Copán Restaurants

• atufft's Profile Photo

Yat Ba'lam: Best High-End Breakfast in Town

by atufft Written Jan 22, 2012

Yat Ba'lam Breakfast

This is sort of a new age style local food that includes an Arab twist. The upscale and clean atmosphere makes it one of the easiest places to enjoy in Copan Ruinas, which strangely seems short of good places to eat.

I don't have any particular favorites here, but I tried almost everything on the menu and found it all very good. Prices are not that bad either. I have no doubt the hotel suites are adequate too. And, there's very good high end souvenir shopping here too.

• Luxury Travel

Carnitas Nía LoLa Restaurant

by MalenaN Written Dec 5, 2009

Extras, while waiting for the soup

Carnitas Nía LoLa is a bar and restaurant two blocks south of Parque Central. I came here one evening and as I had had a big lunch I just ordered soup and a beer. While I was waiting for my soup I got tortillas with beans and some pickled vegetables. This was something that was given to everyone ordering a meal. And after the soup I got a few pieces of fruits with chocolate. For the soup and beer with tax and tip I paid 150 lempiras.
    The restaurant was busy and I think all customers were foreign tourists. The waitresses balanced plates and glasses with drinks on their heads. This looked difficult, especially when they were walking up the stairs to the second floor.

La Llama del Bosque

by MalenaN Updated Dec 4, 2009

Great lunch

La Llama del Bosque is situated across the road from ViaVia. It was mentioned in my guidebook as a nice place with good and cheap food. It was not that cheap but the food I had for lunch was great and it was a very nice place. I ordered chicken in a yummy sauce with French fries and lots of vegetables. To drink I had a big lemon juice. With tax and tip it was 207 lempiras (July 2009).

Café Welchez

by MalenaN Written Nov 23, 2009

Cappuccino at Caf�� Welchez

Café Welchez is a nice café in the north-western corner of Parque Central. The furniture is of dark wood and the floor is tiled. From the windows you can watch what’s going on in the street outside. You can have cakes, light meals and different drinks here. I came here twice to have a cappuccino and read the newspaper (well trying to read in Spanish). The newspaper was available at the café. A cappuccino was 20 lempiras (July 2009).

The café has long opening hours, between 6 - 22.

• andi.cucharita's Profile Photo

Pupuseria Mary: Appetizing Local Fare at Great Prices

by andi.cucharita Written Sep 17, 2009

The food was great and so were the prices! For budget travelers or anyone wanting a local dining experience that is digestion-friendly, Mary's is definitely the place to go. They have a fun local atmosphere, the coffee is hot and strong, and the service is terrific. My husband and I ate for about $3.50 a person, including tip! Breakfast, lunch, dinner, they're all delicious.

Favorite Dish: I recommend the pupusas, they're very traditional fare. It's a corn flour tortilla with filling made from beans / cheese / chicken / pork / etc., your choice. Tasty! Two should fill you up.

• calcaf38's Profile Photo

Alala: Licuados and conversación

by calcaf38 Updated Aug 21, 2009

This is a little smoothie place across from Jim's Pizza on the main eating street. The smoothies are great, and even better is the conversation with the owners. Try a horchata: a rice and cinnamon drink, sweet and refreshing. Talking with the owners of Alala gave me a deeper take on Honduran politics than what I had garnered from newspapers and television.

• calcaf38's Profile Photo

Comedor Y Pupuseria Mary: Good food at reasonable prices

by calcaf38 Written Aug 21, 2009

This is a casual eatery where you can enjoy local fare such as pupusas (thick stuffed tortillas) and baleatas (large tortillas filled with refried beans and crumbly cheese).

There is a wide choice of fruit drinks and smoothies. The service is not attentive or fast, but the servers are friendly - when they get to you.

• restaurant Don Udo´s: the best steak ever

by bermejo Written Apr 22, 2008

Around a beautiful courtyard, this is the restaurant of the small Don Udo´s hotel.
    The evening is lighted by many candles, the ambience is relaxed with a very friendly staff.
    A extensive menu with fish, shrimp and absolutely the best steak I have ever eaten, served just right, pink inside and served with a delicious bearnaise sauce.
    For desert we had Tiramisu and fresh coffee.

Favorite Dish: We were tempted to have the meat fondue, but we selected the fish file and the steak bearnaise. Both were excellent.

