Jacó Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Jacó

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Playa Hermosa Beach Road

by blueskyjohn Updated Jan 26, 2015

At the south end of Hermosa is a dirt road off route 34. This road takes you to the center and southern section of Playa Hermosa as well as Refugio Nacional de Vida Silvestre de Playa Hermosa. When this road reached the beach, there is a parking area to the right and the beach road turns left and continues for several more kilometers. Towards the end, the road runs along a marsh with many tropical birds. The last section ends enter a stand of Palm trees to the end.

There is some parking at the end. This section of beach is very popular with surf fishermen and people collecting drift wood. I saw several people in pickup trucks picking up random pieces. probably for decorative purposes.

There are many places with short pullover roads off this main beach road that end right at the beach. Great places to find a private little section all for yourself to relax and enjoy the beach.

The road is well packed and I saw several cars at the parking lot. However, in the rainy season, sections of this road could be impassable without 4x4 vehicle.

• Surfing
    • Adventure Travel
    • Beaches

• kmh8's Profile Photo

Do NOT use Easy Ride Costa Rica

by kmh8 Written Mar 13, 2010

NEVER PICKED US UP AS ARRANGED – LEFT US AT THE AIRPORT
    Do NOT pay in advance for services from Easy Ride Costa Rica. I paid in advance and Javier Ortiz left us at the airport and never picked us up as arranged even though I confirmed with him via email the week before that he would be picking us up. The tourist officials at the airport tried to call him and he did not answer. He will not respond to my emails requesting a refund, and I had to dispute the charge through my credit card company. There are plenty of reputable and reliable services you can use - I do NOT recommend using Easy Ride Costa Rica because after this happened to us, I heard that it is a fairly common experience for customers of Easy Ride Costa Rica.

• Bus from Airport to San Jose, and Jaco

by usohjack Written Oct 2, 2008

deprt the terminal go left to the street. Cross the drive, and that is the bus stop(500 or so feet from exit door). Cabs are now $20 dollars to San Jose check price before getting in. Bus is less than 500 colones($1)Bus will probably not accept US$. It will be red and white (TUSA) or a cream and green color with a San Jose sign in the front left window. They will put luggage under in storage, just keep an eye on the right side when others get off. Keep wallet/Passport/small pack with you so that it doesn't get swipped. Take to San Jose, ask driver for Coca Cola Terminal. If he is nice he will let you off two blocks from terminal, if not station is 5-6 blocks at Merced. Use the maps section of www.ohiost.net then AmericasLink-CR section then pick maps. The Bus is now 1934Cln about $4 I took it Friday here. The Bus section of this sites left picture is Coca Cola Terminal taken from the ticket booth to give you refference.

• Study Abroad

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Easy Ride Shuttle

by easterntrekker Written Feb 26, 2007

There are a few shuttle services around,,they take you from hotel to hotel , which is nice. Easy Ride has the same type of van as the others and have a better rate. $ 20.00 from San Jose to Jaco.( $29.99 for the other companies) We used the direct bus back as it's good too and alot less expensive, but if you want the convenience , this one was good.

• Singles

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Direct Bus

by easterntrekker Written Jan 21, 2007

This trip instead of booking a shuttle from Jaco to San Jose , we tried the direct bus. It was a good choice...saved about $50.00 for the two of us and it was faster. It took exactly 3 hours. Even though it made lots of stops ..it was faster than the shuttle that took over 4 hours. It cost less than $3.oo each, seats are comfortable. It got crowded...it was Sunday..so best to buy your ticket an hour ahead.

The ticket office is behind the Pizza Hut ...across from The Best western in Jaco. Schedule is on the window..

It goes to the San Jose Airport too.

• Singles

• sharon36605's Profile Photo

Kevins Transports

by sharon36605 Written Jun 19, 2006

I have always delt with Kevin because I know him from my son who lives in Jaco. He picks me up from the airport when I arrive in San Jose and takes me directly to my hotel. He is from the US and speaks spanish and of course English. He has a group of gualified people working with him that I have also delt with and I trust him and his group. He also has tours or whatever you want to do. His number is 011-506-361-9218(cell) or 011-506-643-2604 (Leave message). All you have to do is tell him that Dans Mom referred you to him because I know he is the best. (No, I'm not getting paid for this)!!!!!!!! He has a van not a bus and it's air conditioned.

• Beaches
    • Business Travel

• Suzanne123's Profile Photo

local buses

by Suzanne123 Written Feb 24, 2005

The buses arrive and depart from the plaza across from the best western. west end of town. when you are in front of the pizza hut you will see a tower/sign that says "jaco plaza" hidden behind in a crevice of the building is a woman selling the bus tickets. she speaks english fine and i saw her there every day six days in a row. purchase tickets to San Jose early because they sell out on weekends. San Jose buses have a stop at the airport. its about $3 per person each way.

Taxi's around town are cheap 600 colones. i asked one taxi to take me to nearby playa hermosa and he said 1 million colones. i said no way, the next guy said 1,000! have small change on hand and give them what they are worth cause otherwise they charge what they want. don't let them charge you in dollars because then they don't negotiate. Prices are 300-400 colones and 400 more for each additional km. Only use the official red taxis with yellow writing. It's dangerous to use the others and I have been approached by others. I was charged $40 for a cab from Jaco to Quepos. At the airport I took the official orange airport taxi to Jaco and paid $70. Others were offering $45-50! Don't do it, these roads have sharp turns and the roads bend around the hills. You want the official drivers and well maintained vehicles. Two weeks before I arrived a bus full of Canadians experienced failed brakes and they went off a road into a crevice! They survived. Most were injured. It could have been worse!

• Matt420's Profile Photo

Rent a vehicle

by Matt420 Written Jul 30, 2003

I have read all the horror stories about driving in Costa Rica. Granted, the roads do have a few pot holes and washouts, but don't let that keep you from renting your own transportation and seeing the country.

Daily rates are not out of reach but check around to find the lowest price. I believe we paid about $100 for 3 days.

Instant Answers: Jacó

Comments

Jacó Transportation

Reviews and photos of Jacó transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Jacó sightseeing.