Dominica Local Customs

Enjoying my first Kubuli (11/2013)
  • Local Customs
  • Local Customs

Most Recent Local Customs in Dominica

Chainsaws and Machetes?!

by cjg1 Written Dec 18, 2013

During our tour one of the roads became impassible due to a vey large tree falling down. No worries; every driver seemed to have a machete and even ours had a chainsaw in the van. In five minutes they all had the tree cut up and the road cleared. According to our driver and guide this is a common even they all come prepared for. Another tip: don't *** off your driver ...he has a machete and/or chainsaw...

Kubuli Beer

by cjg1 Updated Nov 22, 2013

Enjoying my first Kubuli (11/2013)

Kubuli Beer is the local beer of the island. I always make it a point to try our the local whenever I visit an island. Aftera tour my wife and I stoped into abr for some cool drinks. This is where I tried Kubuli. I found it to be a nice, light tasting beer very similar to the Piton beer of St. Lucia. It was refreshing in the hot climate and I thouroughly enjoyed it.

The Local People

by cjg1 Written Nov 22, 2013

My wife and I found that the local people were some of the nicest we have encountered in the Caribbean. The island definitely is not the richest and there is alot of unemployment but desoite that the people are still seen smiling and are very friendly. Our local guide Joan was a lovely woman; so sweet and friendly. She and my wife got along very well as she was quite impressed by my wife's knowledge of the local history.

Instant Answers: Dominica

Comments

Dominica Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Dominica local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Dominica sightseeing.