Isla de Roatán Restaurants

by ChrisRJ
    Ooloonthoo
    by Jetgirly

Most Recent Restaurants in Isla de Roatán

• Hungry kiwi cafe & Bar: Don't miss this restuanant on Roatan !!!

by desertseagal Written Jun 5, 2013

Want to eat at an air-conditioned restaurant on this island that makes dining a pleasure and a break from the open air seating and Honduran humidity you need to go to The Hungry Kiwi right on the main road (inside the Lawson Rock Resort), and very nicely appointed restaurant, art on the walls, a reading corner, and, especially, a wonderful breakfast and lunch menu. You can order a traditional American breakfast, a variety of European style choices, Eggs Benedict, or one of the specials.Very clean kitchen where they prepare the food from scratch with red tablecloths and place settings grace the tables with napkins folded into varying shapes. Quick serves and very friendly.As they are only open on Mondays through Saturdays for breakfast and lunch. Special arrangements can be made with Adrian the owner in advance for the dinner arrangements from 5:30 to and closed at 9:00 – Special Roasted lamb or their popular Prime Rib is served just like you like it cooked. The background music completes the scene to an excellent meal and an evening of casual with a touch-of-elegance dining experience on the island. Check them out on Facebook…best place to eat in Roatan. Lots of parking and they accept all major credit cards.

Favorite Dish: Any thing on their menu is good affordable , fresh and delicious. Don't take my word for it .. go and try it for your self you will not be disappointed your the judge!!
    Services :
    Takes Reservations,Walk-Ins Welcome ,Good For Groups,Good For Kids(kiddy's menu),Take Out, Delivery, Catering, Waiter Service,Outdoor Seating

• Business Travel

• Bananarama Dive Resort: Thirsty Turtle Bar: Coconut Shrimp, BBQ Ribs, Cold Beer

by Sasie Written Apr 4, 2012
    Our view from Bananarama as the sun set!

Bananarama has a small dive resort/restaurant located on West Bay Beach. The beach is likely one of (if not the) best beach on the island with fantastic views of the turquoise water. The large deck area (i.e., the restaurant) hovers over the beach, giving you a clear view of the water and the comings/goings of dive boats.

We dropped in at around 3pm for lunch and sat on the patio until 10pm (ate dinner there too). The management didn't seem to mind and the waitresses were very nice. It happened to be at Bananarama for karaoke night, too. (Thursdays) It was entertaining. 2011
    We have previously dropped in for the Christmas buffet ($18-). 2009

It's a very active beach; cruise ships deposit hundreds (if not thousands) of people here many times a week. However, they all head back to the boats by 4pm, leaving plenty of room for locals and non-cruising visitors to sit and grab some great grub.

I understand (2011) that the resort is for sale. I hope whoever buys it keeps the grub and the atmosphere the same.

Favorite Dish: Coconut shrimp. I'm a huge fan. It's crispy, delicious, not greasy and totally fresh. Plus when it's served with a few cold cervezas.... I like Port Royal or Barena (sort of like Corona and good with lime). When we visited there happened to be a drink special on both. :D The dinner special that night was BBQ Ribs; they were awesome too!

A few years ago (2009) we walked up the beach after a BAD Christmas buffet (resort) intending to have a drink and some "real" food at Bananarama. Lo, they had a Christmas buffet featuring smoked turkey, roasted turkey, 3 kinds of stuffing, mashed and sweet potatoes, gravy and carrots (the carrots on Roatan are amazing, by the way). It was fantastic and amazing and worth every penny!

• Beaches

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Fat Tuesday: Drinks at Fat Tuesday

by joiwatani Written Oct 2, 2011

We didn't eat here because we headed to the city of Coxen Hole instead and taste the local home-cooked Honduran meals.

I saw a lot of tourists ate here and some just dropped by to buy cold drinks.

• Eco-Tourism
    • Jungle and Rain Forest

• The Bakery #2: Popular Spot for Breakfasts and Lunches

Huevos Rancheros

I don't know where The Bakery #1 is, but The Bakery #2 is in the heart of West End, just a few feet away from the main intersection into town in a beautiful, yellow, beach-front building. Though the staff (especially the American owner) leave something to be desired in terms of customer service, I couldn't stop myself from going back a second time for their slightly wonky but still delicious huevos rancheros (see photo). Dining on their beach-front patio is a real treat in beautiful weather (I imagine it might not be so pleasant if it's raining).

Both times I visited I had huevos rancheros. I was a bit disappointed the first time they came out, as they looked nothing like any huevos rancheros I had in the past, but they turned out to be excellent. The eggs were cooked well, the tortillas had a little something extra (Honduran tortillas kick Mexican tortillas' butts) and the salsa had zing without being all about the heat. Don't quote me on it, but I would guess huevos rancheros and a glass of juice cost about $6. I kept meaning to make it back for lunch, as I'd heard their sandwiches were good, but there were just too many choices on the island!

• Pinocchio's: Cute Little Italian Joint - Make a Reservation!

by Jetgirly Updated Apr 4, 2011

I don't remember how I found Pinocchio's, but I do remember my delicious meal! Pinocchio's is a tiny restaurant (it only has about eight tables) open from Thursday to Tuesday from 6 to 9. Service is very slow (choose a different restaurant if you're absolutely starving) but the food is worth waiting for. I had one of their few vegetarian dishes, which was pasta with pesto sauce, and it was quite good. I had been invited by a British couple to share their table because the restaurant was full; they both had fish dishes and said they were excellent (they ordered before I arrived but their food came after I had finished my dinner... hopefully this is evidence that the fish is truly cooked to order). The restaurant was packed the entire time we were there, and people were queueing for their chance to get a table... always a good sign. I also had a delicious fruity cocktail that leaned slightly towards the strong side. Dinner came to about $10 and it was worth every penny. For seafood lovers, or Italian food fans, Pinocchio's is a solid choice in West End.

