San Pedro Sula Warnings and Dangers

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in San Pedro Sula

• Guns

by bobcatourist Written Nov 14, 2008

I own guns myself, but the number of them that I saw in San Pedro Sula made me concerned about my "prospects for the future". My first time out on a Sunday night a money changer was kind enough to point out a nice Chinese restaurant where I could get a meal and a beer. Until then I had never been to a restaurant that keeps the doors locked from the inside during business hours and has a guard with a shotgun at the door. The next day, when the businesses were open there were 10 times as many guns. I never had one pointed at me or heard one go off, I had just never seen as many private security guards and such a lack of local police or military. Don't bother bringing travelers checks either. Of the 8 banks I went to, none cashed them unless you were a client.

• Seniors

• Don't take the side streets

by katibug Written Jun 27, 2008

If you do decide to go out at night, stick to the main roads, even in a taxi. It is the side streets and neighborhoods where most of the gang violence is. Also, always ask the cab driver how much your ride will be before getting in the cab. And try to negotiate, they will always try to overcharge just because you are a 'Greingo'. Hondurans think all North Americans are rich.

• Fid's Profile Photo

Going out at night

by Fid Updated Oct 21, 2003

It is not a good idea for a Gringo or tourist not familiar with the city to go out partying at discos and bars in San Pedro Sula after dark or late into the evening. If you are going to go out, go to a restaurant and go back to your lodging after you eat.

Crime is on the rise, while tourists are not always the targets of crimes, you can't be too safe in this city.

Instant Answers: San Pedro Sula

Comments

San Pedro Sula Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of San Pedro Sula warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for San Pedro Sula sightseeing.

View all San Pedro Sula hotels