Punta Cana Restaurants

Sea Scape Restaurant
    Las Palmas Buffet Restaurant

Most Recent Restaurants in Punta Cana

• RyanK18's Profile Photo

The Salty Monkey: Wow! How did I not find this place sooner?!?

by RyanK18 Written Mar 22, 2013

Not the best pic...taken from the beach

This place was great! From the thatch roof to the open dining and even an old wooden boat sticking through the from of the building :) I recommend dining on the top of the boat. Best veiw from this beach front restaurant.

After dinner, we sat at one of the tables they have on the beach and enjoyed a few (ok...a lot) of cold drinks. Old fishing shack next door...we watched the locals and the water for hours. I drank a bit too much and the guy that runs the place (a great local named Herman) arranged to get us a ride back to the hotel...at half the price it cost us to get there!!

I'm thinking the pretty local girls hanging out there were wishing I was single :/

The open air seating was beautiful...the Presidente was cold and delicious. I'll be going back for sure

Favorite Dish: I had the lobster (I think they called it the languista?) and it was some of the best I've ever tasted. They cut it in half and grill it...put it on a bed of rice...my mouth is watering as I type!

• LA TAVOLARA: NEW RESTAURANT IN PUNTA CANA.. BAVARO

by marcyk Written Jan 1, 2012

THIS NEW RESTAURANT IS IN A SMALL PLAZA ( plaza dorado #105 ) in Bavaro, punta cana (los corales).
    IT is owned by a wonderful Haitian woman and her Italian husband who are there every day from 10-closing (whenever you leave!). When the didnt have a vegetarian dish I wanted, the very next night they made us a vegetarian lasagna that was fantastic and offered us an aperitif, on the house. They had us try the local rum and the haitian rum and also the italian desserts they make fresh every day. YOU WILL LOVE IT. (although, to be totally honest, I do have to say that the bread basket was dry).
    BY the way, this plaza has a french bakery and a russian restaurant and a supermarket, and you can get a wonderful condo to rent right there (with a pool) instead of the very expensive all inclusives along the beach. It is only a 5 minute walk to the beach. Go to http://www.reliablerealtydr.com/

Favorite Dish: EVerything is great, from salad to dinner to the delicious tiramisu that they make there. Great drinks and wonderful owners

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

GRAND PARADISE RESTAURANTS: EXCELLENT VARIETY

by LoriPori Written Nov 27, 2008

La Cana

After the beaches, to me the most important part of an all-inclusive vacation is the food. Grand Paradise Bavaro offered Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner daily with 8 restaurants including 6 a' la carte.
    La Laguna Buffet Restaurant was the site for our breakfast buffet. Breakfast was one of my favourites as they offered eggs any way you wished, meats (ham, sausage, bacon), wonderful variety of cheeses, every kind of bread & croissants, fruit (mango, pineapple, papaya, grapefruit, passion fruit and oranges), yogourts, juices and coffee/tea. La Laguna was also the site of evening a' la carte.
    La Cana Grill was the beach site for buffet lunch. Here, the menu was the same every day - roast chicken (which was delicious), hamburgs, hotdogs, pizza, rice, french fries, sandwich section, fruit and salad station and beverage station. La Cana was also the site of evening a' la carte. You have to have reservations for a' la carte of which you get two. We chose La Cana for one night. I had Chicken Fajitas which was delicious. I got a generous plate of stir-fried chicken, along with four tortillas and containers of salsa and guacamole'. Very enjoyable.
    Las Palmas was the site for the evening buffet. They offered a wonderful variety of food, even a suckling pig one night. I think that was "Dominican" night along with Dominican dishes.
    The Sea Scape Restaurant was their a' la carte seafood restaurant and it was also located by the beach. I must say I was not impressed with the meal. I chose seafood stuffed chicken breast. The chicken was OK but the "seafood" was tuna - Yuck! Very strange combination. I left most of it on my plate.
    Other restaurants included Manglar Restaurant, Michelangelo (Italian), Asia Restaurant (Chinese) and Taino Restaurant.

