Isla de Utila Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Isla de Utila

• CEP1863's Profile Photo

Utila Princess

by CEP1863 Written Jan 4, 2014

An alternative way of getting either to or from Utila is via the the Utila Princess. They do twice daily departures from La Ceiba to Utila and back. I used this to return to the mainland and found it a very easy and straightforward method of travel. I went down to the little office the day before my departure and booked my passage. It cost me around $25USD for a one way ticket. This includes the cost of up to two items of baggage, anything additional incurs an extra charge.

Salings are daily as follows:

Depart Utila for La Ceiba: 6:20 am

• Women's Travel

• CEP1863's Profile Photo

by CEP1863 Written Jan 3, 2014
    SOSA Airlines

Getting to Utila can be difficult if you are only in Honduras for a short time, as I was. For this reason I opted to fly and booked my flights at the SOSA airline desk inside San Pedro de Sula airport. Flights are only operated on certain days of the week - Monday, Wenesday, Friday and Saturday. Planes are tiny and they are hot on charging for excess baggage or overweight baggage so be warned.

• Diving and Snorkeling
    • Women's Travel

Instant Answers: Isla de Utila

Comments

Isla de Utila Transportation

Reviews and photos of Isla de Utila transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Isla de Utila sightseeing.

View all Isla de Utila hotels