Jacó Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Jacó

• SODA FLOR: The Real Local Food

by AnjoLuci Written Jul 10, 2004

Soda Flor Restaurant

Traveling to me is the experience to live as the locals live, eat what they eat.
    This restaurant, Soda Flor is very simple, no luxury and have a delicious food.
    When I passed by and I saw the locals eating there. People that work in the stores, people that live there... I said to myself.. this is the place. It was our last day in Playa Hermosa which is 5 min by cab from Jaco.

Favorite Dish: Delicious local food. Very affordable for locals and tourist. Waiter is glad to serve you and don't be on top of you all the time.

We had Lomito Casado - Tenderloin with rice, vegetables and order of fries. Delicious meal.

• EI Hicaco seafood restaurant: Purse got stolen

by xdcynthia Updated Feb 24, 2010

I had my rehearsal dinner with my family of over 40 people in EI Hicaco seafood restaurant on Feb. 13th, 2010. At the end of dinner, my husband and I were standing at the entrance, seeing everybody off to get on a taxi. When we walked back inside after 5 minutes, my purse on the chair was GONE!!!!

There was only one last table of guests in the restaurant. We were sure that nobody walked out of the restaurant in that 5 minutes could carry my big yellow purse without being noticed. It must STILL be in the restaurant.

I had all my credit cards, cash, travel documents in the purse, so I was desperately asking each waiter whether he saw anything. When I mentioned I had my passport in the purse, one waiter finally said he saw it couple of minutes ago. Then the waiters started surrounding us in the middle and communicating in Spanish. I knew that the restaurant has cameras at the corner, but the manager refused to review the tape. He ensured me that he will review it tomorrow and let me know.

When I left the restaurant, I had a feeling that I will never see my purse again. Yes, they never called me. When I finally talked to the owner of the restaurant Francisco Gonzalez, he told me the tape was too dark to see anything.

Keep an eye on your belongs if you want to have dinner in EI Hicaco, that is my advice.

• sharon36605's Profile Photo

Tsunami Sushi/Bar: Sushi

by sharon36605 Written Jun 19, 2006

It's real, with real Japanses workers as sushi chefs. Authentic, all fresh seafood, made to order items, friendly service, big screen TV's, no smoking inside (but outside on the deck) and it''s air conditioned (rare in Costa Rica) . Great food!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Dish: Spicy Tuna, Seared Ahi, Tempura (shrimp & Veggies Deep fried), Crunch Roll and if you get creative make your own roll!!

• School Holidays

• richienyc's Profile Photo

Los Amigos Bar and Grill: This place has the best food in town!

by richienyc Written Feb 22, 2009

The food is awesome, Try the jaco wrap, MMMMMM Yummmy and they have these fruit smoohies.... called Big Ass smoothies... Just great on a hot day....

They have steak, chicken and sea food....

Favorite Dish: Jaco wrap

• Casino and Gambling
    • Luxury Travel

• Ocean Waves: Great Food!!!!

by pamsurf Written May 10, 2009
    Parmesan Scallops

Ocean Waves is located on the beach at The Copacabana Hotel, great ambience.
    You can find Fresh Seafood, Intenational Food & BBQ
    Have a great dinner while you are listening to the sound of the Ocean.
    Excellent wine selection.

Favorite Dish: My favorite for appetizer Parmesan Scallops - Entree Macho Mahi Mahi ( Mahi Mahi Filet covered with seafood) Dessert The banana Tempura or the Crepes

• CaptHookUp's Profile Photo

El Picaro: Great Pizza in Jaco

by CaptHookUp Written Jul 17, 2008

El Picaro is a quaint little Pizzeria and Restaurant located in the center of Main St, Jaco, in the back courtyard where the Mexican Joe's Internet center is located. The Pizza there is great! It's a thin crust Pizza that can be made with your favorite toppings. While we have never been big fans of thin crust Pizza, theirs is addicting!

I highly reccommend you try it while in Jaco. They gave some other great Italian dishes as well on their diverse menu, and their prices are very reasonable. They offer dine-in and takeout service. The service and staff there are all very friendly and accommodating as well.

Favorite Dish: The El Picaro special Pizza, loaded with all the toppings! It's a winner for lunch or dinner.

• Water Sports
    • Fishing

• RusbellM's Profile Photo

SurfDogs Bar Jaco: The best Bar in Jaco

by RusbellM Written Apr 26, 2013
    Great! place

Where you go with friends jaco beach? in jaco beach there are a variety of places to go, one of these places, the bar and restaurant, Surf Dogs which is a great option to have fun, hang out and try some delicious daiquiris, Jaco restaurants are an excellent choice and Surf Dogs is one of these, the bar is modeled and in the heart of the city, so it is very accessible to reach.

Favorite Dish: Monday drinks
    The Monday is a day to not work (I’m kidding) but you can go go drink a drink and have fun, why not?
    Crown Beer only $3 dollars (this is what I call a local price) there are a variety of drinks and a variety of meals to enjoy, which is why the bar and restaurant is # 1 in Jaco Beach.

• Surfing
    • Beaches

• Suzanne123's Profile Photo

El Charran: Peruvian restaurant on the beach

by Suzanne123 Updated Nov 1, 2005

This very clean restaurant is directly on the beach in the centre of town. It is perfect for watching sunsets. The seafood meals for lunch or dinner are around $10. My routine was to order the gallo pinto for breakfast. This meal included coffee, orange juice, a fruit buffet, two eggs, cheese, rice and beans, bread, delicious marmalade or jam for 1800 colones. About $4.00 What a bargain.

• Suzanne123's Profile Photo

unsure of the name: The best Gelato

by Suzanne123 Updated Mar 6, 2005

This popular place is a must. Do not.... I repeat...Do not pass by this opportunity. On the north side of the main drag, on the west side of Mas y Menos, there is a Gelato Ice Cream shop. For $1 you can have your very own delicious cone! There are many flavours watermelon, melon, lemon, mint.......try them all if you'd like. Have a look at the beautiful tiled floor.

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Carnes y Maisros: an open air steak place

by easterntrekker Written Feb 26, 2007

If you're in the mood for a steak this is a good choice. For about $10.00 you get a nice steak . It has nice atmosphere with wooden floors, and linen table cloths.

• Women's Travel

• Best chicken in Jaco

by groove99 Written Nov 1, 2002

when in Jaco, try this place with the Banquette hot sauce. YOu get the best half chicken for only about $3 bucks.

Sunrise Breakfast Place: Breakfast

by easterntrekker Written Feb 26, 2007

This is the most popular place in town for breakfast. At about $7.00 for ham and eggs its not real cheap but you get a nice shady seat and can watch all the passerbys. Great coffee.

Anita's Pointe: Local fare

by easterntrekker Written Feb 26, 2007

This is a good place to sample local fare. It's popular with locals and tourists alike. Its a small open air restaurant,

Favorite Dish: A typical beans rice and chicken meal is about $7.00

• Joemidwest's Profile Photo

Hotel restaurant: Breakfast Lunch Dinner

by Joemidwest Written Jan 17, 2004

Chef

Excellent food every meal . An attractive buffet style setting with a Chef for special orders. Also dessert heaven.

Instant Answers: Jacó

Comments

Jacó Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Jacó restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Jacó sightseeing.