Chichicastenango Tourist Traps

Best Rated Tourist Traps in Chichicastenango

• Babzz's Profile Photo

Better Crafts Elsewhere

by Babzz Written Jul 20, 2006

This might sound weird given that Chichi is THE marketplace, but I found that the crafts were better in Panajachel and Antigua. A lot of the masks had chipped paint or looked otherwise worn, and there were hardly any paintings, which was a huge disappointment for me since I had been holding off until Chichi to buy one in the anticipation that it was here that I would find the best selection-not so! So don't put off your shopping until you get to Chichi.

• Eating at the market

by Srechko Written Jan 29, 2007
    food market

Maybe I am naive but my approach did not work very well while trying not to be overcharged in Guatemala. Here was the same. While I was looking for a place to eat, food market was quite empty. I choose one place based on my natural instinct, thinking I am not going to ask how much is food - this is where locals eat - it must be cheap. And also ladies serving food will appreciate that I chose them. WRONG!!!! They wait for you so they can practice their making up the price ability. I am talking about small amounts here - but I just hate when they do this to me...

Unique Suggestions: Ask how much is it in advance!!!!

Instant Answers: Chichicastenango

Comments

Chichicastenango Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Chichicastenango tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Chichicastenango sightseeing.

View all Chichicastenango hotels