Uspantán Travel Guide

Neighborhood in Uspantan

Uspantán Things to Do

Native Mayan Corn Drying in the Sun 4 more images

by atufft Written Feb 24, 2006

I almost missed the bus due to an increasing number of opportunties to shoot interesting pictures. I would have liked to spend at least another hour or so in town, but even the bus ride and brief stop that we had was well worth the time spent.

• Photography

Iglesia in Uspantan 4 more images

by atufft Written Feb 24, 2006

Soak up the culture in Uspantan. Bear in mind that the Mayans aren't noisey or particularly fiesta oriented. Uspantan is a quiet agricultural town. I noticed adobe construction, but I saw also wood construction, presummably from local forests. I saw many colors of native corn drying in the sun. Mostly, I noticed the men, women, and children.

• Women's Travel

• Uspantán Hotels

0 Hotels in Uspantán

Uspantán Transportation

No so crowded bus for Sacapulcas 4 more images

by atufft Written Feb 24, 2006

The bus from Coban leaves in the afternoon everyday, I believe. It failed to show for us on a one day, but that was an exception. The ride is about 4 hours, as I recall, and that provided us about an hour or so to walk about the pueblo. Then, we waited for the bus continuing on to Sacapulcas. Although it's important to not miss these buses, the pueblo is so small that one can here the motor turning on. Preoccupied by photograpy, I was late, and had to chase the bus down. Villagers get on and off the bus as it proceeds from one pueblo to another.

• Eco-Tourism

Instant Answers: Uspantán

Comments

Uspantán Travel Guide
Map of Uspantán