Isla de Roatán Restaurants

• Restaurants
    by klasher

Best Rated Restaurants in Isla de Roatán

• retiredjack's Profile Photo

Mango Verde: A great place to hang out and watch the sunset

by retiredjack Updated Apr 26, 2004

Tucked between two dive shops this restaurant/bar is a great place to meet and mingle with local and not so local residents. A great experience to sit in the back have a beer and watch the dive tours come in at the end of the day. Or on the street side of the bar you can you can watch artisans make and sell jewelry. And most evenings they stop all circulation on the street with a spectacular fire juggling show. Anytime there is great music and access via two PCs to the internet for about $3US per half hour so you can check your Email and write back home.

Favorite Dish: The menu is simple salads, sandwiches, hamburgers and daily specials. Evrything is fresh and served with a smile.

Mango Verde
    • Theater Travel
    • Music

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Half Moon Bay Cabins Restaurant: Half Moon Views, and Great Food

by ATXtraveler Written Dec 11, 2004

During our day in Roatan, we stopped by Half Moon Bay for some wonderful views, a little beach time, and a bite to eat. Our guide, Andrew sent us over to Half Moon Bay Resort, where they hotel restaurant was our best option. Andrew joined us, and had the Conch Chowder. I was in the mood for some caribbean style chicken, and was not disappointed. Sarah had the grilled chicken, and enjoyed that as well.

Favorite Dish: Highly recommend the Conch Chowder and the "Fried Chicken" which has some wonderful Caribbean spices on it.

Half Moon Bay Restaurant

• saraheg77's Profile Photo

Half Moon Bay Cabins Restaurant: Try the Conch Chowder!

by saraheg77 Written Dec 11, 2004

This restaurant had friendly service and an excellent view! We were there for lunch and the lunch menu had items less than $10, but some of the dinner items were over that. The atmosphere was very laid back. I would recommend a lunch or dinner here!

Favorite Dish: I had the grilled chicken sandwich (excellent french fries), but the conch chowder looked tasty and seemed like a local favorite.

View from  Half Moon

• UWCAVEMAN's Profile Photo

Most places on Roatan: Try as many places as you can

by UWCAVEMAN Written Mar 25, 2004

In my Opinion if you visit the Island and stay at an all inclusive resort you are probably a diver with diving the main priority, However, by not exploring the Island you will miss out on some wonderfull experiences. While the all inclusive prices look good at many places you must realize that eating out almost anywhere in Roatan is much cheaper than what you are probably used to. The convenience may be nice to do it all in one place but you will certainly not get the Taste of Roatan

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo

Socrefice Restaurant & Bar: Island Mom's Cooking

by Stephen-KarenConn Updated Jun 17, 2007

We were on the remote north shore of Roatan when it our stomachs told us it was time for lunch, so I asked our guide to recommend a place. He took us to one of the only restaurants in the area , Socrefice Restaurant and Bar. For us, it was a winner - both for it's authentic island atmosphere and the delicious food.

It is a very basic eatery - just six tables in an open sided dining room with six chairs and plastic chairs. The metal roof is held up by open 2x4 wooden rafters and a single bare frosted light bulb hangs from the ceiling. The views out over the Caribbean are awesome.

At the time of our visit the only customers besides us were two young couples for Italy.

Favorite Dish: We ordered the fried fish and plantains. It was well presented (head still on the fish) and served with a cool fresh salad. The price was reasonable but a little more than I would have expected for a place that didn't even have running water. Still we rate our lunch there a great experience.

My Lunch at Socrefice Restaurant & Bar Socrefice Restaurant and Bar, Roatan Island Island Mom's Cooking The View from our Table Karen eating at Socrefice Restaurant & Bar

• TinKan's Profile Photo

Dian's Garden of Eat'n: Caribbean tasting food with an Asian flare

by TinKan Updated Nov 20, 2005

Dian’s Garden of Eat’n is located in the town of West-End which is on the north-west part of the island. People come from all over the world just to eat here and to meet with Dian. The food is FANTASTIC and you will not find any place like this in the world nor will you find any one like Dian any place in the world.