• Eco-Tourism

• Pieter11's Profile Photo

Restaurant Vamos a Ver: Let's see...

by Pieter11 Written Dec 27, 2007

Dinner at Vamos a Ver

In the centre of the village, very close to the central square, you will find the small and cosy restaurant with the funny name "Vamos a Ver", "Let's See" in English. It is an outdoor restaurant, but luckily with a roofed patio. While we were having dinner there, we were caught by a huge shower and we were happy with the iron roof above our heads.

The lady that helped us was very nice and served me a nice local dish with fried banana and a nice big piece of grilled beef. Together with the salad, the rice and the very nice bread with a kind of garlic sauce, it was a very good meal. And for the 8 dollars I had to pay for it, it was pretty good value, although that was not cheap for Hondurese standards.

Besides this, they also served more international dishes like pasta's and more internationally orientated meat-dishes. And to drink? Of course the very good local Salva Vida beer!

• Pieter11's Profile Photo

???: Comedor

by Pieter11 Written Dec 19, 2007

Fried bananas in Cop��n Ruinas

When you return from the ruins on foot, and you feel hungry or thirsty, there is a great "comedor" to help you out. Coming from the ruins, it is at the left side of the road, about 300 metres before you enter the village of Copán Ruinas.

At this so called comedor, you can order complete local meals, or smaller dishes like fried bananas or potatoes. But of course it is also a great spot to have a rest in the shadow with a nice cold drink.

The prices are pretty cheap and pretty much lower then inside the village.

Restaurant Picame: Breakfast at Jessica's place

by sachara Updated Feb 22, 2007

Picame

Our breakfast we took both times in the Picame Restaurant just oppoisite our Hotel Patty. Because we liked to start the day early we made reservations.

The restaurant served a full breakfast with eggs, tea, coffee, but also sandwiches, baguettes, juices and smoothies. The breakfast was delicious. If you like to eat chicken for lunch or dinner restaurant Picame is also the place to be.

I heard that a Dutch woman, named Jessica, managed the restaurant together with her boyfriend from Honduras. When I came there I was surprised to find out that she was originally from Drenthe the province where I live in the Netherlands. Later she told me that she knows my hometown very well and we even found out that her brother is my favourite flowerseller at the friday market in Emmen my hometown. How small the world can be.

Restaurant Via Via: Restaurant, bar and guesthouse

by sachara Updated Feb 15, 2007

Via Via

The first evening we went for dinner to the Via Via Restaurant. You can sit at the terrace in front of the café having a view at the streetlife. In almost all restaurants in the village you can have breakfast, lunch and dinner. It's the same in the Via Vai. We had a table indoors next to the inner garden. Here is also the entrance to the Via Via Guesthouse. I can't remember what I had for dinner, but it tasted well.

The restaurant is of a Belgian guy. He also offers walking tours in the village explaining the daily village life and the local customs.

La Casa de Todo: Lovely garden, shop and internet

by sachara Written Feb 15, 2007

Inner garden of la Casade Todo

La Casa de Todo was only one block of our hotel. I visited this place several times. The inner garden of the restaurant is a lovely and relaxing green place where you can sit and have your drink, lunch or dinner. I took some tastful juices and snacks.

I liked the place, but the main reason to come there so often was my regular visit to the internetcafe upstairs. Besides the restaurant and internetcafé La Casa de Todo has also a shop at the streetside. The shops offers nice jewellery, pottery and other interesting stuff. I bought here some necklaces.

Carnitas Nia Lola Restaurante: Relaxed place with a great view

by sachara Updated Feb 14, 2007

Restaurant Carnitas Nia Lola

A nice and relaxed place to have a drink or a meal is the Carnitas Nia Lola Restaurante at the edge of the village, but also only two blocks from the Parque Central. From the first floor of the open air restaurant the view at the fields and mountains is really great.

I came twice in this friendly place for drinking a cocktail and enjoying a meal. And if you like something spectacular.... the plates with food and even the bottles with beer have been brought upstairs by the steep stairs while carried at the head without using hands !

• vaticanus's Profile Photo

Liquado Express: Fresh Bagels and Three Course Snacks

by vaticanus Written Feb 24, 2005
    Liquado Express COPAN

Breakfast and Lunch. Fresh bagels, baked items, granola and vegetarian. Liquados, specialized coffees, sandwiches, etc.

They will make a brown bag lunch for your visit to the ruins and you can eat under the trees in the Great Plaza.

Instant Answers: Copán

Comments

Copán Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Copán restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Copán sightseeing.