Cabarete Restaurants

• Restaurants
    by robnsandi
    Mmmm.....Coco Loco!
    by leongarf
    Italian restaurant in the hotel
    by Umfufu

Most Recent Restaurants in Cabarete

• Ceko3's Profile Photo

Bayrischer Hof: Big portions with quality prep

by Ceko3 Updated Jan 1, 2009

I feel bad that I have not commented before now since I live here in Cabarete on my favorite restaurant. You enter into a very clean hof brau style eating area where the menu is extensive with a seperate menu for their specials that changes every week. The kitchen is completly in the open and is spotless.

Favorite Dish: They serve a pork fillet with onion and mushroom sauce, half and half that covers your large plate. You have the option of sauteed or mashed potatoes or a German noodle. It is a challenge to eat it all. That is my favorite but I try not to order it very time I go or I would get fat. When he has it on special I have the Hungarian stew with red cabbage. The best part beside the good taste is the excellent price. $12 for the port fillet and $7.50 for the stew.

• Water Sports

• Ceko3's Profile Photo

Bayrischer Hof: Big portions with quality prep

by Ceko3 Written Jan 1, 2009

• Blu: 'Sublime'

by KCW1084 Updated Apr 8, 2008

The best place we visited in Cabarete and everywhere was good! Fine dining on the beach on big sofa cushions. Great service from Angelo and his team of highly attentive staff.

Favorite Dish: Chateaubriand with mashed potato, fillet mignon with rice, the meat just melts in your mouth and the sauces are something to die for!

• Surfing

• Jose O'Shays: Great cooking

by KCW1084 Written Apr 8, 2008

Cant understand previous negative reviews, this was a great all rounder, we tried loads of staff including burgers, cottage pie, pizza and steaks, all were great. If you fancy a bit of a break from Calypso/Caribbean music the stuff they play in there is also great, I could have sat all afternoon with a beer listening to Lynnard Skynnard, The Eagles, Led Zep and Rod Stewart! Very laid back, good for sports too if you have to have your Premiership fix.

Favorite Dish: All of it was great.

• Surfing
    • Golf

• Restaurant Inside Hotel Alegria: Cheap Fine Dining Near The Beach

by gwfed Written Feb 27, 2008

This is the only place I enjoyed a fresh meal in Cabarete. If you've been to Cabarete more than once, you'll know that the amount of good restaurants is very limited. Last time I went I finally found a place where I became a regular. You can tell that the food at this place is fresher than any other place in Cabarete and at low prices. Best of all for me is that the restaurant/hotel staff speaks English, German, Dutch, French, etc.

Favorite Dish: Try any of the salads or fish dishes. Very hard not to get sick in Cabarete from salad or fish but here the food is right on point.

• Study Abroad

• Martinis Beach Bar and Grill: Clean, New and Great Food

by robnsandi Updated Mar 30, 2007

This restaraunt has a large menu and is very enjoyable. They are putting on Taco Tuesday with an all you can eat taco bar, and we're hearing rumors of a Wing Night to be starting.
    Happy hour is from 4 to 6 pm nightly.

Favorite Dish: Jalapeno poppers, fish and chips, and the ground steak burger.
    They also have great pork chops and fresh fish steak.

• Business Travel

• leongarf's Profile Photo

Jose O'Shays: Irish Pub Anyone??

by leongarf Written Apr 24, 2006

Mmmm.....Coco Loco!

Good place for a burger....especially after eating beans and rice the entire week. Great drinks and good live music every night.

Favorite Dish: You have to try the Natural Pina Colada (made with fresh pineapple) and Coco Loco (served in a coconut).

• Beer Tasting

• j_flowers's Profile Photo

Cabarete Blue: Avoid Cabarete Blue - Rude and Stupid: A Bad Comb

by j_flowers Updated May 31, 2005

With service this bad, the food has to be very good to make up for it. Needless to say, the food wasn't even close at this restaurant on beach.

We had to pay by credit card in order to conserve our last pesos for the cab to the airport. The menu listed several credit cards that they accept, and we confirmed this with the man that turned out to be one of the owners. Unfortunately, when we gave them our credit card to pay, the waiter came back with the line, 'eet no work.' My girlfriend asked him in Spanish what the problem was and he responded, 'eet no work.' After several rounds of the 'eet no work' game, I began to wonder if our waiter even spoke Spanish, or if he had been trained to do this. We then asked to speak to the owner or manager.

The owner came over to our table and very graciously (lying through his teeth) explained that their card reader wasn't working. Well, that's easy, I say, punch in the number. No, now it's that the little box doesn't work. Again, no problem, I say, just call the number on the back of the card. No, they can't afford international calls. Oh, did I mention it's a toll-free number? No, now they don't even have a working phone line. Well, which is it, the card reader, the box(modem thingy), or the phone line. All of them, he says. This was really unbelievable. If you're wondering why they wouldn't want me to use a credit card see my post on credit cards and sales tax.

