Camagüey Restaurants

by Luchonda

Most Recent Restaurants in Camagüey

• I wish I remembered it was so bad here: Beyond awful

by socheid Written Mar 26, 2012

There's an 'Italian' place on Maceo (the curved drag in the city centre) in which I ordered a plate of spaghetti. Naively, I sat back to relax while expecting to wait 10 - 15 mins for my dish to be cooked. The plated spaghetti was in front of me in 60 secs with some tomato sauce poured on that tasted like it was poured directly from a carton and heated. I wouldn't have believed it was so possible to over cook pasta. It was near disentegrating into a soup like slop. It tasted appalling as did the sauce. Cheap as heck I suppose but no use if you can't get past the 1st couple of bites.

• ainsleigh's Profile Photo

Bodegan Don Cayetano: Laid back, cheap and tasty

by ainsleigh Updated Mar 23, 2008

We came across this tavern on our first visit into the city centre of Camaguey, and after a whole morning of hot bus travel we were starving. This place has these long bar-style bench tables extending onto Republica street that make it a nice place to drink a slightly-watery-but-good mojito, chill out and watch the busy street.

The menu has lots of really cheap options, mostly quick and easy pub-style stuff like chorizo tapas and sandwiches. I had tuna on toast that was spicy and really good, and my partner had the special Camagueyan stew which he said was awesome.

Favorite Dish: The special Camagueyan stew; beef in a spicy peppery broth.

• ainsleigh's Profile Photo

Hotel Colon Restaurant: Hotel Restaurants are all the same somehow...

by ainsleigh Written Feb 10, 2008

By the second day we were in Camaguey, clouds filled the sky and rain came pouring down. Since we stayed a little ways out of the city centre and didn't want to get soaked, we decided to have a quick lunch at the restaurant in the nearby Hotel Colon.

It was an oddly uncomfortable 45 minutes. We were pretty sure the restaurant was closed, but they gave us a seat near the very back anyways. The only other people in the restaurant were some serving staff and their friends, and a man taking English lessons. The menu was a random offering of touristy Western food, some meat and sauce dishes... the very basics. I had spaghetti which was basically Chef Boyardee, but enjoyed it quite a bit anyway because it had been a long time since pasta.

The upside is that the soda and bottled water was very cheap here, so we stocked up and brought a bunch back to where we were staying. The Hotel Colon itself is also very nice on the inside, until you get to the restaurant.

Favorite Dish: Nothing we had was very good, but then again somehow we weren't expecting gourmet food :)

• Architecture

• Luchonda's Profile Photo

Moises perez estrada: Paladares restaurant

by Luchonda Updated Jan 29, 2004

Lobster meal

The paladares we visited - taxied by bike cycles - just the basic - a poor but CLEAN entrance - some cages for the pet and some cages for the birds !
    But very nice people and - excellent food

Favorite Dish: Lobster - well prepared in a special sauce - some local drinks the inhabitants had to order and buy in the closest shop - after the delicious meal a private show of salsa dancing - produced by a little cassette player.

• Luchonda's Profile Photo

MOISES PEREZ ESTRADA: Do not miss Local Game watching

by Luchonda Written Jan 29, 2004

Hungry species in Cuba

An experience and must to do in Cuba - go for particular diner - reserve one day before the diner so that the inhabitants can buy the food at the local market.

Favorite Dish: No no - no misunderstandings - nor the tiger or a good friend of mine are on the menu.
    But both were hungry !!

Instant Answers: Camagüey

Comments

Camagüey Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Camagüey restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Camagüey sightseeing.