Santa Ana Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Santa Ana

Lover's Steakhouse

by MalenaN Updated Apr 4, 2011

Big meals

Lover’s Steakhouse is well visited and it is understandable as it is a great restaurant with yummy food and very big portions. The menu is extensive with lots of meat and seafood dishes. One of the dishes consists of a whole roasted rabbit, but I chose BBQ ribs.
    While I waited for the main dish I got a soup and some nacho chips. When the main dish arrived the vegetables were decorated as flowers and a cactus. I also got bread with the meal. It all tasted very good, but because of the amount I could not finish everything.
    The BBQ-ribs were 12 dollars (June 2009) and a coca-cola 1.25 dollars. A 10% tip was also included in the bill.

The restaurant serves breakfast (from 7am), lunch and dinner.

When I visited the restaurant they had leaflets saying they were soon moving to a new location. Looking at the website I can see that the old address is still in use there, so here I will write down both of them.

Old address: 4a Av. Sur y 17 Calle Pte
    New address: 21 Calle Oriente, Barro San Miguelito Entre Av. Independencia y 3 Avenida Sur

El Sin Rival

by MalenaN Written Oct 27, 2009

Sorbet at El Sin Rival

In one corner of Parque Libertad I saw an ice-cream café and headed there. At the entrance there were several drunken men though so I continued a bit further along the road and came to El Sin Rival, another ice-cream café. At El Sin Rival they have sorbets in different flavours and they are all homemade with natural ingredients.
    For a cup with two flavours I paid 1 dollar (June 2009).

In 1953 señor Emiliano Rivera Landaverde started to sell ice-cream with the flavours blackberry and sweet milk from a street cart. It has now developed into several El Sin Rival ice-cream cafés.

Opening hours are between 10 - 21 on Mondays - Fridays and between 9 - 21 on Saturdays - Sundays.

The Coffee Cup

by MalenaN Written Oct 16, 2009

Outside The Coffee Cup

When I drink coffee I normally only drink black coffee. I don’t like to have milk or other things in my coffee. But since my last visit to Italy I have started to drink cappuccino too. At the café The Coffee Cup in Metrocentro in Santa Ana they have a big variety of cold and hot coffee drinks. I decided to try a cappuccino with vanilla flavour and to my surprise I found it yummy. The smallest size of the drink was 2.80 dollars (June 2009).

Food at Parque Nacional Los Vulcanes (Cerro Verde

by MalenaN Updated Oct 4, 2009

Making pupusas

I had brought snacks from Santa Ana for the volcano hike, but if you don’t have enough to eat there is a small place by the parking lot at the National Park where you can buy more. They sell drinks, bisquits, crisps, cakes and food. In the back of the house there is a woman selling pupusas and I bought one before the hike. It was not as good as the ones I had eaten the previous day and it was more expensive, 1 dollar for one pupusa (June 2009), or was it 50 cent.

Coming back from the hike there were quite some time left before the bus came and I started to get hungry. First I bought some more snacks, but then I saw the police men had ordered food so I bought a soup. The soup was good value, it was big, tasted good and was 1 dollar. They also had a chicken meal.

Pupusas

by MalenaN Written Oct 3, 2009

Making pupusas

Pupusas are typical El Salvadorian food and it can be bought at food stalls all around the country. They are thick tortillas stuffed with minced pork meat, beans, cheese or vegetables. You tell the sales woman which filling you want and she takes a piece of dough, form the tortilla with the filling and put it on the stove. So it is nice and warm when you get it. With the pupusas a tomato sauce and pickled vegetables are served.

The woman on the photo has a food stall just up the road from Casa Frolaz in Santa Ana. I bought two pupusas, one with pork meat and one with cabbage, and they both tasted very good. I brought them back to Casa Frolaz to eat there and got the tomato sauce and pickled vegetables in small plastic bags. The two pupusas were 0.70 dollars (June 2009).

Food court at Metrocentro

by MalenaN Written Oct 1, 2009

Fast food

Metrocentro is a big shopping mall in the south part of the city and as most big shopping malls it has a big food court with many fast food restaurants like McDonald’s, Burger King, KFC, Subway, Pizza Hut and Campo Pollo. I don’t normally like these kind of places but this day I wanted to have a hamburger with fries. I chose to eat at Burger King and had a BBQ Stactic, French fries and a sprite, and it was 3.49 dollars (June 2009).

• gdilieto's Profile Photo

Lover's Steakhouse: A Memorable Experience

by gdilieto Updated Aug 18, 2008

I usually do not necessarily agree with Lonely Planet's reviews of eateries and restaurants but this time they got it hell right. Lover's Steakhouse is a tremendous choice for fine dining at an amazingly decent price. Extensive menu of beef and seafood. The four of us we all got beef dishes. Food of all was delicious, well prepared and served. Service attentive, the place pleasant. Price of all beef main courses in the US$10 range with a complimentary sample of appetizer coming with an alcoholic drink. If I ever get back in town I won't waste a minute and go eat at this restaurant.

A little out of track close to the main bus station. After dark you may want to take a taxi to get there.

Favorite Dish: I tried only the beef fillet and the beef tenderloin and they were both just delicious, served with side of potatoes and veggie and enriched with fruit decorations. Nice to see and delicious to eat.

Instant Answers: Santa Ana

Comments

Santa Ana Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Santa Ana restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Santa Ana sightseeing.