San Marcos La Laguna Travel Guide

View From My Window
    Our Hotel Room

San Marcos La Laguna Things to Do

by euzkadi Updated Mar 5, 2006

Las Piramides Yoga and meditation retreat, has beautiful pyramid cabanas, and great vegetarian food. Theres few things to do in San Marcos, besides a couple of restaurants. But is a perfect place to relax and enjoy the lake, out of the touristic path.

by euzkadi Written Jan 18, 2005

If you are into Yoga, Reiky or meditation, this is the perfect place to be, a lot of places these activities.

by euzkadi Written Jan 18, 2005

From San Marcos you can walk to Santa Cruz, another small village, it takes about 3 hours (return by boat), with some of the best views of the lake.

San Marcos La Laguna Restaurants

• by MireilleD Written May 13, 2009

Delicious food in a lush garden, concerts several times a week--fun local scene. Simple, comfortable hotel attached. Chef/manager speaks five languages and is a great resource for travel info.

Favorite Dish: Had an excellent pizza for lunch, and a few days later had a vegetarian goulash of fresh local produce over potatoes.

San Marcos La Laguna Nightlife

• HipHopgirl's Profile Photo
    Lake Atitlan 3 more images

by HipHopgirl Written Jun 10, 2007

San Marcos La Laguna is a place to disconect from it all, to do some yoga, reiki, kayaking... if you want party go to San Pedro La Laguna (10 min by boat)

Dress Code: No Dress code in San Marcos.. just relax and enjoy!!!

• Hiking and Walking
    • Kayaking

San Marcos La Laguna Transportation

• by CarolinaLainie Written Dec 20, 2006

Does anyone have suggestions about travel from the airport in Guatemala City to San Marcos? We were told by our hotel that we can arrange a shuttle to take us directly from the airport to San Marcos for $100 (for two people). I thought this seemed a little steep and was wondering if other had better information. We don't want to draw out the length of the trip a lot (would like to keep it between 4-6) hours. We will be getting into the airport around 2 or 3pm. Can we take a bus to Panachel and then a boat to San Marcos? Is there a better route? Any idea how much this would cost and how long it would take. Also, my Spanish is a bit rusty, but I can communicate the basics.

by euzkadi Written Jan 18, 2005

The best way to reach San Marcos is by boat. 30 minutes from Panajachel (cost 20 quetzales, around $2.50) or 20 minutes from San Pedro. An amazing trip, through the Atitlan Lake.

• San Marcos La Laguna Hotels

0 Hotels in San Marcos La Laguna

San Marcos La Laguna Favorites

• VinTolucci's Profile Photo
    Meet my new friend a Yankees Fan!

by VinTolucci Written Jun 12, 2006

Favorite thing: The people here are friendly. Smile and strangers become friends. Smile and a friend will return the smile. Be courteous and polite.

Fondest memory: I have many fond memories of San Marcos, but the one that immediately comes to my mind is of my new friend in San Marcos. Even out in the middle of nowhere you will find Yankees fans! That way cool.

Instant Answers: San Marcos La Laguna

Comments

San Marcos La Laguna Travel Guide
Map of San Marcos La Laguna