• Hibachi

by geskya03 Written Jun 20, 2008

The food was excellent. This is a must do if your staying at the bahia principe. Sushi is the starter, followed by a small salad with fried shrimp and calamari, and then soup which is all given while your watching the cook. Then you are served rice with your choice of chicken, shrimp, steak and fish. I choose all of them and they are all delicious. After dinner they take you in the middle section where you eat dessert. I had fried ice cream YUMMY

• Diving and Snorkeling
    • Luxury Travel

• jenrb73's Profile Photo

Hard Rock ~ Punta Cana: A MUST!

by jenrb73 Written Dec 22, 2007

Hard Rock ~ Punta Cana  :)

OMG! Great Food and Service!
    The taxi ride from the resort to Hard Rock was a bit crazy though. Just close your eyes!

Favorite Dish: Bacon Cheeseburger well-done with onion rings and Nacho Platter! Nice portions!
    It was also my friend's Birthday and they gave her a birthday sundae with a cute candle.

• Beer Tasting

• quartinb's Profile Photo

buffet

by quartinb Updated Sep 16, 2006

self service restaurant.
    one of the best things in a all-inclusive resort.
    a great variety of food, meat, fish, etc along with all kinds of potatoes ,
    rice, and pasta to go along with.
    nice deserts, and being a south american country of course,
    they offer all kinds of fruits.

• thetimidtraveller's Profile Photo

Mare Norstrum: MMMnnnnnn Buffet

by thetimidtraveller Written Jun 23, 2006

Every morning we would open our sleepy eyes and I would be half out of bed getting dressed to head down to breakfast. Now it didn't help matters that we usually slept til we almost missed the most important meal of the day. We had to do it though.. had to rush for the yummy cafe con leche that I could NOT have made it through the day without. The buffet was wonderful as well. Croissants and fresh fruit. Bacon and eggs and even an omlette station. Everything that you could want and more.

• upesnlwc's Profile Photo

Don't Miss the Garden Grille

by upesnlwc Written Jan 12, 2006

Each eatery on the resort is nice in it's own way. We tried five of the seven and were happy with them all. If I had to do it all again though, I would have made more reservations at the Garden Grille, the Bahia Principe's steak house. The presentation was wonderful, the food was delicious, and the service was bar none.

By the way...The resort is all-inclusive, so eat whatever and as much as you want.

Favorite Dish: The Beef Tenderloin. While not up to a Ruth's Chris, or Morton standard, this is the best cut of meat I ate all week.

• toemayn's Profile Photo

the two resturants at the riu bambu: food, food and more food

by toemayn Written Sep 24, 2005

open 24 hrs.

Most of the cooked food needed seasoned better and they did have spices you could add. One restaurant was open 24hrs. the other was fancier and reservations were required. the ambiance was beautiful. There was 4 differant bars all the bartenters were great my favorite was Wilton.

Favorite Dish: The appitizers were all very good

• Luxury Travel

• micas_pt's Profile Photo

Restaurants in the resort: All Inclusive Resort

by micas_pt Updated Sep 8, 2005

Buffet restaurant by the beach, at the resort

In this resort you can find several restaurants whether buffet or a la carte. The options are varied, meaning that you won’t get tired of always going to the same place during your stay there.

The food is good, not outstanding, but it is varied with lots of different plates to choose from. In the buffet restaurants you will eat international food and the a la carte restaurants are thematic: Japanese, Mediterranean, Italian, Mexican, sea food and Asian.

Breakfast is very good; I still remember the pancakes with hot chocolate, and the freshly made fruit juices.

Favorite Dish: Both the lobby bar and the pool bar have excellent Piña Coladas.

• luvthesun's Profile Photo

Captain Cooks Restaurant: Tourist Trap? So what!!

by luvthesun Written Sep 19, 2004

Plate for two!

For $45pp/usd-you get transportation to and from hotel, fries, salad, all the wine, rum and mamajuanas you can drink and oh yeah don't forget the 2 foot diameter plate of seafood-lobster, shrimp, prawns, crab, calamari, oyster, clams and scallops-2 people/plate-Awesome food-you also get a roaming marachi trio,and did I mention the mamajuanas??? Totally worth it!

