Los Vitrales, Havana

Trocadero y Paseo de Marti (Prado}

• Oana_bic's Profile Photo

Los Vitrales: Los Vitrales inside Casa del Cientifico

by Oana_bic Written Jan 24, 2006

This could be a very good value for money meal but just check before ordering the set menu and stick wit it. We had some salad, very good lobster, rice and mashed potatoes, large glass of wine included for CUC 12 (equival ?10). Pay attention to the price of wine as its imported and could be mediocre quality at outrageous rices (like ?50?!):)
    otherwise its a lively place, weve seen some locals as well and u could sit on the terrace and stare at Passeo del Prado happenings
    here are the pics of a marriage.

• Havana2K3's Profile Photo

Los Vitrales: This one is not in the guide books>

by Havana2K3 Written Apr 6, 2003

Los Vitrales

Los Vitrales did not appear in the many guide books I used for my Havana trip.
    Despite being across from our hotel it took us until day four to give this place a try.
    One evening eight of us walked in and had a look at the menu. The two man wait staff was very happy to see us. For some reason , I don't recall , we decided to try some place else. Our group turned around and headed for the stairs. I remainded behind to thank one of the staff and then headed for the stairs.
    Upon reaching the stairs the group had decided to stay. I turned around to see the staff member I has just thanked watching us.
    I smiled and once we took our first step back toward the tables the biggest Cuban smile you could imagine came over his face. He said something in Cubano which created a whirlwind of activity that had a table for eight set in seconds flat.
    The staff was wonderful.
    During our meal the three man band arrived.
    Los Indomitos the were named. They took requests and even played "Oye Como Va" ala
    Santana for our entertainment.

Favorite Dish: The food was most enjoyable. Chicken , fish ,
    pork.
    I dined on a stuffed pork dish. I don't remember the exact name but it made reference to Uruquay. Highly recommended.

• Architecture