Roatán Town Warnings and Dangers

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Roatán Town

• kschatterbox's Profile Photo

Be careful

by kschatterbox Updated Mar 23, 2007

Watch out for the kids. My husband and I were almost robbed by a kid who was about the age of 8! He seperated us while we were shopping and he was asking me what was on the ship and all. I started to talk but I noticed that he kept looking over at my husband.
    Finally looking at my husband I noticed that their was 2 or 3 kids around him hovering. I told the kid that I had to go help Jim pick out some cigars and as soon as I came up to him, they left. This was in Coxen Hole at the market shopping.

Watch out for anything!!

Also watch out for kids begging you for money. They will not leave you alone. I have never seen this before and it really bugged me the whole day with it happening.

Also make sure you set a price with the cab driver for round trip BEFORE you get in the cab!!!!!

• klj&a's Profile Photo

Taxis

by klj&a Updated Sep 19, 2005

As soon as you get into port, you will be bombarded by taxi drivers. Make sure you get a cab that only has a driver. You might want to do a quick once over the car before you get in. Our taxi had the wheel fall off. A member of our party and these kids on the side of the road had to help the driver get the tire back on. Needless to say we did not get back in this cab.

• lucyguajardo's Profile Photo

Punta Gorda warning

by lucyguajardo Written Jan 8, 2004

Punta Gorda area

All the island looks secure even the Punta Gorda area, but is better be careful going to that area coz they are not use to see tourist over there.

• Beaches
    • Diving and Snorkeling

Instant Answers: Roatán Town

Comments

Roatán Town Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Roatán Town warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Roatán Town sightseeing.