Cobán Restaurants

• calcaf38's Profile Photo

El Penascal: Best Meal in Guatemala

by calcaf38 Updated Dec 8, 2006

Pollo en Jocon

I was about to write off Guatemala food altogether - and the service too - when I saw El Penascal while walking around Coban. I went back at night and a kind server took me in hand, watching over me like a mother. The Pollo En Jocon was truly delicious: a chicken leg in a green tomato and spinach sauce, served with avocado mousse. Yum-my!

• Archeology

• atufft's Profile Photo

La Posada Hotel: Breakfast and Desert at La Posada

by atufft Written Feb 19, 2006

Breakfast in La Posada, Coban

La Posada is a colonial style hotel with a center patio area. Down a tiled hallway, and to the right was a nice restaurant with a very nice outdoor seating. A garden provided color while a adobe wall cut off the traffic noise. The food was excellent. I ate the traditional eggs, potatoes, fresh tropical fruit, and pineapple juice. We visited twice during the Christmas holiday when the hotel still had its decorated tree. In another part of the restaurant, with a view of the main plaza, we sat on antique furniture and drank an espresso and ate a chocolate dessert of some type. This was a popular place for tourists to be at the time we arrived in the evening.

Favorite Dish: I can't say what my favorite for breakfast would be except what I had. As I recall, the menu was varied enough to please any tourist. The price was higher than elsewhere, but it was definitely worth the expense given the number of dive diners we had eaten in lately on this trip. Incidentally, for anyone NOT on a budget, this would be the best place to stay in Coban.

• AnnaLupilla's Profile Photo

Casa D'Acuña: Don't Miss This!

by AnnaLupilla Written Sep 25, 2005

OK, we've stayed in Cobán for two nights, so two evenings and two mornings we went there for dinner, breakfast, dinner and breakfast again ... RIQUISSIMA!!!! There is a nice patio to eat open air and watch the cook doing his barbecue stuff, but one can also go inside of course.
    Aware flying cocoys in the garden! You may be attacked by one ;-)

Favorite Dish: The food was great!!! But drinks were better ... DELICIOUS licuados, horchatas, and tiste, which is something I haven't had before.
    You can choose your antipasti from a Glasvitrine if you like. Ay díos ... my English got soooooo bad, I'm sorry for that!

• euzkadi's Profile Photo

La Posada Restaurant.

by euzkadi Updated Mar 9, 2007

La Posada is Coban´s best restaurant. I also visited a nice, clean and cheap place called El Chino with local specialities as Kak-Ic (a soup made with turkey) and Subanik.

Instant Answers: Cobán

Comments

Cobán Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Cobán restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cobán sightseeing.