Visit the Local People
When visiting small towns or villages, locals will likely invite you to their homes. Such was the case with us. We brought with us to Cuba donatable items such as soap, toothpaste, pencils, pens, paper, toys, jewelry, clothes...to give to people in need. Soap in particular is highly valued there, more than money! In return, the locals will invite you to visit their homes, meet their families, and sample the local fruit and coffee. It's a wonderful opportunity to experience the local culture, meet the real people of Cuba, see how they live. Plus, it feels good to know that we have helped in some way these people who have so few material possessions, yet so much spirit!
More on locals on my Canadon and Yaguajay pages.
When you are in Cuba the most...
When you are in Cuba the most important thing you have to do is making new friends. The people in Cuba are so nice, you will love the most of them.
But be aware of the local police. Everybody keeps an eye on everybody !!! But a cowboy like this is fantastic, we gave him a cap and he was happy like a baby.
rent a cab for a day
where to begin, first we went for sight seeing tour, lodster in a sea port, shopping in GuardalavacaRelated to:
- Family Travel
- Horse Riding
When you have a swimm with the...
When you have a swimm with the dolphins in the aquarium stay after everybody have their swimm. You will like them more then the show there is given.Related to:
Very nice....on the beach :) GOOD THINGS: - beach!!!!! - entertainment staff is great:) - drinks &...more
When I consider how ?good? a hotel is, I like to compare my experience to how much I?ve paid for...more
Playa Pesquero, Rafael Freyre, Cuba, Caribbean
Good for: Solo
Latest Holguín Hotel Reviews
- Club Amigo Atlantico Guardalavaca
- Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 4 Reviews
- Occidental Grand Playa Turquesa
- Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 3 Reviews
- Playa Pesquero Hotel
- Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
- Blau Costa Verde Hotel
- Pleasant (2.5 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Explore the World
- Chebba Hotels
- Los Angeles
- Burma Hotels
- Praia da Rocha
- Hermosa Beach Hotels
- Jejuri Hotels
- Bukit Fraser
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Toronto Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path