Sayaxché Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Sayaxché

• calcaf38's Profile Photo

Food Stalls: I'll have what they're having

by calcaf38 Updated Dec 23, 2006

I had a rather blah breakfast at the Restaurant Yaxkin, and the place was not very pleasant. At night, moreover, it was completely empty. Again and again, I have read that you must eat where everyone else eats, so that the food doesn't sit around too long. There were not many choices. The Petexbatun and the Botanero were closed, perhaps permanently. Anyway, the only busy spot was a street stall, so I took my chances. I ordered what everyone else was having: small silver dollar tortillas with seasoned lukewarm ground chicken on top. And an orange soda. It was very plain, but I did not get sick. Total $2.

• Archeology

• atufft's Profile Photo

Can't Remember--Ask Around: Wild Game Meat in Sayaxche

by atufft Updated Feb 19, 2006

I know I'll get low ratings for this post, but I have to at least inform you about the opportunity to eat wild game in Sayaxche. Apparently, the restaurant buys meat from local hunters who capture their game in the wild lands around Sayaxche. I can't even remember what meat we ate because it was part of a stew. I think I ate a small animal like an armadillo or porcupine. What's available depends upon what's in stock for the night. The restaurant doesn't sell endangered species or anything like that, so enjoy the unusual meats.

Favorite Dish: Again, I can't recall the details, but the food was good. The atmosphere was mostly a family restaurant, with large tables catering to farmer families in town for the day. Prices were very good, but expect to pay more for trucked in beverages and so on.

• Eco-Tourism

Instant Answers: Sayaxché

Comments

Sayaxché Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Sayaxché restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sayaxché sightseeing.