Snorkeling, Cayo Coco

Moran
  • Snorkelling, Water Sports, Sunbathing

by UMO905 Written Sep 7, 2005
    Moran

With Thomas Cook we also went on the "Colourful Cuba" day trip which was good value for money. After arriving in "Moran" the nearest main town (where most of the workers at the hotel complex are from), we embarked upon a horse and cart which took us through the streets of "Moran". The trip then carried on and included a visit to an old Sugar Cane Plant, a ride on a steam train through the countryside, Buffet style lunch, ride on a fast speedboat on a shallow lake, then up a river (great fun, but have your pesos ready at the end for a tip as it is brilliant), then we visited a crocodile farm where it is well worth feeding a croc for a peso. A brilliant trip.

We also went on the speedboat snorkelling trip which was excellent as you get to drive your very own speed boat through the lakes and mangroves. Snorkelling is then done in a river with a strong current, all equipment is provided and a guide rope is in place to pull yourself along as current is quite strong. All fish were marine fish but some different ones were seen compared to the trip out to sea.

• Water Sports

• pirategirl's Profile Photo

Snorkelling

by pirategirl Written Aug 3, 2004

the reef - Cayo Coco

A little-known fact is that Cuba has one of the largest reefs in the world. As you can tell from my photo (taken with an underwater disposable camera), it's very beautiful! If you get a chance to take a snorkelling excursion, do not hesitate, it will be one of the most amazing things you ever do, particularly if you're like me and have never been snorkelling before. You will get right up close to fish, underwater plants, and much more! Snorkelling is very easy to learn, and not dangerous if you go with an experienced guide. You wear lifejackets and flippers to help you swim, as you will get tired out quickly. Don't forget an underwater camera!

If you're interested in seeing more of my underwater photos, please message me and I will happily provide you with a link to my online album.

• Diving and Snorkeling

Instant Answers: Cayo Coco

Comments

Other Things to Do in Cayo Coco