Isla de Utila Sports & Outdoors

• CEP1863's Profile Photo

Scuba diving with Utila Dive Centre

by CEP1863 Updated Jan 5, 2014

Utila Dive Centre

There are a plethora of dive centres on Utila and the one that I chose to dive with was Utila Dive Centre. They are a PADI Career Development Centre and as such their standards at to the highest level. I found the staff to be very welcoming and informative, they were incredibly helpful and booking my diving was very easy. This was one of the rare occasions when I did not have all of my own gear and so had to use rental equipment. I found their equipment was very well maintained and there was plenty of choice in terms of wet-suits fins and BCDs which meant that finding gear that fitted well was not a problem.

They are a fairly big operation and so when the dive boats go out, the divers are pretty much all of the same standard (i.e. beginners were not on the same boat as really experienced divers). This makes for much more pleasant diving as dives were not cut short because of someone else's poor air consumption. Dive briefings were comprehensive and the dive guides really knew the reefs well which again added to the experience.

Overall, my time diving on Utila was an amazing time and I would put Utila in my top ten diving destinations.

Equipment: You can rent all equipment from the centre. It us well serviced and in good condition.

• Women's Travel
    • Diving and Snorkeling

• metteks's Profile Photo

Scuba diving - Underwater Vision

by metteks Updated Dec 3, 2005

Getting ready to scuba dive

I took a Padi Open Water Certificate on Utila. A freind of mine recomended Underwater Vision to me, so I took the course at their place.

The dive shop is located at the hostel Trudy?s, and here you get 3 nights for free, if you take the course at Underwater Vision. I paid US$ 159 for the Open Water Course (year 2000 prices).

Equipment: The staff was great and equipment was fine. I had a german instruktor, and he seemed very confident and experienced.

• Diving and Snorkeling

Instant Answers: Isla de Utila

Comments

Isla de Utila Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Isla de Utila sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Isla de Utila sightseeing.

View all Isla de Utila hotels