Isla de Roatán Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Isla de Roatán

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Andrew, TaxiMan Extraordinaire

by ATXtraveler Written Dec 11, 2004

Since we checked ahead on what to do on the port, and found CSI Roatan, we checked in with their directors and found out that for $10 USD a day we could basically have a personal driver during our whole time. Andrew was a personal tour guide, driving us to great shopping, dining, and beach activities throughout this huge island!

I would highly recommend his services! The easiest way to reach him is to just print out this tip with his picture, or go off the pier and ask for him!

• Cruise

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Cruise on into Roatan

by ATXtraveler Written Dec 11, 2004

NCL Sea

Roatan, to the dismay of the traditionalists of island travel, and to the excitement of cruisers will soon be overrun by more tourists as cruise lines realize how wonderful this port is.

I loved my time there, however it will be sad to see the small port town grow exponetially with cruise traffic. Luckily, the dive communities of West End and Half Moon should remain safe as the cruisers will not find this as easily!

We came in on Norweigan, but also saw Radisson Seven Seas there.

• Cruise

Pedro-Sula and La Ceiba from Toronto, Ontario. Both are charters. One is with
    SkyService and the other through World of Vacations. The former is currently
    posted at $761 CDN return including taxes. Flight time is about 4 hours. This
    would assist travelers in the lower Great Lakes basin who want to avoid USA
    airports and multiple transfers.
    These numbers I have not validated, but it's worth checking out for those Canadians and other foreigners who don't want to deal with American security stuff.

• retiredjack's Profile Photo

TACA or Take A Chance Airlines

by retiredjack Updated Apr 27, 2004

The plane from Miami to Roatan

The best itinerary I found was American Airlines from Montreal to Miami then Taca from Miami to Roatan Honduras at $1200CDN. How simple can it get? But when I landed in Roatan My green suitcase was not there. After locating an airline representative (he was well camouflaged as an ordinary local – no uniform) he noted on a scrap of paper where I was staying, the phone number, a description of my bag and the baggage check ticket number.
    Having arrived on Sunday and calling the airline company every day until Friday to get only I don’t know, mañana or simply no answer, I paid the $40US return taxi ride from West Bay to the airport to claim my bag which I found out by the same Taca representative that it had been there for 3 days and they thought I would pick it up on my way back.
    The first thing I did when he handed my suitcase is to take out my sandals and a fresh Tee-shirt because I was barefoot, unshaven and pretty grungy looking. Then I left without being offered any compensation or even a “We are sorry”.

• UWCAVEMAN's Profile Photo

Taxi's and cruise ship days

by UWCAVEMAN Written Dec 26, 2003

From my house Taxis are pretty easy to get if you walk a few hundred yards down the road. Costs vary a lot depending on whether there are cruise ships there or not. Ask someone familiar with the Island what Taxis should cost before overpaying for a ride. We prefer to rent a car while there just because we are so used to be able to go where and when we want. Roads can be pretty bad at times. Be carefull if you do rent a car.

TACA Airlines

by TinKan Written Oct 10, 2003

Nice flight

TACA is the national airlines of Honduras and flies every day to and from the mainland and to many places in Centeral America and the United States.

TACA uses some small airplanes for the short flight to the main land and we found it to be loads of fun on the smaller aircraft. The windows were very large and the plane flew low so we were able to get some great views of the island.

Airport info

by TinKan Written Apr 1, 2003

RTB airport

When it get to be time to leave paradise make sure you get to the airport early so that you can check your bags and site in the waiting room.

The Resorts around the island take all of their guest to the airport around the same time so when it is busy it is real busy.

• Luxury Travel

How to get around

by TinKan Updated Mar 9, 2003

Rental truck

The Island is easy to navigate by car, but please drive the roads in daylight before you drive them at night.
    There are several rental car agencies on the island -- including :
    Sandy Bay Rent-A-Car (504-445-1710)
    Toyota Rent-A-Car (504-445-1166).

Drivers are required to show a valid drivers license and a cash or credit card deposit.

The truck in the picture cost 65$ for the day.

There are also taxis and buses -- you should always negotiate the price for a taxi before leaving for your destination.

Most resorts will arrange transportation to and from the airport.

• Eco-Tourism

• kalle2511's Profile Photo

Flights

by kalle2511 Written May 15, 2004

MIA --> SPA

On TACA-flight from Miami to San Pedro Sula TACA does not serve meals. Only refreshments are offered without charge. To buy a sandwich costs $ 6.50 (May 2004)

Roatan Airport

by TinKan Updated Feb 26, 2003

Roatan Airport

Roatan has one airport that you can use to get from the main Island to the mainland or to some of the smaller islands.

Some of the bigger airplanes have problems with the rain and the short runway.

• Jungle and Rain Forest

SOL Airlines

by TinKan Updated Jan 7, 2003

Sol Airlines

SOL Airlines has regular flights leaving from Dallas to Roatan on Saturday and daily from Houston.

TACA is another airlines you can take.

• Jungle and Rain Forest

Instant Answers: Isla de Roatán

Comments

Isla de Roatán Transportation

Reviews and photos of Isla de Roatán transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Isla de Roatán sightseeing.

View all Isla de Roatán hotels