• Diving and Snorkeling
    • Beaches

• Bertie's Creole Cuisine: Sit Back and Relax. Really.

by Jetgirly Updated Apr 4, 2011

On the whiteboard/menu at Bertie's Creole Cuisine, it says something along the lines of, "Sit back and relax- your food is being cooked to order." I think a more accurate description might be, "Sit back and relax. We might consider cooking your food sometime this week if we feel like it."

I ate all over West End, paying anywhere from $3 to $45 for dinner, and NOWHERE did I experience service as excruciatingly slow as at Bertie's. Located right above the Coconut Tree Dive Shop at the main road into West End, Bertie's has a great view of the goings on in Half Moon Bay. This is important, as you'll likely be watching those goings on for up to ninety minutes while you wait for your sandwich. Yes, your sandwich. I went to Bertie's for lunch on a day that I was diving, and though we had more than ninety minutes before our dive we didn't have a chance to eat because the service was so slow. In the end, we grabbed our food to go and saved it until after our dive. My vegetarian sandwich came with plantain chips. The plantain chips were (as seems to be the general case in Honduras) thick-cut and quite dry. The vegetable sandwich was just plain odd- huge chunks of broccoli stems, cauliflower stems, green beans and carrots on a hamburger bun, covered with mozzarella cheese. I did notice that the salads looked really good.

• Diving and Snorkeling

Ruby's: Cheap Eats

by klasher Written Apr 2, 2010

Ruby's is a great, serene place to eat in West End. The grounds are lush and the open air restaurant cool and shady. The prices were right with sandwiches and burgers from $4. If you are around for breakfast, try the banana pancakes.

Las Rocas: West Bay Lunch

by klasher Written Mar 31, 2010

We did not dine here for dinner, but had pizzas for lunch. The pies were $10-14 per pizza and the only place to get pizza on West Bay as of 2010. They only serve them for lunch!
    The patio is right on the water and the bar has swings instead of stools!

Barefeet Restaurant and Bar: West End Restaurant

by klasher Written Mar 31, 2010

At the southern end of West End is a small restaurant right on the beach. Keep walking down the main road about 5 minutes past Foster's West End.
    The menu is large and they serve a conch soup with all entrees. I thought that conch was illegal to catch-I don't know where they get theirs...
    They played an excellent selection of funk music at this restaurant. A very nice change from all of the Carribean Jams.

Favorite Dish: I had a conconut crusted chicken breast that was fantastic. My husband had the lobster pasta. The menu features seafood, sandwiches, salads and pastas.

Bite on the Beach: Great Deck

by klasher Updated Mar 31, 2010

A great deck is the main appeal of this place. The menu is small with offerings of pasta, chicken, thai dishes and seafood.

Favorite Dish: I had the Thai Chicken, it was okay. The pesto pasta looked good....
    Don't miss the eels that reside over the deck. At night they have lights on them and we saw them feeding them chicken bones!

Vintage Pearl: Three Courses of Heaven

by klasher Updated Mar 31, 2010

My husband and I visited this restaurant 3 times during our stay. The menu changes nightly and is a three course enu with soup or salad, appetizer and main dish. The atmosphere is romantic, with no shoes allowed and candles on the tables. There is seating inside and out.

Favorite Dish: I had lobster bisque that was liquid lobster heaven, a tomato and ginger soup that was an interesting blend of flavors and so fresh. Shrimp bathed in a warm creamy garlic sauce was the best seafood dish I have ever had. The lobster was succulent, if they have it on the menu the night you are there get it!! They didn't have it our last night and we were disappointed, but glad we had indulged previous nights. The Kobe Beef offered one evening was expertly cooked and the tuna my husband had one evening was perfection!

• Wine Tasting

Magiamo Market and Delicatessen: Deli and Grocery in West Bay

by klasher Written Mar 31, 2010

Locate a 3 minute walk from Bananrama Resort, this small market and deli is perfect for stocking your fridge, picking up some beer and wine and indulging in rotisserie chicken or perhaps a gyro. The breakfast was also good and affordable ($7 US)

Favorite Dish: The Greek Gyro was incredible!

• Diverdan28's Profile Photo

Shark Cave Pizzeria: Great Pizza

by Diverdan28 Written Dec 5, 2009

Located on the beach road iin west end. Geat pizza and very ample servings. Don't order a 2nd portion until you've seen the frirst one!

Favorite Dish: I tried 5 different varities during my stay and they were all good.

• flyer_e901's Profile Photo

Eagle Ray's Bar & Grill: Try the burgers!

by flyer_e901 Written Jul 1, 2009

Eagle Ray's Bar & Grill entrance

We thought this was another tourist trap, but glad we were wrong. The food was reasonably priced & tasty. You have a choice of sitting out on the deck to enjoy the ocean views or to sit inside either at the bar or at a table. Don't be alarmed about the little squaking noises. There are a few resident parrots that wander around the restaurant.

Favorite Dish: The Caribbean Burger

• Cruise

• ChrisRJ's Profile Photo

Anthony's Key Resort Restaurant: Good Food & Great View

by ChrisRJ Written May 22, 2008

DINNER

Included in the Anthony's Key Resort cost are 3 meals a day that you have at the main restaurant on the hill. Each meal has 2 or 3 choices of main dish and they were always good and really not repetitive. The wait staff were always courteous and the place was always clean.

Favorite Dish: The daily soups they provided at lunch and dinner were always varied and always great.

Instant Answers: Isla de Roatán

Comments

Isla de Roatán Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Isla de Roatán restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Isla de Roatán sightseeing.

View all Isla de Roatán hotels