Zancudo Travel Guide

Zancudo Things to Do

• stacecz's Profile Photo

by stacecz Written Apr 11, 2009

Los Cocos rents sea kayaks for a small price. It is so worth it. You drop in at a river estuary across from the property. You follow the river out to the Pacific. You follow the shoreline and come back in at their property. It is beautiful and it is great to experience a riparian habitat as well as paddling out on the ocean. There are lots of birds, sealife and the possibiity of crocodiles. If you go, be sure to wear a shirt to protect your shoulders and a hat and liberally reapply sunscreen . I am a novice paddler and was easily able to complete it. I highly recommend this experience.

If you are unfamiliar with sea kayaking, it is very different than river kayaking. The kayaks are wider and hard to tip. It is also a much slower pace.

• Water Sports
    • Jungle and Rain Forest

• by maglione Written Aug 1, 2006

No crowds here, just lots of good swimming and surfing. The farther south you go, the bigger the surf.

• Water Sports
    • Surfing

• Zancudo Hotels

0 Hotels in Zancudo

Zancudo Transportation

• Neilzonwheelz's Profile Photo
    Getting onboard. 2 more images

by Neilzonwheelz Written Nov 7, 2007

The easiest way when the sea is & a high tide is by boat, I really mean small dingy but it was really safe. Going there I left from Golfito, lucky to catch an American couple going there so tagged along, we went via the open sea route because it was low tide. On the way back I caught the "regular" service back to Golfito via the waterway canals, great little trip of about 20 minutes.
    There is a bus that runs to Zancudo, but I heard it was a really long and rough ride.

• Singles

• birchy99's Profile Photo

by birchy99 Written Jun 30, 2006

At the time (1998) domestic flights in Costa Rica were on two airlines, one of them government owned and the other private. At any rate the domestic terminal was a short shuttle ride away from the International Terminal. The flight attendents told us that we should catch a shuttle and the cost is $1 US. So we hustled down, got our luggage and proceded out the door to the "shuttle" service. A Tico grabbed our bags and put them in the back of an old SUV. I handed him a dollar and we climbed in and took a one minute ride to the domestic terminal.
    We got out collected our bags and went inside. Once inside, the scene was a bit chaotic. Lots of people sitting around. Our hotel had purchased our tickets for us so I went to the desk to inquire. The attendent pulled out an old accordian file box and dug through it and found nothing. A bit of panic set in, so I decided to call the hotel.
    At about that time there was a big commotion outside and a big man entered looking straight at me and holloring, obviously to embarrass, something like, "Cheapskate, where's the dollar for the shuttle." Ok, how was I to know who to pay. So the shuttle ride cost two dollars plus a load of embarrassment.
    Anyway, there was a big production over weighing the baggage. Didn't seem to be a problem, though. Then we marched to the plane ducked out heads and seated ourselves in a little twin engine Cessna whose tail was propped up to keep it from tipping backwards. Not a good sign, I thought.
    Upon taking a seat we strapped ourselves in with seat belt and shoulder harness. Not another good sign. But it was a nice flight to Golfito, over the beautiful mountains with the Pacific and green valleys passing beneath us. Very noisy, but much to our delight one of the passengers had visited Eugene many times because his son worked and went to the University there. Small world.
    Don't know how much as changed, probably not too much.

• Eco-Tourism

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Zancudo? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Instant Answers: Zancudo

Comments

Zancudo Travel Guide
Map of Zancudo