Well, at this point, we were almost ready to just walk away, screw them. The people at the table next to us offered to distract the owner. In the end, we decided not to risk incarceration and we paid the bill in cash, forcing another trip to the ATM and its nasty charges.

Oh, did I mention they got my order wrong? I ordered chicken napolitano over linguine, but they served me spaghetti with a plain tomato sauce, no chicken. What did I see the owner eating as I waited for the right dish? You guessed it, the same dish I ordered. That's a not a coincidence because it's not on the menu! Bastard!

• Sandros: local cuisine - try it

by sunshinenow Written Apr 26, 2005

when i asked what local food was like, i was told it was mostly rice and beans. three of us went here. it was the only 'local' place i noticed on this touristy strip of town. we ordered from the counter, they brought us the food. i can't remember what prices were on the menus, but their certainly were not prices up on the boards. i think the prices depended on who you were. i honestly don't remember what i paid.

Favorite Dish: i got the garlic shrimp. i wouldn't suggest it though. they really cook the shrimp well done here, and at all the other places we had shrimp. but the rice and beans was good. some cabbage side salad was good. this is where a local interrupted my eating to tell me to sprinkle salt on my plantain. we liked the food. i recommend giving it a try.

• Work Abroad

• KITE CAFE (i think that's what it was called?): great stop on the way to and from water sports

by sunshinenow Updated Apr 26, 2005

australian owned. this was between cabarete and playa encuentro go here! i'm not sure about the name though. it was on the north side of the street, the sign said kite something on it. there's a drive way to pull in...the building is yellow. you walk through a covered area, like an open attached garage, almost, and in back there are picnic tables, you order at the window. i forget the owners name, but he was very friendly. one of our surf instructors took us here. he told us he eats here everyday for lunch.

Favorite Dish: ceasar salad with spicy tuna steakon top, bottle of coca-cola, 150 pesos, so good! try to go here.

they had other standards like burgers and chicken sandwiches, as well as quesadillas.

• School Holidays

• la casa de pescador: fine dining

by sunshinenow Updated Apr 26, 2005

my most expensive meal. at the beach front entrance, there is a fountain with large crustaceans of some sort. maybe clawless lobsters? some were really big, but they had all sizes.

table cloths. experienced, fine dining staff.

Favorite Dish: i had: bread and butter, beef carpaccio in a vinegrette with cool minced carrots and celery, tagliatelli pasta with smoked salmon in a cream sauce, an espresso, 1045.80 pesos

• Work Abroad

• paradise: best ceasar salad i've had in a long time

by sunshinenow Written Apr 26, 2005

this place was nice. i want to say i remember candles, table cloths, greenery weaved into white crossed trellises, white christmas lights into the ceiling above the bar, music playing from a boombox. the servers spoke french and english. one girl told me she was french canadian.

this place was close to my hotel. every night, it was full when i walked by. i ate here my last night. i sat at the bar, not wanting to hog a whole table when the place was packed. service was friendly and prompt.

Favorite Dish: ceasar salad with some sort of bacon on it (really good casear)

beef filet with roquefort cheese sauce (a little tough, but i loved the sauce) side dish

red wine, a beer, and two bottles of soda water,

830 pesos

• china restaurant: unexpected pleasure - chinese in the DR

by sunshinenow Updated Apr 26, 2005

*good* chinese, reasonable prices, i recommend this place. good service. ( didn't write down the specifics) i seriously wish this place was closer to home. good chinese is hard to find.

Favorite Dish: i ordered an eggroll. it was bigger than any eggroll i've ever had. and so good. full of goodies. it is not vegetarian, but i didn't write down what was in it. a few meats, i think, like maybe shrimp and chicken? i don't remember.

i also got some garlic chicken dish. very good. came with perfectly sticky, white rice.

• Jose O'Shay's: Save yourself the greif, don't go here.

by sunshinenow Updated Apr 26, 2005

i was going to go through all the restaurants, but in reality, i was there for eight nights and there's only one place that i'd tell you to avoid: Jose O'Shay's.

the food wasn't actually horrible, but it wasn't anything great. the service was pretty bad here. and i don't just mean carribean slow.

waitresses often forgot about what we'd order. classic inexperienced server stuff. probably due to crappy management. it was clear to me that they can't hang on to employees.

upon discussing it with other tourists, we were at least happy to learn that it wasn't just us. this place sux.

Favorite Dish: we ate here twice, because a friend was vegetarian and she'd seen they had french fries, meatless nachos and pancakes on the menu. also, it wasn't cheap. i remember my english muffin, which wasn't even a good english muffin, was 134 pesos, or something like that. the place was not cheap.

the food was pretty good everywhere else i went.

• School Holidays

• most everywhere: espressos and coffee

by sunshinenow Updated Apr 26, 2005

they call espresso "espresso" here, not cafe. usually 50 pesos. i tried to order double espressos, but i don't think anyone knew what i meant. just order another afterwards, if you want two. it seemed that every place i went had an espresso machine.

coffee was good everywhere. i should have brought some back with me.

Instant Answers: Cabarete

Comments

Cabarete Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Cabarete restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cabarete sightseeing.