Le Gosier Travel Guide

by sh_rey_rey

Le Gosier Hotels

Le Gosier Restaurants

• by sh_rey_rey Written Aug 28, 2004

It's a small restaurant and you sit outside. The people there make it one in a million for they speak english and they love to laugh and joke around with you.

Favorite Dish: steak and fries. The steak was called boned. (pronounced bone ed) Me and my friend had a hard time eating the food in Guadeloupe. Most of the time we found the dishes to be unfilling and they usually didn't taste the best either. However, when we tried the steak and fries here at this restaurant we actually enjoyed our meal! I also tried Creme Brulay there and it was very good. What makes the restaurant stand out though is that the people that worked there were awesome. We laughed so hard with one of the waiters there named Julian. There's also a second waiter and the cook that are good natured as well. Both waiters speak english.

Le Gosier Shopping

• Sara's shop

by sh_rey_rey Written Jul 16, 2005

A little vendor shop on the side of the street.
    What makes it so special is the chance to talk with the people that live in Gosier. Sara is the name of the woman that I got a chance to converse with and her laugh would brighten anyon's day.

What to buy: There's not really any extraordinary shopping in Le Gosier because it's a really small town. However, there were a couple shops and some vendor shops such as this that you can find some really cute things in. It's a nice cultural experience, and a chance to drink in the local experience.

• Study Abroad

Le Gosier What to Pack

• by sh_rey_rey Written Jul 16, 2005

Miscellaneous: I wish I had brought more snacks on this trip. When I got to Guadeloupe I had no clue that my body wouldn't agree with most of the food. In fact I really couldn't eat most of it. Ice cream was the only thing that came very easy for me... their ice cream there is fenominal. So bring plenty of snacks because my friend and I both couldn't force ourselves to eat hardly any of the food there.

• Study Abroad

Le Gosier Off The Beaten Path

• Ice Cream Shop lady w/us and Karambol

by sh_rey_rey Written Sep 1, 2004

While in Gosier we stumbled across a small ice cream shop with the most delicious milkshakes. The woman speaks almost no english but she is quite cute and patient in trying to explain to you with pointing a guestures what each ice cream is. She'll give you tastes too. But while there she also introduced me to a fruit I had never heard of. A Karambol. I didn't even know how to eat it but she guestured that you cut it in slices and that you eat the skin too. (It tasted sort of like an apple/pear.) Excellent service and multiple new Guadeloupian ice creams to try. We walked over there from our hotel every night for our icecream.

The place is called Salon Glace.

Instant Answers: Le Gosier

Comments

Le Gosier Travel Guide
Map of Le Gosier