Port-au-Prince Nightlife

• marcoparco's Profile Photo

Night

by marcoparco Updated Apr 27, 2004

nighty night

I would strongly encourage using common sense when thinking going out at night. I wouldn't consider walking anywhere even if I was with a group of 30 people. We were even told not to venture anywhere by foot without somewhat of a group during the day. Even then they (the administration) told us the areas that were safe.

*Since we were late coming back from the beach one day we had to drive through the city when it was dark. Although some people were nervous I really enjoyed this. It was one of the things that reminded me of home for some weird reason. In certain areas people were dancing to music (Sean Paul--haha it made me laugh) and just hanging out. Something me and my friends would do back home.

*Our group did also go to a hotel at night to see RAM, however, we took a bus.

• Work Abroad

• RoqueMocan's Profile Photo

Magdoos: In-place, cosmopolitan international crowd

by RoqueMocan Written Jul 4, 2007

Magdoos plaque

This is a middle eastern bar/restaurant where you can snack on yummy middle-eastern fare, or have a drink and look at the international crowd gathering here.

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• dunearn20's Profile Photo

RAM at the Oloffson: Haitian Music

by dunearn20 Written Feb 13, 2005
    RAM playing

The great haitian Band RAM plays every thursday at the oloffson after 11 p.m.
    Very good, have never seen anything like that.

Instant Answers: Port-au-Prince

Comments

Port-au-Prince Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Port-au-Prince nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Port-au-Prince sightseeing.

View all Port-au-Prince hotels