When you go here (and it is a must) you need to say hello to Dian and check out her new furniture shop next door to the restaurant.

Dian’s is open Monday to Saturday 5 pm to 9 pm with Sunday being a rest day like it is on most of the island. It is located in West-End.

Favorite Dish: SEAFOOD SEAFOOD SEAFOOD!!!! need I say more.

Dian's Garden of Eat'n

• TinKan's Profile Photo

Anthony's Key Restaurant: Friends and food

by TinKan Updated Aug 3, 2004

Dinner can be a time for you and your new friends to get together and talk about the days diving adventures or a time to spend with the person you care about.

Favorite Dish: I liked the fish that was served. It is the first time I have had grouper and it was awesome.

Dinner time
    • Spa and Resort
    • Diving and Snorkeling

• Argentinian Grill: A Great Spot for Everyone!

by Jetgirly Written Feb 9, 2008

As a vegetarian, I didn't have very high hopes when I sat down at my hotel's restaurant, called The Argentinian Grill. The menu offered me several salads and two vegetarian mains: a grilled vegetable and rice platter or vegetarian lasagna. Dreaming of the superb grilled vegetable dishes I used to eat in Italy, I opted for the former. Immediately after placing my order the power went out, and we sat in the dark for the next ten minutes with only the light of the grill to illuminate the restaurant. In the dark, I was treated to their wonderful homemade herb bread, which was soft and chewy and perfectly flavoured. I was very surprised when mere moments after the power came back on I was served a massive plate of freshly grilled vegetables, thoroughly coated in high-quality olive oil. The vegetables (onions, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes, zucchini, tomatoes and corn) were delicious and arranged perfectly around a little tower of white rice. I asked for a side of their delicious homemade chimichuri sauce for dipping.

I heard through the grapevine that they had a to-die-for dessert, so I returned to the restaurant several nights later for a light dinner: their house salad and their famous crepe. The salad was bigger than it looked, with a great variety of fresh vegetables. However, the crepe was truly a stand-out, stuffed with fresh coconut and topped with chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream (and, possibly, caramelized goats milk... I'm not sure if that was really part of the meal or if I'm just having caramelized goats milk fantasies).

No matter how you look at it, the Argentinian Grill has great choices for everyone (even vegetarians), very friendly staff and a great, candlelit atmosphere (check the photos)! I would highly recommend it.

Grilled Vegetables Candlelight Dining The Famous Crepe
    • Beaches

• Sundowner's: Drink- Don't Eat!

by Jetgirly Written Feb 9, 2008

Sundowner's is a popular restaurant/bar that becomes much more popular when the sun actually goes down. Right on the beach at Half Moon Bay, they have fantastic views of the setting sun from their sunchairs (hint: don't forget the DEET!). I went there once at night and had a great, strong cocktail called a Monkey La La (a local favorite)... one of these guys after a day of diving put me straight to sleep. I returned a few days later for a quick lunch before a dive, and ordered a veggie quesadilla. The thing that arrived at my table may well have been the grossest piece of food I have ever seen. The quesadillas were filled with what appeared to be neon orange liquid cheese from a squeeze tube, then topped with canned tomato saucy salsa. Vegetables? They'd never been within a mile of that dish. I literally could not pick up a piece without liquidy cheese dripping everywhere and weird tomato sauce that wasn't really salsa getting all over my hands. I requested a knife and fork, but even that didn't help much. Really, it was just a mess.

Come to Sundowners as the sun is settling, get nice and drunk, then be on your way. Eat elsewhere.

• klasher's Profile Photo

Magiamo Market and Delicatessen: Deli and Grocery in West Bay

by klasher Written Mar 31, 2010

Locate a 3 minute walk from Bananrama Resort, this small market and deli is perfect for stocking your fridge, picking up some beer and wine and indulging in rotisserie chicken or perhaps a gyro. The breakfast was also good and affordable ($7 US)

Favorite Dish: The Greek Gyro was incredible!

