Santa Clara Off The Beaten Path

• Vikingvicki's Profile Photo

Paradise ?

by Vikingvicki Written Jan 22, 2005

Me swimming

I don't know exactly where this is, it's outside Santa Clara, across a field & over a low wall.
    A lovely place to have a picnic & cool off from the heat of the day.
    I met some of the younger local people and we were invited back the next weekend as it was someones birthday, they ooked the most amazing local dish - Cardosa, there with water from the river, we drank rum and went swimming. Lovely day, lovely people

• Vikingvicki's Profile Photo

Beach life

by Vikingvicki Written Jan 22, 2005

beach life

We took a taxi from Santa Clara to a beach on the east coast. It took about an hour to get there, it was definatley NOT a tourist destination, just a nice beach in a small town.
    I'm afraid I've forgotten the name of the place ( not much use as a tip is it), but I'll have a look and see if I can remember it. There was a little kiosk selling beer & a few snacks. Lucky for this white skinned girl there was also permanent parasols or I would have been even more sun burnt than I was from just 30mins in the sun.
    In the picture you can see a group of people in the background, I was told by my friend that this was actually the local army regiment training !!!! Not bad, eh ? Training on the beach.

• Beaches

Kids

by Luchonda Updated Jan 8, 2004

Local Children

A lot of children next to the monument of "Ernest Ché Guevara" asking for money - pencils or just pieces of soap
    But those ladies just asked me to be pictured
    Lovely faces and thanks to be here !!
    New year 2004 - temperature 28 degrees celsius - It was snowing in Europe !!!

Near the Guevara Memorial

by Luchonda Updated Apr 25, 2004

Another slogan

Santa Clara - The monument of Ché
    The slogan by Fidel : Queremos que sean
    Como el Ché
    There is a museum showing many pictures of a legendary period in world's history.

• Theme Park Trips

Street scenary

by Luchonda Updated Jan 8, 2004

Slogan/oldie and bike

Street scenary in Santa Clara near the famous train station - I got lucky to frame the slogan panel - and old car stopping to pick up a nice lady - and the bike-taxi.

Instant Answers: Santa Clara

Comments

Santa Clara Off The Beaten Path

Reviews and photos of Santa Clara off the beaten path posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Santa Clara sightseeing.