken fajita was great. Would order it as a main course.

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Paraderia Artesanal: French pasteries!

by blueskyjohn Written Jan 20, 2013

Another location recommended by hotel staff. The locals know where to go. They open early around 7am. Nice selection of pastries and lunch items. Open air facility with colorful seating. I had a pastry filled with creme de leche and some type of cake which was very moist with chocolate swirled into the batter. Reasonbly priced.

My new morning place in Jaco

Instant Answers: Jacó

Comments

Jacó Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Jacó restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Jacó sightseeing.