• klasher's Profile Photo

Ruby's: Cheap Eats

by klasher Written Apr 2, 2010

Ruby's is a great, serene place to eat in West End. The grounds are lush and the open air restaurant cool and shady. The prices were right with sandwiches and burgers from $4. If you are around for breakfast, try the banana pancakes.

• Eagle Ray's: Great meal in beautiful setting

by apierce718 Written Mar 27, 2008

just got back from roatan, stayed in west end and ate at Eagle Ray's twice -- seems little known and we loved it! the salads were super fresh, as was the fish. the whole fish was great, and the seafood kebab was amazing - huge pieces of lobster and fish, lots of shrimp, all sizzling from the grill. compared to a lot of the overpriced options in west end, i thought their prices were really reasonable, especially considering how enormous the portions are. easily sharable.

when the power was out, we ate by latern and had fast, great service. they don't do a good job of letting people know that they still serve dinner when the lights are out, but as a result, we had their beautiful deck over the water all to ourselves.

To top off a great meal (and really strong cocktails!), we even spotted a huge eagle ray swimming around the restaurant! so cool.

• ChrisRJ's Profile Photo

Anthony's Key Resort Restaurant: Good Food & Great View

by ChrisRJ Written May 22, 2008

Included in the Anthony's Key Resort cost are 3 meals a day that you have at the main restaurant on the hill. Each meal has 2 or 3 choices of main dish and they were always good and really not repetitive. The wait staff were always courteous and the place was always clean.

Favorite Dish: The daily soups they provided at lunch and dinner were always varied and always great.

DINNER DAILY RESTAURANT

• The Bakery #2: Popular Spot for Breakfasts and Lunches

by Jetgirly Updated Apr 4, 2011

I don't know where The Bakery #1 is, but The Bakery #2 is in the heart of West End, just a few feet away from the main intersection into town in a beautiful, yellow, beach-front building. Though the staff (especially the American owner) leave something to be desired in terms of customer service, I couldn't stop myself from going back a second time for their slightly wonky but still delicious huevos rancheros (see photo). Dining on their beach-front patio is a real treat in beautiful weather (I imagine it might not be so pleasant if it's raining).

Both times I visited I had huevos rancheros. I was a bit disappointed the first time they came out, as they looked nothing like any huevos rancheros I had in the past, but they turned out to be excellent. The eggs were cooked well, the tortillas had a little something extra (Honduran tortillas kick Mexican tortillas' butts) and the salsa had zing without being all about the heat. Don't quote me on it, but I would guess huevos rancheros and a glass of juice cost about $6. I kept meaning to make it back for lunch, as I'd heard their sandwiches were good, but there were just too many choices on the island!

Huevos Rancheros Dining on the Patio

• Cannibal Cafe: Enormous Portions of Tex-Mex via Honduras Classics

by Jetgirly Written Feb 9, 2008

If you haven't eaten in a week, make Cannibal Cafe your first stop. This restaurant in the heart of West End serves up gigantic portions of Tex-Mex classics, such as burritos and chimichangas, all touched with the limited ingredients found fresh on Roatan. Expect lots of green peppers, onions and tomatoes, and not so much corn, squash or fresh herbs. Despite the rather repetitive ingredient lists, the food here is actually good. The burritos are monstrous, and the restaurant has a little deal going on: eat three of their huge burritos in an hour, and they're all free! The chimichangas are even "worse" - they're essentially just deep-fried versions of the popular burritos (no eat three, eat free deal here though)!

While you're there, check out the freaky rodent kept in a cage at the back of the restaurant, and pose for a photo with the scarecrow-like character perched at the front of the restaurant.

Chimichanga Rodent at the Restaurant's Rear

Instant Answers: Isla de Roatán

Comments

Isla de Roatán Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Isla de Roatán restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Isla de Roatán sightseeing.

View all Isla de Roatán hotels