San Marcos de Colón Travel Guide

• San Marcos de Colón
  • Things to Do

San Marcos de Colón Things to Do

by Sininen Written Dec 14, 2005

The walk back to the town was easy. i wanted to take another route, but when I asked the local women where the road lead they told it would take me back to the mountain, so I chose the same path i had climbed earlier. This time I saw a dead snake and only then it occured to me that there could have been snakes in the grass where I took photos. I was wearing sandals because I hadn't planned to take this hike but to have a look at the town. I saw some pretty flowers and leaf cutting ants.

Leaf cutting ants - look carefully! Mountains in the background Another view to the village Red roof and the village

by Sininen Written Dec 14, 2005

A young man came down the road and asked me if I was going up. I said I was and he said that I'd come to a gate but the woman who lived there would be glad to open it for me. Or at least I thought it was what he said, for I never came to the gate. I could hear thunderstorm not faraway and decided it was time to return to the town as I didn't want to be caught there with rain and thunder.

Small pond up in the hill Mountain top in the clouds Sad-looking horse Cute cow

by Sininen Written Dec 14, 2005

It was a hot sunny day and I enjoyed my hike up the path. Every now and then I stopped to have a look down and take photos but soon I continued as I wanted to see where the path lead. After a while I came to another dirt road and decided to turn right, which would take me up the hill. The birds were singing, cows were eating in the pasture and there were nobody else but me. What luxury!

Hungry cow San Marcos de Colon from the hill Another view down to the valley

Instant Answers: San Marcos de Colón

Comments

San Marcos de Colón Travel Guide
Map of San Marcos de Colón