Cayo Coco Restaurants

• Restaurants
    by JennysTravels

Most Recent Restaurants in Cayo Coco

• wandabendik's Profile Photo

Cuban Resturant.: Cuban cultured dishes.

by wandabendik Updated Mar 14, 2007
    Cuban restaurant.

This was my favourite restaurant in the complex.
    The food was Cuban style, cultured culinary delights, in a romantic setting over looking the lagoon.
    The building was divided into the seafood on one side and Cuban on the other.
    The lights were low with candle lit tables, wine and soft drinks were flowing freely.
    In this restaurant the staff were particulary attentive and quick to serve as they had time slots to adhere to.

Favorite Dish: On the two occasions I visited the restaurant I ordered the Cuban lamb it was very tender, which came on a bed of rice with a type of black bean covered in sauce.
    Then as a desert i had a rice pudding which was very nice.

• JennysTravels's Profile Photo

Fontenella: Quick and Slow Service....depends

by JennysTravels Written Oct 21, 2006

Mel & I

We ate here the second night. When you check in they give you three ala carte tickets and you have to make a reservation with the restaurant cordinator. I ordered the veal, which was paper thin and covered with canned mushrooms. It wasn't the greatest but we also had about 6 pina colodas before our 6:30pm reservation. The veal was accompianed by tasteless spagetti and instant watery mash potatoes. Crusty bread was served on the side with individual butter packets...yummy. The red wine was light and airy, pretty pathetic. I don't remember what my friend ordered as I was so enthralled with my dinner.

We came here a second night as people we met gave their tickets. I ordered the lobster wich came with spagetti. Odd.

Favorite Dish: I hope you can tell that Im not that impressed with the food from this place. But take it with a grain of salt.

• JennysTravels's Profile Photo

Beach Bar: Beach Bar Buffet

by JennysTravels Written Oct 21, 2006

Every day from 11am-3pm the beach bar opens the buffet. They offer an array of items. Sliced cabbage, olives, beans, breads, peppers, pickled onions, seafood pasta(cold), dessert items. You can also order ham & cheese sandwhichs, burgers, Cuban sandwhich, fries, daily pasta and seafood.

Favorite Dish: The Cuban Sandwich.

• Spa and Resort

• A quick review of all the restaurants

by UMO905 Updated Sep 7, 2005

Restaurants avaliable was the main buffet restaurant, the international a la carte, the cuban "arena real" and the italian rstaurant, as well as snack bar underneath which I believe was open 24/7.

The Italian was the best, and the pastas appeared to be the best dishes as the pizzas they served were exactly the same as the ones from the snack bar below which were available 24/7.

Buffet restaurant turned out to be our 2nd favourite where they did various foods, you could eat as much or little as you liked, whilst trying to be healthy if u choose to. Some dishes could be cooked to order such as burgers, pasta in various sauces, pancakes and omeletes in the morning, as well as shrimps and chicken.

International restaurant we thought was in a lovely setting on the lagoon, watch the mosquitos though. The food was a real let down, not much choice, the pate was nasty, and the meat for main course was chewy and tough. (we went to the buffet restaurant afterwards!)

Arena Real was brilliant at lunchtime with a beach bbq and also a menu and a buffet. At night though there was hardly anything on the menu??? strange.........???

Favorite Dish: Excellent Dishes included Pasta from the Italian.

Real Arena at lunch go for the Paella, Shrimps, Salmon and the black bean rice, as well as sweet potatoe and pumpkin.

International, dont bother eating, just enjoy the wine and the setting!!

Buffet, Pasta, Pancakes, Ice Cream.

Snack bar go for a pizza (which should cure any late night craving for food!)

• Many Restaurants to Chose From: Reservations Required Except for Buffet

by Tryla Updated Sep 30, 2003

Buffet

There are 7 restaurants at the El Senador. An Italian Restaurant, A Steakhouse, A Cuban Restaurant, A Seafood Restaurant, An Asian Restaurant, a special VIP Restaurant, A Beach Grill and 2 All You Can Eat Buffets.
    For the restaurants you needed to make reservations and as a guest you are only guaranteed 2 reservations per week if my memory serves me right but we were there at a time when it wasn't very busy so we had no trouble getting a reservation anywhere for anytime. The VIP Restaurant costs extra. The Buffets or Beach Grill do not require reservations and dress is very casual.

Favorite Dish: We enjoyed the Italian Restaurant the most. I had pizza (different from Canada), spaghetti, and various other pastas. They give you a whole bottle of wine at your table (I don't drink but my husband enjoyed it very much). :-)
    Most nights we were serenaded by local musicians who would do requests. They also offered their CD for sale. The ambiance was wonderful. Tip: Bring little packages of pepper from restaurants at home because their pepper is tasteless for some reason.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Hemingway's: Lots to Choose From

by Bwana_Brown Updated Jul 29, 2003

Snack at Hemingway's

The Club Tryp resort had a number of places to eat on its vast grounds, including 4 international restaurants, a pizza parlour, beachfront grills and various walk-in buffet restaurants. The international restaurants required booking your evening reservation earlier in the day but this was not a problem. We cycled through them all and really enjoyed both the food and the service. The other restaurants were also very good if you were in a more informal frame of mind. Photo of Hemingway's Bar & Grill on the beach - served excellent BBQ, fries and cold drinks.

• Melia Cayo Coco: Book early to eat a la carte

by SueC-UK Written Jun 6, 2003

There is an excellent choice of a la carte restaurants at the Melia should you fancy a change from the buffet. The best advice I can give is to ignore the reps advice of booking the day before for your choice of a la carte dining - book as soon as you can - if not your choice will be booked up unless you are very lucky.

• Resturants with in Tryp Resort: Lots of choice

by sbbdragon Written Mar 2, 2003

There are many resturants within the resort and they all have different themes. One was Italian which the portions were huge. A Cuban themed one that we likes the best mainly a pork menu. An international resturant which was just as the name implies. Then a few seafood places which I can't comment on but which other people stated were good. And then of course all the beach grills as they were called. They had a wide variety of food including a buffet with fresh salad and fruits. The main dinning area was the buffet within the hotel building proper which ran 3 times a day and there you could choose from a wide variety of foods which unless they were custom made for you I found tasty but usually cold. They also could use more spices.
    For the speciality resturants you had to make a reservation, some as much as 3 days in advance. Which was strange because there were always empty tables. But the staff were the best part of the meal they try to make your meal as enjoyable as possible.

Favorite Dish: I don't really have a favourite dish but what I looked forward to the most was the fresh fruit. The pineapple was the best I have ever eaten and the same goes for the bananas and grapefruit.
    Being of German background I loved all the pork meals which I had a few with the different sauces. The best one at the Cuban resturant.

• Anita_Porec's Profile Photo

All the restaurants are...

by Anita_Porec Written Nov 9, 2002

All the restaurants are located in the hotels and are all inclusive to the guest staying there.

EXCEPTION- at the Tryp Cayo Coco hotel, there is a standard plan (this includes only buffett) and Superior Plan ( this includes all the a la carte restaurants).

Food is best at El Senador, Melia Cayo Coco, and Melia Cayo Guillermo.
    Most of the food in Cuba is prepared with local spices (which I enjoy) but may be to blunt for some tastes. If you like pepper, paprika, curi.... feel free to bring some with you, as chances are you will not find it here.

Favorite Dish: Crab legs, lobster, squid, calamari, ...seafood?!

Instant Answers: Cayo Coco

Comments

Cayo Coco Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Cayo Coco restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cayo Coco sightseeing.