• JoeJulieCanada's Profile Photo

The Jellyfish: Dont Miss This One

by JoeJulieCanada Written Mar 2, 2004

Lobster of the House

We are back to reality,(Home)-Ottawa,Canada,- and already miss the Jellyfish dinner we had. We did some reading on the net about this restaurant before we left and decided that we have to try this place out. We asked around our hotel (The Taino) and everybody was recommending the Capt.Hook restaurant but it seemed to me that they were getting a commission and that turned us away. So we followed our first plan -The Jellyfish-. We arrived there and was greeted by the owners -Gabriel and Wanda- Told them about reading other reviews and they were delighted. We ordered appetizers, and Gabriela sent over a fine bottle of wine on the house which was a welcome taste compared to all inclusive resort wine !! They took the time to explain the restaurant and their plans. When my Lobster of the House arrived I nearly fell off my chair.-wow- Now that's Lobster. Huge serving. Dinner was amazing and priced moderately.I would consider this place a must for all vacationers.We enjoyed being pampered. Gabriel , if you are reading this ,We are going to send you a Canadian flag for your palm tree. !! If you plan on going say Hi to Gabriel and Wanda For us.Thank-you . Joe and Julie

Favorite Dish: I had the lobster of the house and it was great .Two tails married together and baked.
    It was huge !!! Need I say more.

• toontown's Profile Photo

Riu hotels: Excellent espresso

by toontown Written Jan 5, 2004

All of the Riu hotels in Punta Cana serve mostly buffet and some a la carte. Besides the Caribe Grill at Riu Palaca Macao, the a la carte restauarants are quite good but nothing special. The buffets are very nice, with a good selection for all tastes. Lots of fresh local fruit. There were three theme nights for dinner while we there: Dominican food, Mexican food, and a Christmas Eve dinner, with cocktails and entertainment in the lobby prior to dinner each evening. All-inclusive food tends to be quite bland, but I would have to say that this was much better than average and we were very satisfied.

Favorite Dish: If you're a coffee lover, don't miss the espresso and hot milk machines you can help yourself to at any time. The coffee is local and it's delicious!

• Spa and Resort

• woohooboo2003's Profile Photo

JellyFish: Fresh Lobster and Giant Tigar Shrimp Daily

by woohooboo2003 Updated Jan 1, 2004

Fresh Lobster Daily

The Jellyfish is a two story building located right on the beach in Punta Cana. The main level consists of a dining room with a bar, the second level is a casual sitting area with comfortable chairs, a couch, coffee tables and a hammock for your enjoyment. The structure is open to view the beach which is private because of it's location to the resorts, When sunning on the beach you may be the only person with in a hundred feet. and that's on a busy day. In the evening the lighting of the restaurant gives the appearance of a jellyfish in the ocean. It is spectacular. and provides a romantic setting for dinner, or a great place for large groups to reserve for private parties. I enjoyed every moment I was there. 4 of my 7 day trip, I spent at the Jellyfish. So much for the 5 star resort I paid for, I never really saw it
    Enjoy pics at

Favorite Dish: Lobster of the House,
    A wonderfully displayed two tail lobster dish. The lobsters are split on the top and pushed together for a beautiful presentation. The meat of both tails is then placed on top of the shell for baking. It was wonderful. I started the meal with the seafood salad, I would estimate 2 cups of Lobster, shrimp, calamari, squid, tossed in a light vinigerette dressing and placed on a bed of shredded lettuce.
    I highly recommend both these dishes

• Mexico Lindo: The best restaurant by far!!

by Nikdoll3 Updated Mar 19, 2003

Most of the food at all the other places was good, but Mexico Lindo was by far the BEST!!!. it had by far the best service and the best food. You could go up to the buffet and make your own tacco or order what you wanted. the dessert was really good also. you never had to ask for a refill on you drink unlike other places.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish would be the chicken soft shell from the buffet and the little ham wraps they had.

• School Holidays

Instant Answers: Punta Cana

Comments

Punta Cana Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Punta Cana restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Punta Cana sightseeing.