Guatemala City Restaurants

The Pork Chop. It's a bite of heaven.
    by daydayxvi
    A wonderfully light apple crumble.
    by daydayxvi
    The spicy chicken chipotle.

Most Recent Restaurants in Guatemala City

• Fid's Profile Photo

L'Osteria: Excellent Atmosphere with good artisnal pizza

by Fid Updated May 28, 2013

L'Osteria is a quaint and unique restaurant in located in the trendy Zona 10 section of Guatemala City. As I passed the gurgling fountain along board walkways, I opened the door and I was confused because it led into a very small room that was blacked out with dark curtains. With a swipe of your hand to pull the curtains aside you see the nice old-timey atmosphere of the indoor dining room that opens up to the outdoor dining surrounded by herb gardens.

You see and smell the fragrant rosemary, thyme, basil, oregano and other herbs growing all around the courtyard of the restaurant and you can see the workers harvesting the herbs for immediate cooking. You can't get any fresher than that!

Although the dining was outdoors, there were shelters above our heads to keep out any unwanted liquid Central American sunshine. The tables had brown craft paper for table cloths and we sat on benches at our table.

The atmosphere is laid back and very relaxed and we enjoyed a glass of wine and the cool breeze and ordered out pizza. I had the "Queso de Cabra" goat cheese pizza which was baked "California Style" with a thin crust and simple yet flavorful ingredients. My friend had the "4 station" pizza which had 4 different groupings of toppings.

The flavor of both pizzas was good but not knock your socks off great. I didn't try any of the other food or deserts.

Nevertheless, I can recommend this restaurant for the ambiance and quaintness alone - much better than the available chains like Hard Rock Cafe.

• Singles

Restaurante Saúl: Good old new restaurant

by daydayxvi Updated Apr 4, 2011
    The Pork Chop. It's a bite of heaven.

Restaurante Saúl is an interesting new little restauran part of the Saúl E. Méndez chain. There is a fascinating mix of international cuisine. The food is wonderful and they have incorporated an interesting added value of asking you your name when you arrive and thereafter always address you by name.

Favorite Dish: So far my favorite dish is the Pork chop. I never knew that pork could be so flavorful and juicy. It is served with slices of apples and grapes with a delicious semi sweet sauce.

• Luxury Travel

• jlanza29's Profile Photo

La Estancia: Good Steaks

by jlanza29 Updated Mar 25, 2011

This is a great steakhouse with a great location.....it{s next to the American Embassy in the trendy Zona 10 section of town. The portions of food were great and the prices were excellent by Central American standards.....

Favorite Dish: La Parillada....a plate combination o steak, susages, different cuts of beef.

• Business Travel

Tre Fratelli: Vastly Improved

by daydayxvi Written May 29, 2010

I have been going to Tre Fratelli for a long time (several years now) and recently I noticed that the quality of the dishes at the Fonta Bella (Z. 10) location are absolutely amazing!! They're colorful, fresh and absolutely delicious!

Favorite Dish: By far my favorite is the Salmon. It has a white sauce with asparagus and is on top of some spinach. The flavors are just absolutely amazing. I always ask to have it with a side of broccoli which is always perfectly cooked. Absolutely amazing!

• Papazitos Pizza and BBQ: BEST Pizza, BBQ and Live Music

by travelqueen2008 Written Sep 16, 2008

Incredible pizza and the best BBQ I've ever had. The ambience is very cozy, they have a pool table and live music Thursdays thru Saturday nights. On Wednesday nights they have Karaoke and a great deal on beer buckets and delicious BBQ chicken wings. Tuesday nights they have an all you can eat pizza and chicken wings and we got the first beer FREE!!! all for Q80 (about $10.50) We tasted a pizza called Santa Fe Pizza with grilled chicken and a cilantro sauce that was light and delicious and the pizza crust was crunchy on the bottom, soft on top...never tasted anything quite like it, and I'm from Chicago! Have traveled all over the south of the US and have never had BBQ quite like this one! A friend tried the Baby Back Ribs with a BBQ sauce made with the Guatemalan Zacapa Centenario Rum...INCREDIBLE! It is well worth the trip to the road that takes you to Salvador. And, there is live music. We went on a Thursday and the band is great! Plays 80's music, the cover is about $8 and it includes a free drink. The service is very friendly and very good.

Favorite Dish: Baby Back Ribs with a rum BBQ sauce (Zacapa Rum) and the pizza crust was incredible! They also had an awesome Pulled Pork Sandwich and a mega burger!

• Singles
    • Music

Subway: Quick Lunch near the Bus Station

by Stephen-KarenConn Updated Apr 22, 2008

This Subway Restaurant is located a few doors down from the Tika Bus Station and was a welcome place to grab a quick lunch while I waited for the bus.

My Bus from Guatemala City to San Salvador was scheduled to depart at 1:00 p.m., but I arrived at the station at 11:30 a.m. to be sure I got a seat since I did not have a reservation. This was the only restaurant I saw in close proximity to the station. The menu and service was essentially the same as that which one would find in a Subway in the United States. The prices were slightly lower.

Subway has more than 29,000 restaurants in 86 countries of the world.

Hotel Posada Belen: Meals Served on Demand

by Stephen-KarenConn Updated Apr 20, 2008

Dining Room at Hotel Pasada Belen

Hotel Posada Belen has a dining room and the staff at the hotel will cook and serve your meals upon request - whether it be breakfast, lunch or dinner. On the evening I stayed at the hotel I chose to eat dinner at a nearby restaurant, partly because I wanted to experience more of the city and also because I thought the price at the hotel was a little steep at $13 US for either lunch or dinner. However, the only other people staying at the hotel on that night, a couple from Colorado, did order a late dinner and I had a soft drink and visited with them while they ate.

