Palacio del Segundo Cabo, Havana
Built between 1772 -1791,upon the demand of the marquis de la Torre, this palace was to host the royal post office or Real Casa de Correos. In 1820, it became the royal tax collectors office, of accounting or the treasury of the army and from 1853,the residence of the segundo cabo,the second governor of the island or assistant to the governor. After the Republic was installed in 1902 it houses the senate until 1929 when it was moved to the Capitolio. Afterward the Supreme tribunal, the museums of arts, library La Bella Habana, then its not public but the guard will let you see it, the wrough iron gates still shows the arms of king Fernando VII
Built in 1772, the baroque style palace was the former residence of the Second Lieutenant. The building is now used by the Cuban Book Institute. There is a bookstore and a gift shop at the side of the entrance. A small restaurant is located by the courtyard.