Coyolito is the launch dock for boats going to various places on Isla El Tigre and even other islands in the Golfo de Fonseca. The easiest destination is Amapala on the Isla El Tigre.
The Coyolito-Amapala ferryboats are open boats with sun canopies that last about 15 minutes over the normally calm waters of the Golfo de Fonseca. Although prices are set, if you have 5 or more people, you may want to bargain with the boatman for the whole boat. Avoid paying too much, but it's cheap in any case. I can't even recall the price--150L ?
If you arrive by car in Coyolito, destine to Isla El Tigre, you will be parking your car in a secured covered lot. This is cheap and easy to do, but I recommend that you keep these issues in mind:
1. There will be many parking vendors eager and rushing you into a deal. Stop, look at the beauty of the water, and then take your time as you bargain for a low price. Don't let them rush you.
2. The parking vendors are probably all about equal in terms of security--behind secured gates--as far as we could tell, but some had open parking in dirt lots, parking under a carport, and lockable garages within the compound. We recommend the last of these at no extra charge. Park the car temporarily, and walk to inspect the parking garage.
3. Some vendors had valet parking, but you're better off driving the car into the parking spot yourself. Lock it inside the garage.
4. You can drop off your bags near the dock before parking the car, but don't let your luggage wander with the eager service ready to drop them into the boat. Have someone in your party watch the bags until everyone is ready for the next step--bargaining for the boat price.
5. We paid 140L ($7.50) for two days. Maybe you can bargain better.