The next morning I ordered breakfast from the hotel. The same man who had checked me in the evening before took my order and cooked and served my breakfast. I had scrambled eggs, refried beans, fried plantains, cheeze and orange juice. It was a good way to start the day.

The dining room is a pleasant spot, with many museum type artifacts along the walls and windows opening into a breezy courtyard.

Los Cebollines: Authentic Mexican Food

by Stephen-KarenConn Updated Apr 19, 2008

My Enchiladas at Los Cebollines

For dinner my first night in Guatemala City I chose Los Cebollines, simply because I passed it on the street nor far from the Main Square on Avedina 6. I learned that this restaurant is part of a small chain of Mexican eateries with 8 locations in Guatemala and a few others in Honduras and El Salvador.

The restaurant was clean and simply but tastefully decorated. The service was good, but a little show, as is usually the case in Central America.

Favorite Dish: I ordered the chicken enchilada platter and found my food to be well prepared and well presented. It was an enjoyable and satisfying meal.

Edoya Sushi: Unpretencious Sushi

by daydayxvi Written Oct 15, 2007

Edoya is this great little sushi restaurant that is too easy to drive right past. Now, I'm not much of a sushi expert, but I grew up eating fish. Thus far, this has been my favorite. Wonderful atmosphere, excellent service and some damn fine sushi. It lacks the flashy gimmicks that you will find in most sushi places, edoya sushi gives you the opportunity to eat well and be comfortable. I loved the smoked salmon sushi as well as their very popular "dragon roll". The inclusion of fresh, crisp asparagus or eel sauce in some of their rolls make my mouth water as I remember.

Where you really feel the lack of things such as glass walkways, stone archways, snooty waiters and excessively...let's say creative....sinks is when you get the bill. Expecto to pay $10-15 per person if you order an appetizer.

So far my favorite place to get sushi.

Favorite Dish: My personal favorite dish was the smoked salmon roll. But that is most likely due to my very specific and highly demanding taste buds (a.k.a. picky eater). I just love the taste of the smoked salmon with fresh crisp asparagus and lack of any kind of cheese which is included in oh so many rolls. Not withstanding, most everyone I talked to is crazy about the "Dragon Roll", and it's very understandable. A tempura roll with shrimp, salmon, asparagus, cottage cheese, sesame seeds and eel sauce is very tempting, especially when all the ingredients are as fresh as they are here.

• imacrazylemur's Profile Photo

Sushi Lounge: If you like GOOD sushi and an amazing atmosphere..

by imacrazylemur Updated Mar 21, 2007

Many people head to Sushi Itto to quench their cravings for sushi, but truly the ambience and food at Sushi Lounge in my opinion is much better. The restaurant itself is usually very relaxed, few people with the "loungy" feeling. The sushi as well is quite amazing. Coming from the east coast of the USA, I frequented many of the top sushi places and Sushi Lounge definitely meets my standard of quality.

Favorite Dish: My favorite thing to order is called the Barquillo Sutrido combo-ish thing. This includes 10 pieces of sashimi (tuna and salmon), 3 pieces of nigiri (tuna, salmon and I think flouder) and about 15 roll pieces for a whooping 95Q!! That is about $12!!!

Tre Fratelli: Italiano

by acemj Updated Feb 5, 2006

This is a popular chain in Guatemala City. The food is mostly northern Italian with a good selection of Italian and California wines. On a nice day, the outdoor seating will be popular. We stopped here and had some good coffee and a light salad, but the menu was packed with really good sounding pasta dishes that I would have loved to try had I had the appetite.

Sushi Itto: Sushi!

by acemj Updated Feb 5, 2006

Our new friends Monica and Ana Lucia recommended that we go to Sushi Itto, which turned out to be a very good choice. The service and atmosphere were both great and the sushi was surprisingly good (hey, I just don't think of sushi when I think of Guate!).

We had a very large sampler platter which offered up all kinds of raw fish along with a couple drinks each and the bill came to 380 Q (just over $50 USD). Not bad for four people with drinks.

San Martin: Good breakfast

by acemj Updated Feb 5, 2006

This place in Zone 10 was a great option for our last meal in Guatemala. We stopped in and had a nice breakfast here before heading to the airport.

Favorite Dish: I had a good cup of coffee, a glass of delicious fresh-squeezed Mandarin orange juice and a great croissant egg, mushroom and cheese sandwich. Yum.

• AnnaLupilla's Profile Photo

Tre Fratelli: Pasta Caffe & Ristorante

by AnnaLupilla Written Feb 27, 2005

I`ve been there two times now, as it is my boss`s favorite restaurant jajaja. I like it as well, especially the bread with oil and Italian cheese that comes adelante of the ordered food. One calls that an "amuseguele" en francais.

Favorite Dish: They`ve got different types of lasagna. I like especially the seafood part of the show.

• AnnaLupilla's Profile Photo

La Parra: Muuuuuuuuuuuucho garlic!!! - Que riiiiiiiiiiico!!!

by AnnaLupilla Written Feb 27, 2005

Pues ... I`ve only been there once so far, but I liked the location pretty much.
    They`ve got real great live music by local artists - soooooo great!!! @ Jacobo

Favorite Dish: Acually I have to be true that I have not had something to eat there ... yet. But for sure I will, when I come back; food smelled that mucho of garlic ... what a sensation, think I musi not miss that!!!
    Drinks they have are excellent though. And there`s a big range of them, so come and test it!!

• Music

Instant Answers: Guatemala City

Comments

Guatemala City Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Guatemala City restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Guatemala City sightseeing.

View all Guatemala City hotels