Know about this? Rate It!
A nice walk after work, National Botanical Garden
The Jardin Botanico, located in Santo Domingo, is a wonderful place for nature/bird lovers, families, joggers, couples, and just about anyone else to spend a morning or afternoon. The well-maintained park has a main road the loops around the entire garden, allowing you to see all parts easily. The Japanese garden is lovely and meticuously maintained.
Bird lovers will want to visit in the morning, preferably on a weekday, before the crowds arrive. At the park, you'll see the ubiquitous palmchat, the Hispaniolan woodpecker, hummingbirds, flycatchers, and even aquatic birds such as the purple gallinule. Reptile lovers will want to keep a lookout for fauna; a beautifully patterned little boa slithered across the path when I visited.
The park has a rather noisy train that circles the park. Anxious to finish the last circuit of the day, our driver led us through at what seemed like break-neck speed. The train was pretty crowded, with people leaning out, etc.--not what I'd consider safe. If at all possible, I strongly recommend walking rather than viewing the park by train. You'll see a lot more--and burn the calories from all that Brugal and Presidente you've consumed!
El Jardin Botanico. its a...
El Jardin Botanico. its a beautiful place were you can know a bit more about the fauna and flora of this country.
And also Los Tres Ojos, there you will see how nature can divide three different types of water in the same place by using caves.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Santo Domingo Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Cheung Chau Hotels
- Gulmarg Hotels
- Nuwara Eliya Hotels
- Kenosha Hotels
- Peschiera del Garda
- Chicago Off The Beaten Path
- Colorado Off The Beaten Path
- Georgia Off The Beaten Path
- Boston Off The Beaten Path
- Tennessee Off The Beaten Path
- Washington State Off The Beaten Path
- Philadelphia Off The Beaten Path
- DAY TRIPS AROUND MUMBAI
- Portland Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Rome
- Mackinac Island Off The Beaten Path
- Texas Off The Beaten Path