Reloj del sol - Sundial, Santo Domingo
Reloj del Sol (Clock of the Sun) is located just outside Museo de las Casas Reales at Plaza España.
The clock was built in 1753 by order of Governor Francisco Rubio y Peñaranda. It was positioned so that officials of the ‘Casas Reales’ could see the time with only a glance out their eastern windows.
There is also a nice view of Rio Ozama from Plaza España.