San Miguel Dueñas Travel Guide

Valhalla Experimental Station, Guatemala

San Miguel Dueñas Things to Do

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo

by jumpingnorman Updated Dec 5, 2009

The Valhalla Experimental Station is located in San Miguel Duenas and I am glad my guide brought me to this wonderful farm. I also got to meet the owners, Larry and his lovely wife, Emilia. Larry actually started the farm way back in 1975 and their mission is to “reverse global warming, assist indigenous people in developing self-sustaining agriculture, and educate the public about the environment”.

I was brought to the farm by my guide and as we were entering it, we did meet some French tourists who also had a nice experience learning about the cultivation of macadamia nuts and even sampling the yummy chocolate-covered macadamias. I did buy several packets of these. And I wish I had bought more…

Their website gives good directions on how to get to this farm:
    By Bus: Everyone should have at least one chicken-bus experience in their life, and what better chance than this? Simply take any bus going to San Miguel Dueñas and say "Las Macadamias" to the driver. He will know where to drop you off.

By Car: Leave Antigua to the southwest, on the road that leads to Ciudad Vieja, San Miguel Dueñas and Escuintla/Pacific coast. You will drive through the town of Ciudad Vieja and leave it. As soon as you do, you will reach a very large intersection, formed by the cemetery of Ciudad Vieja and a football field. Take the road that runs along the right side of the intersection, which leads to San Miguel Dueñas. Entrance about 2 km. down this road, on the left hand side. Look for a wooden sign with a Viking Helmet and the name VALHALLA.

Location:

Farm: +502.5889.4925
    Dial 011 before the number if calling from the USA
    Email: exvalhalla@gmail.com

Website: http://www.exvalhalla.net/index.htm

Valhalla Experimental Station, Guatemala Valhalla Experimental Station, Guatemala Owner Emilia and my 2 guides,Valhalla,Guatemala Valhalla Experimental Station, Guatemala You can buy chocolate-covered macadamias!
    • Eco-Tourism

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo

by jumpingnorman Written Nov 24, 2009

When visiting this amazing macadamia farm (Valhalla Experimental Station) at San Miguel Dueñas, Guatemela, ask if you could see their bathroom. The young lady (Libby I think) who was guiding me through the farm said it was the most photographed bathroom in Guatemala, lol....So, I got my camera out and took pictures!

And yes indeed, they did a good job in blending the bathroom with the natural fauna and surroundings. The plants were amazing and it's a pity I did not "personally use" the bathroom myself. - it could have been a blending-with-nature experience...hehehe...

Most photographed bathroom in Guatemala Most photographed bathroom in Guatemala Most photographed bathroom in Guatemala Most photographed bathroom in Guatemala Most photographed bathroom in Guatemala
    • Photography

• San Miguel Dueñas Hotels

0 Hotels in San Miguel Dueñas

Instant Answers: San Miguel Dueñas

Comments

San Miguel Dueñas Travel Guide
Map of San Miguel Dueñas