Sports Events in Honduras

Most Viewed Sports & Outdoors in Honduras

• kiwigal_1's Profile Photo

OLIMPIA - SOCCER TEAM

by kiwigal_1 Updated Mar 18, 2008

Soccer is a very popular sport in Honduras. As with many places in Central and South America this sports rouses the passions of the latino folk!

My friends' favourite team was called "Olimpia" which is a club from Tegucigalpa. Their arch-rivals are "Maraton" a club from San Pedro Sula

Equipment: Most "Barrios" or suburbs will have a "cancha" which is a field either full sized or "futbolito" sized (smaller). I loved to play soccer and had played for many years before going to Honduras however it was uncommon for girls to play. My boyfriend at the time, Abner Garcia was very encouraging though and he asked the guys to let me play. There were a few though that refused to do so! I played in a school tournament once (with a team of girls) which was a lot of fun.

Olimpia Football team, Honduras
    • Study Abroad
    • School Holidays

• epicult's Profile Photo

Diving in Utila

by epicult Updated Sep 4, 2003

Altough I have not dove in all the great places in the world, one cannot argue that diving in Utila is one of the best (and cheapest) places in the world to dive.

One my first trip to Utila, I spent 159 (USD) to get my advanced. On my second trip (fun dives only) I had friends get certified for $99.00!!! The diving, and people that teach are great, pretty much anywhere you go.

Whales sharks, barracuda, sea turles... you name it. Great visibility and amazing dive sites. Now, I'm used to prepping my own gear and taking care of myself but, depending on who you dive with, you may not have to worry about it at all.

Recommendation: I've dove with a couple of outfits on Utila but the folks at Utila Dive Center are the best I have experienced. Cheaps rates are never the most important element for good diving but, good gear, knowledgeable staff (that know the sites), good service and freindly people are. Highly recommended.

If you're new to diving, I urge you to visit my Warning Or Danger Tips.

Utila Dive Centre - Highly Recommended
    • Diving and Snorkeling

• Futbol, Futbol, Futbol

by dawnpaz2000 Written Mar 9, 2003

Hondurans are ^loco^ for Soccer (Futbol). You can go to almost any village or city and watch a match going on or actually invite yourself to participate. If that happens, be ready as they are serious with this sport. San Pedro, Tegucigalpa, and La Ceiba have semi-major stadiums where you can watch the national teams compete. Be ware, the fans get alitle wild. There have been times where they actually have goton violent, so get a seat next to the door. This doesn´t happen that often though. The atmosphere is intense though and even if you don´t like the sport, your´ll probably get swept away in the excitement!

Equipment: If you don´t know, don´t go

• tampa_shawn's Profile Photo

The Second Largest Coral Reef in the World

by tampa_shawn Written Dec 12, 2002

The coral reef off of Roatan and the rest of the Bay Islands of Honduras is second only to the great barrier reef so while you’re here you MUST scuba dive or at least snorkel. The waters around most of the island are crystal clear and remarkably calm so even a novice swimmer will feel comfortable in these waters. Dive shops and rental places are everywhere so diving and snorkeling trips are easy to arrange. Great snorkeling can be found right off the shore too.

Me snorkeling

Honduras Hotels

• Hotel Posada Real de Copan

3 kms anParque Arqueologicotes del, Copan, 504, Honduras

Satisfaction: Excellent

Good for: Couples

• Hotel Marsol

I had read good comments about this hotel, and, as is my custom, I wanted a reservation for my first...

• Marriott Tegucigalpa

10 Reviews - 39 Photos
Isla de Utila Hotels
33 Reviews - 28 Photos

Instant Answers: Honduras

Comments

Honduras Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Honduras sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Honduras sightseeing.
Map of Honduras