Machu Picchu Restaurant, San José

5 out of 5 stars 5 Reviews

• Machu Picchu Restaurant - see name in blue sphere
    Machu Picchu Restaurant - see name in...
    by besbel
  • besbel's Profile Photo

Machu Picchu Restaurant: Machu Picchu Restaurant

by besbel Updated Jul 21, 2003

Machu Picchu Restaurant - see name in blue sphere

As a Peruvian, it was a great surpise to find such a nice Peruvian restaurant in San José! Located in downtown, this place, decorated with typical Peruvian pictures and rugs, offers you a variety of dishes from my country, although made with Costa Rican ingredients and season.

Favorite Dish: I would recommed you:
    - as an aperitive, the pisco sour (our national drink made of pisco and lemon, but try just half cup, please, because it reaches to your head really fast),
    - as for the dishes, you can choose among cebiche (fish marinated with lemon juice), pescado a la chorrillana (fish with a special onion salad), arroz chaufa (special Chinese-Peruvian dish with rice and chicken cooked alltogether with soya sauce), and chicken flamboyed with red wine, among others.

• Machu Picchu: The Real Deal Great Surprise

by haskarte Written Oct 9, 2011

On my fourth trip to Costa Rica my girlfriend and I discovered this gem, I have always been disappointed in my restaurant
    experiences in Costa Rica and this restaurant changed my point of view. I have spent allot of time in Peru love Peruvian cuisine and when this restaurant was recommended to us I have to admit I was somewhat pessimistic. I was wrong, we both really enjoyed it and we ended up eating there 6 times in
    8 days and it would have been more except we took a weekend road trip to
    Guanacaste. Highly recommended!!!

Favorite Dish: Cebiche de Corbina, classic Peruvian Cebiche of very fresh Corbina.
    Aguadito de pollo, great typical peruvian soup of chicken in a Culantro based sauce, perfect.
    Tiradito, thin sliced corbina in a lime sauce similar to cebiche but with kind of a aji amarillo kick. Good.
    My girlfriend loved the chicha morada drink.

• sfphototraveller's Profile Photo

Machu Picchu Restaurant: Great Seafood. Try the Sour Pisco

by sfphototraveller Written Sep 16, 2005

I ate of both of the Machu Picchu restaurant.
    Great seafood. Try the Sour Pisco drink.
    There was another place up the block from soda peru near the corner with large glass window facing street. I forgot the name but almost had same thing as MP but cheaper and much smaller.

Favorite Dish: I had the Seabass, and stuff seabass, and trout, and others I forgot.

• Machu Picchu: Over-hyped

by aliang9 Written Jun 5, 2003

The food was good, but I think it is over-hyped. Maybe it was the dishes we ordered. The steak in wine sauce and the stir fried pasta was very mediocre. The appetizer,(ceviche on the rocks and the fish soup) were very good.

Favorite Dish: Fish soup

• Luis_Alberto's Profile Photo

Another great restaurant in...

by Luis_Alberto Written Aug 24, 2002

Another great restaurant in San Jose, is Machu Picchu, Peruvian Restaurant. When I was there, it was pretty crowded, and it took quite a long time to get a table.
    A good Peruvian Restaurant in the center of San Jose.

Favorite Dish: 'Aji de Gallina', 'Tamalitos', excellent 'Pisco Sours'

Instant Answers: San José

Comments

Hotels Near Machu Picchu Restaurant
4.5 out of 5 stars