Puerto Santo Tomás de Castilla Travel Guide

Quiriguá is an ancient Maya site
    by Sambawalk

Puerto Santo Tomás de Castilla Things to Do

• mehulraj's Profile Photo
    simple shopping

by mehulraj Updated Jul 8, 2011

Most important thing to remember during visit to south and central america i think u need to learn lil spanish,atleast some basic things which v are using during day to day life.Otherwise u will just bang from one wall to other wall thats what happened to me.Then luckily one of my friend took lil effort to learn some spanish and i took him whenever i went out.That was lil uncomfortable sometimes but learn it u will have added advantage i m sure of it.
    Once we came out of port there are some taxi available who speaks lil english and he was lil useful going around but what he charges too much.after paying for two trip i came to know.Then thought of roaming around on my own.that was quite fun i mean i didnt knew spanish and they didnt knew english and that was fun they loved me for that,and try to helped me i love it.
    i leart only one thing till my visit to all south american country " NO COMPRANDE" now i feel i should have learnt sth more.

• Photography
    • Architecture

• mehulraj's Profile Photo
    best dinner

by mehulraj Updated Jul 8, 2011

What a beautiful country and people....everybody is just enjoying.I saw all smiling faces and they all welcome us with open heart.I just had fun here.
    I did not go to any tourist places here just went to beach in the town.As per some information available i came to know about cruise ship visiting this place.Actually this port is quite old in country but cruise only started in 2004 and there is shop is available for local purchasing.Where u will find all that country's products at reasonable price.But when v went that was closed and came to know that they keep it open whenever some cruise ship visits this port.
    I went out on my shore leave on saturday evening beach was quite filled up with local people.Once u come out of port just take right road and at the end again right turn that will lead u to beach.
    There are few restaurants are available for dinner.It opens in the evening and these shop closes at around 8-9 so u can enjoy ur evening not night.
    I went there with my electrical officer.beer and food is really cheap and its best for the money u spend.i will give 9/10 for everything.food,service,staff only thing v need to learn is spanish otherwise u r doomed for sure.luckily we had friend who took some effort to learn spanish onboard and he was quite help to us.
    Going to town is difficult from here.if u have ur vehicle then its ok otherwise u have to take lift for restaurants gals.they are very helpful they gave us lift to downtown.

• Architecture
    • Photography

• Puerto Santo Tomás de Castilla Hotels

0 Hotels in Puerto Santo Tomás de Castilla

Instant Answers: Puerto Santo Tomás de Castilla

Comments

Puerto Santo Tomás de Castilla Travel Guide
Map of Puerto Santo Tomás de Castilla